Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Soild episode.... I'm not mad it. Character building obviously, because it was the first real look into Daniel personality...

The show still misses Lawrence and his friends. (his homeboy was probably the funniest one on the show)

Interested in seeing where the show goes. I'm thinking Issa and Daniel will end up together by the end of the season

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
The background of Issa's financial life being a complete mess is interesting to me and very millennial.
Hell most of our generation had fukked up finances too. Not just a millennials thing IMO. Especially those with a dead end job not making that good of a salary.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Never!
yutRrqm.gif

When you catch this L, it's gonna hit you like this

tenor.gif

You gonna have two black eyes looking like a pair of glasses:troll: Just tell them it's Guccis.

Makes sense that Daniel and Issa are friends

Both are weird as shyt
:wub: I love that about them.
extra push and let you know what you really should be doing. Issa was a good friend in that regard :ehh:
And hat shows that she’s a true rider, she sticks with dudes. She won’t just bounce when shyt gets tough, and she supports her guy. Yeah she obviously was tired of riding with a Lawrence after so long, but she won’t bounce at the first sign of struggle.
Issa and Daniel need to stop playing. They have good chemistry and need to see where it goes. That whole try to be friends shyt is frustrating me.
It’s tough, but right now they’re in a state of denial. They knownhey want each other, maybe afraid of getting hurt.
Issa being skinny is such a waste. She can't dress for shyt.
:dead:
None of Issa's friends letting her stay with them is telling. She is truly homeless.
I want them to explore deeper into why the other girls won’t.
also the indian looking girl in the non-profit office was her best friend on the webseries.
Watch the entire web series, you’ll see way more.

getting supportive gf vibes from Issa.

Issa and Daniel have always had that bond & deep passion for music. It’s like the relationship in Brown Sugar, they had a deep love of hip hop and for each other.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
This was a good episode due to it being very realistic.
  • They captured what working at an education based non-profit is like. Especially one with a white leader that services mainly PoCs. Most non-profit leaders HATE push back and people disagreeing with them especially around other people. And it really is counter-productive to the mission.
  • Captured being in a party setting that is also a place you have to network. It's hard trying to sell yourself in a loud crowded space where lots of people are talking.
  • And the akwardness between Daniel and Issa is very realistic to. They have boned previously that ended badly, Issa has also just rejected his advances and although still friends they can't get over the history.
I think Daniel and Issa will end up together. They have a real bond that transcends sex. It's pretty rare thing, especially for someone you are attracted to. Plus, they are really painting Daniel as a great guy. Like 99% of men would not rock with Issa the way Daniel is. She is really asking a lot, I'm surprised he's so obliging.

Good post. It was a good episode because of this...

Only real issue I have with the show is the audio mixing is a bit weird. Sometimes its hard to hear them talking over simple room tone.