Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In the first season Tasha mentioned that Lawrence was in a good spot financially because of his savings. I can't see him contributing less than half to the rent and utilities given that.

Everything we've seen from Issa is that she's fukked financially. She can't be getting paid that much from her job. She's putting $2 in the tank, she can't pay the $500 to get her car fixed, a $60 rent increase puts her out, she's not paying for her lunch

young3000

Most wanted baby father
Daps
Reppin
where they cross-over and clap boards
Let's say Issa's total monthly bills was $2k a month & Lawrence contributed $500/monthly. Why wouldn't her budget be tight without the extra 5 bills? She's working at a non profit & saving money to fix her car.

Y'all hate Issa so much, that you won't even consider the obvious. Most people would miss the hypothetical $500 each month.

She was struggling before her car broke down. Stop giving her so much credit

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
She was struggling before her car broke down. Stop giving her so much credit

Which is why I think she was paying most of the bills when they were together. She already has to account for the few hundred dollars that Lawrence gave her every month. She can't afford another crisis.

In the first season, doesn't she ask Lawrence for his discount card during their break:russ:

So what. I like to coupon. Why pay full price if you don't have to? Imma cheapskate when it comes to certain things.
:yeshrug:

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tasha put it best. Lawrence is a fukkboy who thinks he's a nice guy. But to his credit, he has enough self-awareness to realize that about himself and judging by the end convo with Issa it seems like he'll take steps to change that about himself.

Issa and Molly on the other hand are the queens of self-sabotage, making the same dumbass mistakes as before :snoop:

I really don't like any of the characters besides Chad and Kelli. But that's the genius of the show, keeps me engaged and entertained despite all the main characters being trainwrecks. That's reality though. The average person, no matter how educated or successful, consistently make terrible life decisions. Myself included :wow:

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You think I didn't do my research? :comeon:

I already knew that. I wish she was on Instagram. There's only a handful of pics out there.

My bad. I read "she better be black" instead of "she better be back" :dead:

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
all i gotta say is lawrence better get his caramel queen back :damn: even tho i feel she should've understood where he was coming from because he had been cheating on in his last full on relationship. The fact that he was your drunk dikk not once but a few times just cuz he is "funny and smart" is kind of bullshyt to me but thats just me :manny:.....hopefully lawrence finds a way to patch that up. Thank god that proposal shyt wasnt real cuz that would've been a L of epic proportions :whew:....oh and molly a hoe :scusthov:

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
That reconciliation in the kitchen :wow:

Lawrence talking about shutting down when he can't meet his self expectations. Sorry I couldn't be the guy I wanted to be...why is this show so real :mjcry:

I see Molly and issa still making bad decisions out here :mjgrin:.

Hopefully both of them keep progressing professionally and not running in place. Issa really needs to leave we got y'all amd get something going, maybe she can use Molly's network to get something else :yeshrug:. fukk Molly's bosses forever for that weak stunt - they are underpaying and then they will use her picture for free diversity promo on the website?! Once again shyt a lil too real :mjcry:

Kelli getting her period during the marathon :mjlol:, "I hate slavery!" During the fake tv show :mjlol:

Love the way the formatted the finale with a month for each of the main cast. Really hope they get some Emmy nods this year they deserve them. 2 years running insecure is the best show on tv :blessed:

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
Like I said previously in this thread, I'll be surprised if Lawrence is back in Season 3.

They've literally been setting his character up all season to exit the story. He literally said it in the finale - "Bye Issa"

Then they tied up a loose end by having him friend request her on FB to show they will remain friends (off screen).

This show is really about Issa and to a lesser extent Molly. It's difficult to keep Lawrence in the plot if he isn't with Issa.

Hopefully I'm wrong because I like Lawrence's homie Chad and would hate to see him not back next season.

Gee Mello

Pro
Daps
In terms of shows featuring black people, I truly hope "Insecure" becomes the bar to surpass rather than the best ever. If that makes sense. From quality lighting, Premium acting, diverse complexions of modern day black folk going through struggles that the common man/ woman can relate to. There's a bit of a renaissance of programming featuring black people currently. "Atlanta" should be returning soon, "Carmichael show" is ok for laughs...comes off as "All In The Family" - "Seinfeld-ish" in terms of the humor. "Blackish" is still hanging in there among others. Soon we can dominate Thursday and Friday nights like we did in the 90s.

Gee Mello

Pro
Daps
Like I said previously in this thread, I'll be surprised if Lawrence is back in Season 3.

They've literally been setting his character up all season to exit the story. He literally said it in the finale - "Bye Issa"

Then they tied up a loose end by having him friend request her on FB to show they will remain friends (off screen).

This show is really about Issa and to a lesser extent Molly. It's difficult to keep Lawrence in the plot if he isn't with Issa.

Hopefully I'm wrong because I like Lawrence's homie Chad and would hate to see him not back next season.

While this seems accurate, Lawrence brings the show full circle. I think the writers understand his value to this show. I think Amanda Seales' character storyline will be unpacked next season along with her husband. Lawrence will be in there somewhere, being the good guy gone bad and working on himself. He's still rough around the edges but he's on his way.