Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Great episode. This show gets better every week and is legit funny.

I thought she was Indian, no?

He really doesn't. Issa been holding him down for a minute now.

But for my own selfish reasons, I'm gonna need him to make that mistake just to get her back on my screen...easily the baddest chick they've had on here :noah:

Code switching is real in corporate America. Glad they showed that.

1). Apparently she played Issa's best friend on Awkward Black Girl, I believe she is Indian

2). As shown in episode 3, Lawrence don't really want nobody but Issa, he just feels shut out of the relationship. The bank teller scene was a way of reaffirming his own self worth. Now that he's reconciled with Issa she should be the one encouraging him.

3).Code switching is the realist shyt that's been shown on the series so far. Also that one person who wants to "keep it real" in all settings not knowing that it makes them look like buffoon. I wouldn't even really categorize it as "code switching" because that's the cousin to c00nery. It's just professionalism and knowing who you can be "cool" around and who NOT to be "cool" around. I've seen first hand Cacs smile and act like nikkas best friends and then behind closed doors talk hella shyt about those same brothers and sisters. Deny them raises and promotions, and all types of shyt in the name of "professionalism".

???

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The indian chick from Awkward Black Girl has pretty much been an extra, she is a very funny chick especially with facial expressions, body language and sarcastic wit. The writers need to seriously make her the Kramer (Seinfeld) or Brotha man (Martin) of the show. It would really take the show up a notch.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Code switching is the realist shyt that's been shown on the series so far. Also that one person who wants to "keep it real" in all settings not knowing that it makes them look like buffoon. I wouldn't even really categorize it as "code switching" because that's the cousin to c00nery. It's just professionalism and knowing who you can be "cool" around and who NOT to be "cool" around. I've seen first hand Cacs smile and act like nikkas best friends and then behind closed doors talk hella shyt about those same brothers and sisters. Deny them raises and promotions, and all types of shyt in the name of "professionalism".

Oh of course it's that way. It was just like that on Atlanta when Van lost her job. It shows how you can be cool with your boss but when it comes down to doing things by the book they don't cut you any slack. But as soon as they cut ties with you/ off the clock they cool with you.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
oh yea, in regard the last episode, was it just me or did Issa look REALLY good with the fro?

:jbhmm:

She looks better and better each episode to me......

Great episode, I think the show is finally finding its way.

I'm loving the way this show addresses how we (black people) act or think we are supposed to act when around white people in the workplace whether its Rasheeda coming in "keeping it real" and Issa coworkers sending secret emails and not knowing how she would "react" to any criticisms.... That shyt is so real and something I can definitely relate to

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
The indian chick from Awkward Black Girl has pretty much been an extra, she is a very funny chick especially with facial expressions, body language and sarcastic wit. The writers need to seriously make her the Kramer (Seinfeld) or Brotha man (Martin) of the show. It would really take the show up a notch.

the problem is on this show, they have the black girl as issa's best friend, so there's no major role for the indian girl since it's primarily centered around issa and molly. think about it, even other cast members from ABG like baby voice darius are on in bit roles.

iFightSeagullsForBread

The Working Class Hero
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere in Chicago
Yo, why every light skin dude who go to college on a tv show corny as fukk :scust::bryan::deadmanny:

and what's up with that nikka sweater tho? Ol'

starlight-cinnamon-mints.jpg

ass nikka.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
man, I don't think this show is getting great ratings on HBO. I really hope they don't cancel it. hell, girls gets bad ratings, but it's gotten 5 or 6 seasons. but then again, issa rae isn't co-signed by judd apatow like lena dunham is with girls.

creator of the popular Awkward Black Girl series, hit a major milestone on Sunday with the debut of her new project Insecure. The first episode of the series, which aired on HBO, garnered upwards of 1 million viewers. The eight-episode comedy series chronicles two Black women, played by Rae and Yvonne Orji, as they deal with experiences surrounding their professional and personal lives. “I wanted to have two dark-skinned women as leads who were still desirable and still were to a degree—it’s called Insecure—but they still have a sense of confidence in who they are. We don’t get to see that. For me, that was an important choice,” said Rae. “I just want to force people to relate to black people. That’s kind of what I want the legacy to be. For people to look back and be like, “Oh my gosh these human black characters, I saw myself in them and I didn’t know that I could.” The series, co-created by Rae and comedian Larry Wilmore, falls under her 2-year production deal with HB

http://newsone.com/3559580/issa-rae-new-hbo-series-insecure-draws-one-million-viewers/

It's doing fine

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Just caught up on the third episode. Best episode yet. Really feels like it's finding it's way to being something unique and not just a black version of another show.