Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
In my opinion season 1 wasnt like this they have ratcheted up the ratchetness and heavily increased yvonne orji's role which just makes this another hey girlfriend! mts mts mts type of show

I feel like Yvonne orji was always going to be the co lead

I ain’t see season 3 yet

I stopped early in season 2, I gotta catch up

But I knew it was always about the women

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
I thought it was a good episode. It was well acted by Daniel and Issa. I felt their tension and frustration too.

Song at the end was flames too.

the soundtrack is fire imo. great choice of music. and daniel and issa's relationship is really good. i thought it was going to be slow and corny but the pace and tension has been good. they work really well together.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
This was a good episode due to it being very realistic.
  • They captured what working at an education based non-profit is like. Especially one with a white leader that services mainly PoCs. Most non-profit leaders HATE push back and people disagreeing with them especially around other people. And it really is counter-productive to the mission.
  • Captured being in a party setting that is also a place you have to network. It's hard trying to sell yourself in a loud crowded space where lots of people are talking.
  • And the akwardness between Daniel and Issa is very realistic to. They have boned previously that ended badly, Issa has also just rejected his advances and although still friends they can't get over the history.
I think Daniel and Issa will end up together. They have a real bond that transcends sex. It's pretty rare thing, especially for someone you are attracted to. Plus, they are really painting Daniel as a great guy. Like 99% of men would not rock with Issa the way Daniel is. She is really asking a lot, I'm surprised he's so obliging.