Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
Let's call it for what it is... and I don't even like using this word, but... Molly doesn't want ol boy becaue she's a hoe :yeshrug:
All that talk her and Issa had about having a 'hoe-phase'??? Sometimes it ain't a phase, sometimes you just a hoe! That doesn't mean you can't be one with standards and personal goals or whatever shyt.... that's the takeaway I'm getting on her so far.

I'm dying at this fool Lawrence literally bringing like 2 chairs and ghosting the cookout :dead: I wish he would have stayed longer though. The guest characters are always the funniest IMO and the entire premise of the cookout could've brought so many laughs :laff:

The white girl is annoying me now :francis: she's right about the Principal (who's hilarious for all the wrong reasons) but I'm not feeling how she's trying to put the onus all on Issa to "do something". That's that bullshyt. If the school is majority hispanic then thats OUR job to go out and get them to come to. Don't come at me with fingerwagging, guilt-tripping shyt :gucci:

Overall it's looking like the show is about to take a major turn into the interracial dating world which is fine... but it ain't what got me watching.

Oh yall thought I was lying? :dame:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Molly learning the hard way that perfect marriage's don't exist :francis:. Luckily she had Drew there to pick up the pieces :shaq:

Sterling K Brown going back to This Is Us like :martin:

Issa and the phone getting her in trouble at work :usure: and on the road :bryan:

Daniel might be having more feelings for Issa than he wants to let on :patrice:

Issa' brother: Why you talking about Aladdin and little girls? :mjlol:

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Molly threw the alley oop to that tall nikka and he finished with authority :wow:

its TOO easy at this point.
05-SPO-120412JS06.jpg

:russ:

Shoutout to that LOST nod, Molly's mom and brother played Rose and Walt

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Man, this episode hit home with the dad cheating. I've had my heartbroken by a lot of men, but nothing compares to the way my world was shattered when I found out about my dad's indiscretions. Completely changed my outlook and expectations of relationships :mjcry:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
That's exactly why she wanted to have a relationship like what she thought her parents had. She didn't think they had anything that would cause a rift & call for work to mend.

I'm siding with Molly cause my parents went through a rift and I took it hard cause I never expected my parents to have marital issues. Maybe that's part of the reason I can't quite get this dating shyt right :yeshrug:

*Rep pending by the way.
I just posted about my experience with parents and their marital issues...,that shyt derailed a potential marriage for me and I'm still not sure i ever want to be married. :francis:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
i wanna like Molly/Issa but i just cant. I dont even fukk with Lawrence now.
only cool characters are Daniel and Chad at this point. Daniel a simp, but he a cool, good-hearted simp
Issa is lost right now, so I give her a pass. But I'm team daniel. It's always that guy who is ready to love us if we make ourselves available, but inevitably we fukk it up most the time. :francis:

Last edited:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Issa is lost right now, so I give her a pass. But I'm team daniel. It's always that guy who is ready to love us if we make ourselves a visible, but inevitably we fukk it up most the time. :francis:
its a shame to be honest. Its a lot of Issa's and Molly's out there that search and search for the perfect dude letting the good ones pass them (if they dont already have one) either because they're missing that IT factor, or because they have one flaw the girl just cant get over. I know because I've been the dude in that situation before. And its whatever to be honest, the heart wants what it wants . It only becomes an issue when women complain that there aren't any good dudes out there after getting fukked over time and time again.

I couldnt imagine being a male version of Molly scouring the streets because she is anxious to get married, or a Lawrence...hung up on my ex girlfriend after she cheated on me, looking at her facebook and all that. I havent done that shyt since I was 19 years old :francis:. When I'm done with a chick I have that level of feelings for, we done. Period. Until I completely heal that girl wont exist to me.

Molly doesn't realize marriage takes work. Probably why she can't keep one.

basically. not to sound misogynistic because i''m sure men are similar but I see this with a lot of girls nowadays. Ones between 20-25 dont realize the amount of work and patience it takes to keep a relationship going. A few annoyances and its a wrap

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Molly overreacting like a motherfukker. She is WAY too old to be having this type of reaction.

SMH @ Issa non driving ass. When tryna thot goes wrong.
No she's not, when you're close to your father and hold your parents marriage as some ideal you want to attain, that shyt is heartbreaking.