Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Game of Thrones airing its final season is bittersweet. It's gonna suck not having Westeros fukkery to look forward to weekly. But on the other hand, this should push HBO to find the next big flagship show, and Westworld is NOT it. :russ:

My HBO subscription gonna stay in tact. Barry, Big Little Lies S2, Deadwood feature film, Euphoria, The Deuce S3, Watchmen, His Dark Materials, Lovecraft Country. I'm eatin and gettin seconds :wow:

We’ll still have GOT fukkery for years to come. Apparently they are fast tracking the prequel series. And the good thing is that there are more black leads too

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Besides these two, the only current show I fukk with on there is the deuce. And that is finna be on its final season as well whenever it comes back.

Well I guess I fukk with ballers and CYE If the latter even comes back again.

Edit: just read CYE ain't doing till 2020. Y'all might as well cancel after GoT. They literally got nothing for an entire year.
season 2 of big little lies :blessed:

i hope it's good...but yea, they don't have anything else i fukk with, veep and GOT are ending, no insecure, no CYE :francis:

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Kinda scratched my head about that comment too.

The show was made for her centered around her experiences and he saying she put herself out there too much and should have given more time to actors who signed on as supporting roles lol
Well to be fair, the show could be centered around her but there may be other characters more popular that people like more then her and some of us n her hate her lol. For Instance Family Matters was originally centered around Carl Winslow and the family but Urkel was the most popular character and eventually stole the show. With that said I see his point, it was too much of her and her fukks up this season.

There should have been more Lawrence or some other character sharing screen time with her to lessen her story line a little. in fact while they showed Issa going through her fukk ups after the break up, they could have showed what Lawrence was up to and how he handled things on his end to balance things out.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Issa Rae is an auteur. She writes, produces, and acts in the show. Of COURSE its going to mainly center around her and her character. Family Matters wasn’t auteur driven, it was a regular sitcom. Issa Rae and Insecure are synonymous with one another. You literally can’t have one without the other. Having said that there are numerous episodes that don’t center on her character, in the second season Lawrence got a LOT of screen time dedicated to his character and development. Molly had a whole arc with her “open relationship” boyfriend and so on and so forth.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Issa Rae is an auteur. She writes, produces, and acts in the show. Of COURSE its going to mainly center around her and her character. Family Matters wasn’t auteur driven, it was a regular sitcom. Issa Rae and Insecure are synonymous with one another. You literally can’t have one without the other. Having said that there are numerous episodes that don’t center on her character, in the second season Lawrence got a LOT of screen time dedicated to his character and development. Molly had a whole arc with her “open relationship” boyfriend and so on and so forth.
I get that which is why I said the show could be centered around her BUT that doesn't make her the most popular character or favorite to everyone. Some people hate her character and season 3 she got too much screen time and to top it off people didn't like the fact Lawrence wasn't really part of the show either aside from the cameo and him getting involved a little.

I'm hoping they are able to figure out a way out of this rut they're in because season 3 wasn't as good imo and it felt too short. Now they got ten episodes and time to work on the show.

Last edited: