Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Atlanta needs to get picked up by HBO, Showtime or Starz.

Why:gucci:

Atlanta is doing MORE than great on FX. The show just got 16 Emmy nominations, more than any other comedy series and damn near EVERYBODY who Donald put on has parlayed the show’s success to some type of producing or development deal with the network.

Starz cancelled Survivor’s Remorse. The BLACKEST and most intelligent show they’ve ever had.

Showtime hasn’t had a black led show worth a damn before The Chi premiered. Which was no doubt helped by the success of Atlanta and Insecure before it.

HBO already had a black male led show called Brothers In Atlanta that they cancelled before the pilot even premiered. Steve Mcqueen had a black led show that he filmed a pilot for and HBO also cancelled it. HBO don’t give a fukk about the black male perspective.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
You mean they’ve been feeding. :usure:

Lyft spending all of that money on placements and people still calling Uber all weekend.
:manny: I wouldn’t know, what f I go out I’m riding with folks or I’m driving myself. But I would figure the same about Windows and Get Out cause ain’t nobody checkin for no Windows phones like that and using the Bing search engine. :russ:

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
:russ:You better Keep that Same Energy when Issa does more stupid shyt this season.
tenor.gif

See you then, don’t forget to @ me

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
It says so much about our society the way people line up and chose teams, over what is clearly written as mutually flawed and imperfect people, as we all are. Instead, people line up according to gender. Regardless,

Probably my favorite show whenever it comes on, and as I spend more time in LA, I love the show even more. The writing and direction is as good as anything else on TV, a contemporary look at not only people/culture, but a city, which is a character of it's own, from the high rises of DTLA, to the neglected schools in the outer areas of Compton. In truth, the show is about people, and their strengths, and weaknesses, no different than you or I. Molly struggles to set boundaries, from a relationship, that is unhealthy, yet for a time, drowned her insecurities and fears in sex, and sweat. But, she sets the boundaries, and taking the key back is step in asserting herself.

Issa and Daniel both struggle with their insecurities and vulnerability, intimacy and friendship between former lovers tainted with the fear of being hurt, rejected, not wanted. I see the hardline some posters take on these dilemmas, and it's just bizarre to me. Daniel is entitled to sleep with who he chooses, but he has an obligation of both friendship and consideration to be respectful of Issa, just as Issa has an obligation to be clear in what she wants from their relationship, and what her intentions her. It's the endless dance of poor communication, and immaturity, real honesty and emotional maturity solves all these issues, but who doesn't know how hard that can be?They have a much tighter bond than anyone on the show, but Molly and Issa.

The real heart of the show is Issa and Molly, whose friendship and the sharply written lines that reflect it. "Just say you broke the vase" "It was broken when I got there", the music, the effort that they put into creating realism. It is essentially a flawless show, without a weak episode, or weak moment yet.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
:ohhh: Tell me more on this

Brothers In Atlanta’ Comedy Series Not Going Forward At HBO

HBO has opted not to proceed with Brothers In Atlanta, its comedy series created by and starring Diallo Riddle and Bashir Salahuddin, directed by Tim Story and produced by Lorne Michaels.

The network had been trying to get the project off the ground for several years. It originally ordered a Riddle and Salahuddin comedy pilotproduced by Michaels in 2013, with the duo playing Atlanta reporters. It didn’t go to series, but the pay cable network liked Riddle and Salahuddin and the Atlanta setting and decided to take another try with a new concept. It became Brothers In Atlanta, which went to pilot with Story directing and was picked up to series in April. The show will not go forward.

‘Brothers In Atlanta’ Comedy Series Not Going Forward At HBO

The show had Maya Rudolph and Jaden Smith co-starring. I was very much looking forward to it.

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
They kinda made Daniel look silly in that confrontation scene with Issa.
He regurgitated the line that his sister said to him, "Issa could have gone anywhere else but she went to you."
Like these dudes on the show don't have a clue.
Same with Lawrence last season when Aparna had to explain to him that his bosses didn't like his app idea.

However, its intriguing the dialogue that Issa creates for this show. She loudly creates these lines in the sand between the genders
with these storylines especially by highlighting the men (dudes letting their women carry them, toxic masculinity, etc.) but she also
equally writes the women as having shaky existences and shows the poor choices they make in life.
People dig their heels on their positions and chastise the other side without acknowledging the flaws in their favorite characters.
Props to Issa and her team on writing characters who feel real.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Issa and Lawrence were in a RELATIONSHIP years prior. She coulda dropped that nikka at any time but chose to wait until he got his shyt together to cheat.

Thats why people were doing the #teamlawrence shyt. It was lowkey brilliant of the show to put that dynamic out there. And its still a great show with what they are doing now.

The difference is that Issa is staying with Daniel FREE of charge and complaining and being passive aggressive. Lawrence was still paying his half of the bills, even while unemployed. He wasn’t getting a free ride.

When your getting a free ride you don’t complain about S H I T. Daniel coulda been having orgies and threesomes in his room and Issa shoulda had a coke and a smile and shut the fukk up.

Plus he got his little job at Best Buy and she was trying to hate on him. Meanwhile she works at that wack ass non profit and can't financially afford to do ANYTHING by herself. Who was the real bum? The person who took a little dive to pursue their dreams, failed and bounced back or the heifer with the dead credit score, BS job, going no where and fast! I think this is what makes me like Insecure, Issa takes L's like no one's business, but she's really aware her shyt is fukked up. Issa Rae, as a writer, could have easily made her character the victor in every situation, but she chooses to be a little more realistic and it's more relatable, imo.