Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
Well to be fair, the show could be centered around her but there may be other characters more popular that people like more then her and some of us n her hate her lol. For Instance Family Matters was originally centered around Carl Winslow and the family but Urkel was the most popular character and eventually stole the show. With that said I see his point, it was too much of her and her fukks up this season.

There should have been more Lawrence or some other character sharing screen time with her to lessen her story line a little. in fact while they showed Issa going through her fukk ups after the break up, they could have showed what Lawrence was up to and how he handled things on his end to balance things out.

THIS

AND

I get that which is why I said the show could be centered around her BUT that doesn't make her the most popular character or favorite to everyone. Some people hate her character and season 3 she got too much screen time and to top it off people didn't like the fact Lawrence wasn't really part of the show either aside from the cameo and him getting involved a little.

I'm hoping they are able to figure out a way out of this rut they're in because season 3 wasn't as good imo and it felt too short. Now they got ten episodes and time to work on the show.

THIS

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
No one is "mad" breh, I'm just saying they could balance it more. Season 1 and 2 was more balanced, season 3 wasn't as much and it's easily the worse of the 3.
What is there to balance? These are all Issa Rae's characters. If you like Lawrence that's because of Issa Rae. Any character you like is an indication of the creators abilities. She's telling a story, not acquiescing to some need for more screentime for dudes in a show where the main character is a woman. That's like saying Donald Glover needed to balance more screentime for Van when Earn is the main character of Atlanta:gucci:

Daps
What is there to balance? These are all Issa Rae's characters. If you like Lawrence that's because of Issa Rae. Any character you like is an indication of the creators abilities. She's telling a story, not acquiescing to some need for more screentime for dudes in a show where the main character is a woman. That's like saying Donald Glover needed to balance more screentime for Van when Earn is the main character of Atlanta:gucci:

The issue is that Issa’s character alone isn’t interesting enough to carry a full season as the focus. The show can only focus on Issa and Molly taking unforced Ls for so long. Up until Lawrence came back every episode was Molly and Issa just doing dumb shyt and refusing to learn from it.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
the main character getting the most screen time wouldnt be a problem if she was the most interesting character, or in the top 3. as already mentioned there are multiple characters who are 1) better actors 2) have better storylines

doesnt help that her character (as written) isnt completely likable either. all that adds up to the mediocre recent season and the mediocre season we are awaiting

???

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the main character getting the most screen time wouldnt be a problem if she was the most interesting character, or in the top 3. as already mentioned there are multiple characters who are 1) better actors 2) have better storylines

doesnt help that her character (as written) isnt completely likable either. all that adds up to the mediocre recent season and the mediocre season we are awaiting

This is the era of watching characters that people hate, so I don't know why you're so confused. I haven't liked a single character on tv since the late 2000s.:yeshrug:

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
the show is about her :dahell:

most people don't watch it for just her.

a lot of people don't neccessarily watch it for her at all.

What is there to balance? These are all Issa Rae's characters. If you like Lawrence that's because of Issa Rae. Any character you like is an indication of the creators abilities. She's telling a story, not acquiescing to some need for more screentime for dudes in a show where the main character is a woman. That's like saying Donald Glover needed to balance more screentime for Van when Earn is the main character of Atlanta

by this logic, all the writers & producers would be in front of the cameras & the stars of the show.

I watched the first season of atlanta. his cousin got almost as much screentime actually. and the skinny bul that rolled with his cousin coulda really blew it up out the water if he got more time.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN

I never said she wasn't talented, you are moving the goal post! As others said, her character, the main character isn't interesting enough when all she is doing is taking L after L, then they show Molly and Molly is on the same shyt. They need someone or something to balance it out in order to make it a more interesting story and also to reach an actual climax in the plot of the story eventually.