Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Prediction. Candola is going to find out Issa and Lawrence were talking (perhaps she somehow sees his "I'm outside" text) and assume he is cheating on her, most likely stemming from insecurity from her failed marriage. She'll probably ask Lawrence and or Issa if they have spoken at all, and when they both lie about it, she'll assume they are fukking. And to be petty she decides to sabotage Issa's block party.

Last edited:

EffedUp

Pugs get lonely too...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cincinnati, OH
Prediction. Candolo is going to find out Issa and Lawrence were talking (perhaps she somehow sees his "I'm outside" text) and assume he is cheating on her, most likely stemming from insecurity from her failed marriage. She'll probably ask Lawrence and or Issa if they have spoken at all, and when they both lie about it, she'll assume they are fukking and to be petty she is going to sabotage Issa's block party.
I can see that. :ehh:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Loved the episode, I will add that it's also the best styled, and most stylish show on TV. Everyone is always perfectly dressed and as fashionable as they deserve. I would say they are going deliberately over the top with the sex scenes, and at times, it's a bit much, but it's all in good fun, I think.

The episode to me was about needs and health, how those two connect and disconnect. Molly did a great job asserting herself with her work colleague, and Andrew, yet fell short with Issa, maybe because she is most vulnerable there? Loved the scenes with Molly in that dress, stepping out out of that restaurant, San Diego is BIT more casual, but that is kind of my ideal date myself, everyone looking their best, in somewhere dope, and enjoying themselves. One could say that is close to all I want from relationships and dating, but that's another story.

The Lawrence/Issa/Condola storyline speaks, to me, to people's at times "basic" level of dealing with relationships, as did the Molly/Andrew storyline. Why can't people be intimate sexually and emotionally, without being committed? Why can't friends talk about a man they have in common, if it's harmless and in good faith? And, of course, insecurity.

Great writing, great shots of LA, incredible television.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Y'all really don't fukk with Molly, huh :picard: . I don't think she was being crazy with wanting to know a bit more about him. She even cooked for him (even if she put in too much salt :skip:, but it sounded like his family was a sensitive subject. Her instincts seemed cool, since he did call back. Maybe telling Issa she wasn't sure about him was too soon and a mistake. That whole exchange was funny though.

And her co-worker. "You really not gone close my door" :gucci:

Lawrence putting mayonnaise on fries :scust:

That sketch picture of Latoya when he was watching the show being in crayon :mjlol:. "They never find us" :francis:

Show stays with the seamless music transitions and closing credits. Being a music supervisor seems like it would be a dope job if you had the talent for it :ehh:

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Prediction. Candola is going to find out Issa and Lawrence were talking (perhaps she somehow sees his "I'm outside" text) and assume he is cheating on her, most likely stemming from insecurity from her failed marriage. She'll probably ask Lawrence and or Issa if they have spoken at all, and when they both lie about it, she'll assume they are fukking. And to be petty she decides to sabotage Issa's block party.
Lawrence’s boy talking about not leaving a paper trail confirms it.