Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Yeah, the quality of the show had dipped every single year. I don't think they have any clue what they want to do with the story. Add into the equation HBO generally pays like shyt, Issa's probably looking to wrap Insecure up next year

Agreed

The show stopped being as funny as it was when it first came out. If they need another year to get their shyt together and go out with a bang, then im all for it breh.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
That stinks.... I thought it was a great summer show.

No Westworld or Insecure this year...

I don't watch GOT. . Might as well cancel HBO

HBO fukking sucks. They literally have no new series that I'm checking out. If I wasn't getting it for free, there's no way I could justify paying for it.

Meanwhile Showtime has hella original content. There's no comparing the two channels these days. HBO :eat: off their old catalogue, but the new shyt is hella weak and they be having u wait like a year for a 7 episode season while Showtime gives u 12 episodes each season for all their popular shows.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Issa Rae Is Learning to Make Her Big Voice Heard

You’ve revealed that you know when, where and how “Insecure” will end. Do you have that actual endpoint in sight?

Definitely, but I’m kind of torn and I’m working through that. Prentice [Penny, the showrunner] and I just met up to have our annual poolside discussion of the season, so that’s kind of where we are right now, answering those questions.

Poolside?

Yeah, every year the two of us meet up, rent a cabana at a hotel and get drinks and talk about the season. This is our fourth time doing that, and we’re really happy to see each other. He just finished directing his feature debut [“Uncorked”], and I’ve done other projects, and we’re just sharing our war stories.

Last edited:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Yeah this wasn't a surprise. Insecure wasn't even included in HBO's promotional material for 2019.

After S3, take all the time you need. I see Westworld isn't coming back until 2020 also, that can take its time too. Let that shyt marinate.:skip:

I'm a bit disappointed I won't have an anticipated R&B playlist to go to during the summer though.

Besides these two, the only current show I fukk with on there is the deuce. And that is finna be on its final season as well whenever it comes back.

Well I guess I fukk with ballers and CYE If the latter even comes back again.

Edit: just read CYE ain't doing till 2020. Y'all might as well cancel after GoT. They literally got nothing for an entire year.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
They have 2 seasons left. They can do 3 if they interested in a money grab.
I say 2 would make more sense. 1 season to magically get Lawrence and Issa back together and another season they get married or some shyt like that, Issa stops being insecure and lands a new job and Molly finally gets her shyt together.

Yeahhh I said the same thing. We got the Chi for spring time tho.
Im trying my best not to watch them leaks. I watched til episode 3 but I'm gonna resist :mjcry:

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
HBO fukking sucks. They literally have no new series that I'm checking out. If I wasn't getting it for free, there's no way I could justify paying for it.

Meanwhile Showtime has hella original content. There's no comparing the two channels these days. HBO :eat: off their old catalogue, but the new shyt is hella weak and they be having u wait like a year for a 7 episode season while Showtime gives u 12 episodes each season for all their popular shows.
Barry is one of HBO’s best shows in my opinion of you haven’t seen it. I highly recommend it but the seasons are short like you said (only 8 episodes). Other than that I agree.

What do you check for on Showtime besides Billions? I see it’s only $11 per month so I’ve been thinking about getting it.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Besides these two, the only current show I fukk with on there is the deuce. And that is finna be on its final season as well whenever it comes back.

Edit: just read CYE ain't doing till 2020. Y'all might as well cancel after GoT. They literally got nothing for an entire year.
Yeah the deuce is pretty cold minus the botty mon shyt they threw in there last season with the tranny and all that. It's a good show though and I like the actress who plays Darlene so I'm gonna keep watching till it's done but I don't think they can stretch it much further then 1 more season.

Darlene is probably gone too after what happened last season.

Last edited:

OJ Simpsom

Superstar
Daps
But Issa basically is the female Donald Glover at this point.
:duck:Naw the female Donald Glover is this woman right here
Lena-Waithe-Westworld.jpg

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

Game of Thrones airing its final season is bittersweet. It's gonna suck not having Westeros fukkery to look forward to weekly. But on the other hand, this should push HBO to find the next big flagship show, and Westworld is NOT it. :russ:

My HBO subscription gonna stay in tact. Barry, Big Little Lies S2, Deadwood feature film, Euphoria, The Deuce S3, Watchmen, His Dark Materials, Lovecraft Country. I'm eatin and gettin seconds :wow:

Last edited: