Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Nah, that sounds good in theory, but its really Issa that would have the upper hand. If he lets her get away with it... then that means he MIGHT let her get away with it again.

getting a hall pass would only further sully the relationship more and is a lose lose for the relationship. If he fukks someone, now issa has to wonder if one time will be enough (it might wake his savage up), if he doesn't, well he looks stupid.

There's no way around it, she must be punished or Lawrence will look weak to her (Shes already alluded to such by calling him "gay straight", saying she wanted her back blown out) and she might not long anything in the long run.

Hmm . . . I think it is possible to get over it. I have cheated, gotten caught in a similar fashion and the girl forgave me and I didn't look at it as her being 'weak'. But maybe you are right since it is the guy who is the injured party and females are looking for strength/security from a guy. And Issa seems like the type to flip forgiveness as a weak trait eventually.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Issa is doing a lot to talk to her specific ass audience and a lot like Girls, it's her holding up a mirror to herself and her peers. That scene with Molly telling her girlfriends about Jared felt like Issa was pointing out how black women aren't as comfortable with homosexuality as they pretend to be. Idk how many times black women I've known have scoffed at how homophobic black men are but here we're seeing that they're only accepting on the surface.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Issa is doing a lot to talk to her specific ass audience and a lot like Girls, it's her holding up a mirror to herself and her peers. That scene with Molly telling her girlfriends about Jared felt like Issa was pointing out how black women aren't as comfortable with homosexuality as they pretend to be. Idk how many times black women I've known have scoffed at how homophobic black men are but here we're seeing that they're only accepting on the surface.
Haha this is very true. I knew a group of black women that were STRONG LGBT supporters, but one time we had a topic of bi men and they were like bi men:usure:? that nikka gay

I was sitting there like:leon:what about gender fluidity?

And they all pretty much gave me the:camby:

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Lawrence kinds
Nope of her friends seemed like progressives tho
Just bougie college folks

Daps
A lot of sneak dissing going in here :pachaha:

I was just playing devils advocate just trying get some different perspectives on the show. But I'm glad you all are into the show like I am. Shout out to @Black Trash! for respectively adding to the dialogue.

Lol, just fukking wit you, breh.

The reason that double standard exists is cuz society encourages women to be curious and to explore these sexual encounters. Not just full on kissing, but even just slapping their friends ass as they dance at the club, or groping their titties for the 'gram. It just ain't like that for dudes.

They tryna change all that with this whole 'genda stuff, tho. Tryna make these "explorations" seem like the norm :mjpls:

Uncle Kendrick

I'm just bout that action
Daps
Reppin
Brick City

The reason that double standard exists is cuz society encourages women to be curious and to explore these sexual encounters. Not just full on kissing, but even just slapping their friends ass as they dance at the club, or groping their titties for the 'gram. It just ain't like that for dudes.

They tryna change all that with this whole 'genda stuff, tho. Tryna make these "explorations" seem like the norm :mjpls:

I agree, there are people out here trying to change the very definition on what it is to be male, female, straight, etc. but that's not the norm. I don't blame molly she did the right thing. At the end of day, women want to have piece of mind that their man loves them and not someone else.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps

It's sort of like that for dudes on sports teams. They are all about hugging, smacking asses....and in some cases

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That double standard when it comes to experimenting :francis:

If it's okay for one then it's okay for both or vice versa :yeshrug:

There's no in between to me :yeshrug:

Good episode though. Don't think Molly is ever going to find anyone :francis:

And that Russell Wilson line had me :mjlol: but I was :ooh: at first until they showed it wasn't real, just her imagining it

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
I'm glad they have representations of Simps like lawrence on TV

Caught his girl cheating and he still with her next episode at the pool party