Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
that was a dope episode imo. gives a closer look to daniel's character and developed his relationship/bond with issa.

i do wanna see more of molly and dro tho. too much fukkery going on there to not include them in an episode.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Another thing, Issa has to leave that job. Her boss is a piece of shyt and for her to have all that African art and cultural shyt. She is clueless!
She needs to leave the job (or get a better one) just based off of the fact that she’s broke as fukk, can’t even afford to rent an apartment, and is essentially just wasting time.

young3000

Most wanted baby father
Daps
Reppin
where they cross-over and clap boards
Issa's and Daniel's fortunes are about to change. They will both catch a break soon, it seems.

The both seem to be on the precipice of a professional breakthrough.

That 400+ credit score. :mjcry:

None of Issa's friends letting her stay with them is telling. She is truly homeless.

:francis:

Because she's a terrible friend herself :francis:

Dante Manning

Banned
Daps
this show had a dope 1st season, unbalanced 2nd and now its become clear it just a black sex and the city, so i'm out:camby:

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
She been like that since day 1.

One of those white people who get off helping the “community” of black and brown people, using it as an ego boaster to prove she’s a “progressive” white person.

She’s the type to adopt an African Baby, name it “Robert Langston Hughes III” and put him in dresses and bonets to raise him as “gender neutral”.
Lol facts, she definitely on her Angelina Jolie shyt but she is fat, sloppy and unattractive.

I went back and watched some of her web series Awkward Black Girl cause I never seen it and that same kind of character was in her webseries as her boss but she was even worse. Eventually she left that job, also the indian looking girl in the non-profit office was her best friend on the webseries.

She needs to leave the job (or get a better one) just based off of the fact that she’s broke as fukk, can’t even afford to rent an apartment, and is essentially just wasting time.
Facts, she is working full time and can't afford shyt. In the web series she was an Africana Studies major, I wonder what she majored in on this show and why she can't get a good job.

I forgot if they mentioned it :russ:

Dante Manning

Banned
Daps
What would you like it to be?
Like season 1, we got work and relationship life of issa and lawrence with molly (and em) only supporting.. We would just hear about molly's relationship but saw her at work. She had a proper corporate position so it was a nice way to do a black woman in coporate america thing. And it gave us scenes like her trying to put a fellow black worker on how ish works and the woman tellin her she would do her own thing and then we saw how that turned out.

I miss that kind of social messaging. Now its just scandalous, with their johns buttcracks taking up the whole screen during sex scenes all the time. We already have issa and her relationships struggles we dont need molly's too thats overkill. And even though they messed up lawrence in s2 daniel is not a good replacement

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like season 1, we got work and relationship life of issa and lawrence with molly (and em) only supporting.. We would just hear about molly's relationship but saw her at work. She had a proper corporate position so it was a nice way to do a black woman in coporate america thing. And it gave us scenes like her trying to put a fellow black worker on how ish works and the woman tellin her she would do her own thing and then we saw how that turned out.

I miss that kind of social messaging. Now its just scandalous, with their johns buttcracks taking up the whole screen during sex scenes all the time. We already have issa and her relationships struggles we dont need molly's too thats overkill. And even though they messed up lawrence in s2 daniel is not a good replacement

What's wrong with Daniel?