Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are you watching the show? He can't network or socialize at all

He's clearly one those introvert music producers who can only function in the studio but is socially awkward and weird outside of it

Some people just have a hard time making introductions. Daniel has a lot of pride as well.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

He's clearly one those introvert music producers who can only function in the studio but is socially awkward and weird outside of it

Nah

If you watch seasons 1 & 2 dude isn’t an introvert or socially awkward he’s just prideful. And if you’ve ever been in a situation with an old friend or aquaitence whose doing better than you it can be hella awkward to want to ask for handouts or favors.

I’d guess that that goes for DOUBLE in the music business. Where EVERYONE wants to ride on the coattails of the one who “made it”. Daniel doesn’t want to come off like that. The original plan was for his homeboy (someone who has presumably been grinding WITH him and can attest to his work ethic and talent) to come with him and make the proper introductions. His boy bailed on him. He wasn’t even going to go. Issa convinced him, and then they show up and are not even on the list! On top of that you gotta get it on the strength of an old friend you haven’t seen in quite some time. That would make ANYONE a little nervous and agitated.

Daniel’s reactions were perfectly normal given the circumstances. The show is called Insecure. Its about exploring what happens when you put black people outside of their comfort zones and seeing how they react.

I really liked this episode. And they had Issa looking:ohlawd: in that club outfit

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
^^Yeah, I took it more as Daniel being upset he's not at a better place while his friend he grew up with was on a different level. Sometimes you need someone to give you that extra push and let you know what you really should be doing. Issa was a good friend in that regard :ehh:. It shouldn't have taken talking to Kelly before she started cleaning up though, especially if she's not kicking in some rent :francis:. At least keep the fridge stacked with Capri Sun or something.

Her struggle lunch of pb & j and granola bars and credit score :picard:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Another thing, Issa has to leave that job. Her boss is a piece of shyt and for her to have all that African art and cultural shyt. She is clueless!

She been like that since day 1.

One of those white people who get off helping the “community” of black and brown people, using it as an ego boaster to prove she’s a “progressive” white person.

She’s the type to adopt an African Baby, name it “Robert Langston Hughes III” and put him in dresses and bonets to raise him as “gender neutral”.

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
Nah

If you watch seasons 1 & 2 dude isn’t an introvert or socially awkward he’s just prideful. And if you’ve ever been in a situation with an old friend or aquaitence whose doing better than you it can be hella awkward to want to ask for handouts or favors.

I’d guess that that goes for DOUBLE in the music business. Where EVERYONE wants to ride on the coattails of the one who “made it”. Daniel doesn’t want to come off like that. The original plan was for his homeboy (someone who has presumably been grinding WITH him and can attest to his work ethic and talent) to come with him and make the proper introductions. His boy bailed on him. He wasn’t even going to go. Issa convinced him, and then they show up and are not even on the list! On top of that you gotta get it on the strength of an old friend you haven’t seen in quite some time. That would make ANYONE a little nervous and agitated.

Daniel’s reactions were perfectly normal given the circumstances. The show is called Insecure. Its about exploring what happens when you put black people outside of their comfort zones and seeing how they react.

I really liked this episode. And they had Issa looking:ohlawd: in that club outfit

As someone who's in the music business....I've been in this scenario and I've handled it a lot differently.

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Nah

Cosign.

This episode really hit home for me. I'm out here in LA and can totally relate to Daniel. I've been in the exact scenarios dozens of times out here
where I'm at a party/gathering and have to sell myself. Begrudgingly trying to network with ppl who play you off like the rapper was with Daniel.
Also seeing ppl surge pass you that you're been in the same circles with makes you feel a certain way.
Not hate but disappointment in yourself in not getting to where you want to go as quickly as your contemporaries.

I've had the same circle of friends as big time rappers, writers, producers and directors. Sometimes though, when everywhere you turn you see these cats on
every magazine, at every award show getting awards and on commercials that play constantly I be on that Kanye,
"Dog, I was havin' nervous breakdowns
like Man, these nikkas that much better than me?" :sadcam:

Good episode. Kelli is funny as hell.
I wish Issa would speak up more rather than going into her little rap dreams. Sometimes you need to calmly check your coworkers on
the racist shyt. If you just "yea, yea, whatever you guys say" then don't complain.
Yea, it sucks that you have to represent all black people but like the gay coworker said, it is what it is. You don't have that luxury.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Another episode that was kinda slow, but it got some decent tid bits of info across. Daniel gonna have a situation on his hands with his girl real quick, she already feeling some type of way and its only a matter of time til he fukking Issa cheating on his girl.

bucks3115

Superstar
Daps
Another episode that was kinda slow, but it got some decent tid bits of info across. Daniel gonna have a situation on his hands with his girl real quick, she already feeling some type of way and its only a matter of time til he fukking Issa cheating on his girl.

Two confuse people

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
-"It's not racist, it's MY hand" :heh: Clueless ass white bytch.

-Vanessa was too tired of Daniel. nikka go home already!

-Issa and Daniel need to stop playing. They have good chemistry and need to see where it goes. That whole try to be friends shyt is frustrating me.

-Issa being skinny is such a waste. She can't dress for shyt.

Cory MBA

Bigger Picture
Daps
Issa's and Daniel's fortunes are about to change. They will both catch a break soon, it seems.

The both seem to be on the precipice of a professional breakthrough.

That 400+ credit score. :mjcry:

None of Issa's friends letting her stay with them is telling. She is truly homeless.

:francis: