Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Apparently Issa broke a vase. Also living with someone deteriorates the friendship lol that’s why she about to fukk it up with Daniel.

Maaaaaannn, if this ain't the truth. I'd rather live with a stranger than live with a friend, even if they're paying rent.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Why:gucci:

Atlanta is doing MORE than great on FX. The show just got 16 Emmy nominations, more than any other comedy series and damn near EVERYBODY who Donald put on has parlayed the show’s success to some type of producing or development deal with the network.

Starz cancelled Survivor’s Remorse. The BLACKEST and most intelligent show they’ve ever had.

Showtime hasn’t had a black led show worth a damn before The Chi premiered. Which was no doubt helped by the success of Atlanta and Insecure before it.

HBO already had a black male led show called Brothers In Atlanta that they cancelled before the pilot even premiered. Steve Mcqueen had a black led show that he filmed a pilot for and HBO also cancelled it. HBO don’t give a fukk about the black male perspective.
HBO don't seem to give a damn about the Black perspective if it isn't a comedy or created by David Simon. :mjlol:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Staying with Daniel is head scratching. The vase excuse regarding Molly is weak. What about her cru? The girl who was overweight and lost some pounds? Her own brother? Her dilly white co-worker? And they still haven't addressed her parental situation.
Seems like Issa chose the most awkward situation possible as a place to lay her head.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
tenor.gif

See you then, don’t forget to @ me
Did you see her (Meghan from BGC) on Mahisha Dellinger's (Founder of Curls hair products) new show on OWN?

It's called Mind Your Business. She was a mess still.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
tenor.gif
See you then, don’t forget to @ me
I wont forget too lol but her living with Daniel is already a dumb ideal :mjlol:She was dumb and then she wants to act like she doesn't want to be with him when he asks her about it but that's the only real reason for her to be there and it's the actual truth.

Her job is also playing her too, she is trying to let them know where they are going wrong and her boss is being a bytch when they pay her very little in the first place. That's another L!:umad:

Hand me two of them Capri-Suns then, a nikka parched

LMAO!!!
:mjlol: Dude killed the party Lyft.

The scene I'm most looking forward to this season is when Molly talks to Dro's wife about what's going on.

They building up to it and I can't wait to see what happens.
They some what had that convo last season though and the wife seemed to hate Molly and be jealous if I recall.

Check out @KillJoiiiBang’s Tweet:

Lawrence was at least helping out on the bills though, plus he was in his girlfriends home not his ex's making the situation more awkward.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Big thing for me is the commercial breaks and then the subject matter.

FX is basic cable so you can only get away with so much. But the biggest thing is the commercial breaks.
Well in all fairness at least they got to run that Teddy Perkins episode commercial free but I hear you though. However I wouldn't want them going to HBO or any of those similar networks and that changing anything. They have a formula that works for them and if it isn't broken no need to break it.

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
this show sucks. only part i liked was that fake "baby" song in the studio :pachaha:

season 1 was pretty good to me.. season 2 was a big fall off and now this seems like more of the same. just a bunch of sex scenes and popular references. this show is def black twitter.