Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Uncle Kendrick

I'm just bout that action
Daps
Reppin
Brick City
Get the ENTIRE fukk outta here with that shyt

You're proving my argument how can you condemn him in one breath but be completely open to it in another? You either against it or you for it there's no in-between. Also keep in mind he's not attracted to men at all and it happened only one time in college while under the influence of alcohol.

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
I'm sorry but the double standard in this ep is completely true and I'm guilty of believing in it too... It's different in our society for a man than a woman when it comes to "experimenting" with sexuality....it goes without saying really ....that shyt will stick with a nikka for life like bad credit... Way more passive/acceptable/attractive for women tho...:yeshrug:

Issa should have told Lawrence the truth from the jump... Instead of him having to play clue with her phone... The inevitable is nearing... :sas1:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Homie need to just drop Issa
Its a wrap
fukk all the head games and kid shyt
Homegirl aint even worth the trouble

Watch if he confronts her 1st response be "why you going thru my phone?"
:russ:

Be a man
Keep it moving
Scoop up tig ol biddies
And be happy

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I am very against gender roles and societies view of the sexes, and the question of male vs female sexuality posed, and that was a difficult question....Strictly logic, not morality, or relgious bias, cultural bias, there really is no reason why except societies view on male and female gender roles. Now, it should go without saying, that I am not personally interested or open to that kind of experimentation, and I cannot fault Molly for her choice....

I found the writing this episode to be a little messier and conventional the previous ones, felt a little rushed in some aspects, Jared and Molly go from potential couple to apart in a matter of minutes, and didn't seem to give the situation the weight it spent several episodes building up. The Daniel/Issa/Lawerence storyline was a little pat, and cliched, felt forced in too many spots, previously the show had been a little more subtle and nuanced regarding relationships, these were situations we've all seen before, and not presented much differently.

One part I felt deserved mention was Issa's immaturity in dealing with Daniel post studio sex, the childishness in deleting texts and not responding, I think is a concept worth exploring. These are people in their late 20's, early 30's, who have careers, and still aren't able to reconcile their emotions with what needs to be done. A simple follow up explaining how she felt would have been sufficient, and likely avoided the text that could reveal her infidelity. Issa needed the setting that doesn't show a message preview lol

President Sakora

Supporter
Daps
At least they depicted a pretty light skinned mills being a fakir and not a dark brother get his dik suxd by another dude

EffedUp

Pugs get lonely too...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cincinnati, OH
glad Lawrence didn't buy that ring :whoa:

The only way I see Lawrence can get even is to sleep with someone else........:scheme:

and let it be a Becky :troll:

that would be the ultimate ether
A Becky from her job:ahh:

Nah that would be three levels above fukked up:mjlol:
Like Frieda? I bet she wouldn't turn him down. :sas1:
I get the vibe she a freak with a sweet tooth on the low. :sas2:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
I am very against gender roles and societies view of the sexes, and the question of male vs female sexuality posed, and that was a difficult question....Strictly logic, not morality, or relgious bias, cultural bias, there really is no reason why except societies view on male and female gender roles. Now, it should go without saying, that I am not personally interested or open to that kind of experimentation, and I cannot fault Molly for her choice....

I found the writing this episode to be a little messier and conventional the previous ones, felt a little rushed in some aspects, Jared and Molly go from potential couple to apart in a matter of minutes, and didn't seem to give the situation the weight it spent several episodes building up. The Daniel/Issa/Lawerence storyline was a little pat, and cliched, felt forced in too many spots, previously the show had been a little more subtle and nuanced regarding relationships, these were situations we've all seen before, and not presented much differently.

One part I felt deserved mention was Issa's immaturity in dealing with Daniel post studio sex, the childishness in deleting texts and not responding, I think is a concept worth exploring. These are people in their late 20's, early 30's, who have careers, and still aren't able to reconcile their emotions with what needs to be done. A simple follow up explaining how she felt would have been sufficient, and likely avoided the text that could reveal her infidelity. Issa needed the setting that doesn't show a message preview lol

I don't know if it's just me but I don't really take this show or it's writing too seriously. The only really unrealistic part to me is when homie told ol' girl he let his friend suck him off. There's no man on earth who would admit some shyt like that to a chick he doesn't really know. The leadup to it just didn't feel realistic. Went from "I streaked at a Best Western" to "I fukked my married boss" to "I let my friend suck me off... once." It would have made more sense for her to find out on accident.

I also feel like Lawrence should have better sense for someone who has been with his girl for that long. His spider senses should be tingling like crazy. shyt he should've responded to that text and pretended to be Issa.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I don't know if it's just me but I don't really take this show or it's writing too seriously. The only really unrealistic part to me is when homie told ol' girl he let his friend suck him off. There's no man on earth who would admit some shyt like that to a chick he doesn't really know. The leadup to it just didn't feel realistic. Went from "I streaked at a Best Western" to "I fukked my married boss" to "I let my friend suck me off... once." It would have made more sense for her to find out on accident.

I also feel like Lawrence should have better sense for someone who has been with his girl for that long. His spider senses should be tingling like crazy. shyt he should've responded to that text and pretended to be Issa.
:whoa:

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
On the first episode right now and brehs convince me I need to keep watching the other episodes because this shyt is :francis: right now.

And Issa comes off kinda lesbian for some reason. She seems neutralized.

EDIT - 2 episodes in and I'm about to toss this shyt in the bushes. Dialogue/script is insanely weak. Molly is basically a less attractive, hoe version of Toni from Girlfriends and she + Issa literally talk about nothing. WTF is this show about LOL?

And Issa's bars are week as hell

Atlanta is light years ahead of this shyt.

The music on this show is the strongest point

Last edited: