Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Did you see her (Meghan from BGC) on Mahisha Dellinger's (Founder of Curls hair products) new show on OWN?

It's called Mind Your Business. She was a mess still.
She got a new show post Basketball Wives?? I didn’t even know she was no longer on there (is she??) and can she act? AND im actually glad to see OWN branching out beyond Perry since he’s bout to pack his shows off to BET. And make their network Black again :troll:

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
wont forget too lol but her living with Daniel is already a dumb ideal :mjlol:She was dumb and then she wants to act like she doesn't want to be with him when he asks her about it but that's the only real reason for her to be there and it's the actual truth.

Her job is also playing her too, she is trying to let them know where they are going wrong and her boss is being a bytch when they pay her very little in the first place. That's another L!:umad:
tenor.gif

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
This is why she’s gotta have it sucked. In that show it seemed there were very few lessons for the main character to learn and very little L’s taken which simply just isnt realistic.
Truth is, Issa hinders this show like 50 does with Power. Both have shyt characters and everyone else around them have much better characters

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
That is what makes Insecure so special, especially to black women cause we find ourselves indentifying with the characters be it Issa, Molly, Tiffany, Kelly, or Tasha. That show has the women so well written that that are just relatable to the everyday life (& ultimate struggles) of being a black woman. Insecure is Living Single meets Girlfriends with no holds barred.
I dont find Issa to be realistic at all. Everyone else from her brother, Dro, Molly, Lawrence and Daniel, yes. Issa? No

dagodmcizme

All Star
Daps
She got a new show post Basketball Wives?? I didn’t even know she was no longer on there (is she??) and can she act? AND im actually glad to see OWN branching out beyond Perry since he’s bout to pack his shows off to BET. And make their network Black again :troll:

Nah. She was only there for that one season.

FlyBoy718

All Star
Daps
Reppin
BK
Staying with Daniel is head scratching. The vase excuse regarding Molly is weak. What about her cru? The girl who was overweight and lost some pounds? Her own brother? Her dilly white co-worker? And they still haven't addressed her parental situation.
Seems like Issa chose the most awkward situation possible as a place to lay her head.
Breh i see where u coming from but we only 1 episode in...let it breath a bit lol...show is piff

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
smh i fukkin knew it. i'm out, brehs - can't watch this shyt. i hate this nikka Daniel b/c he was the side dude.

:francis: i'm back. first ep was ok, but I dislike Issa. I don't want her to struggle, but I don't feel sorry for her. Not sure how long imma watch this season

Esp was cool to me.

Does Molly look a lil different to anyone else?

Molly looks good....maybe it's the braids, but she has more of a sex appeal this season. She's always been attractive to me, but now it's like :takedat:

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Soild 1st episode..... The Party Lyft shyt was funny. That Daniel/Issa shyt is awkward so I don't see that lasting long.
Molly still fukking wit Dro :snoop:

Where was Lawrence?

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
:francis: i'm back. first ep was ok, but I dislike Issa. I don't want her to struggle, but I don't feel sorry for her. Not sure how long imma watch this season

Molly looks good....maybe it's the braids, but she has more of a sex appeal this season. She's always been attractive to me, but now it's like :takedat:
A bug eyed, rail thin, no curve having chick is cute to you?:scust:
:dame: