Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Cool article, but I did take issue with this:

"...and that the black man will shed himself of the black woman at the first opportunity to chase whatever skinny, melanin devoid flavor of the week is in style (Power)."

I think that's unfair to characterize Power as having furthered that stereotype. Jamie didn't fukkup his marriage at the 'first opportunity' and not with some random 'flavor of the week'. He threw his marriage away for his childhood sweetheart, the girl who got away. And he was driven that way by his wife not supporting his vision and plans...not justifying it, just saying it wasn't because he "got on".

Good article tho, I agree with the premise. I don't think Issa did anything so over the top that warrants throwing this in the bushes prematurely and not allowing her to cook for the whole season. Also, for all the negatives about black men, she also portrays black woman negatively as well. It's not like she's shown as the perfect and mature girlfriend through all this.

Sorry, but power is strictly all about leaving a black woman who was down for ypu for the lighter shade. or different race woman and some super simp mythical street nikka bullshyt.
To the point, ghost ol weak but greatest mastermind nikka in all of unbanNed American media since spook who sat by the door.
Turned mistress milk of magnesia when his black wife is the women who helped him setup big ghost.
Duke forgot that as soon as he saw the latina.
Power and empire can take their propaganda in genre and die.
I hate both shows.

The indian chick from Awkward Black Girl has pretty much been an extra, she is a very funny chick especially with facial expressions, body language and sarcastic wit. The writers need to seriously make her the Kramer (Seinfeld) or Brotha man (Martin) of the show. It would really take the show up a notch.

I miss her quirkiness and charisma.
That I hope she gets integrated somehow as an award reluctant friend to Issa later on.

Anyway Issa was really attractive in the time line Montage of her on screen relationship in he last ep.
The casting on this and Atlanta really hit home because they choose the right actor for the parts male or female.

Art Barr

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
Lotion does already come in a pump though :lupe:, no need for a lotion pump Frank.

When the Best Buy boss told Lawrence he had to work washers and dryers :to:

I thought little dude with the glasses was about to spit a hot 16 :heh:

Jidenna popping up on Luke Cage and Insecure :ehh:

Rasheeda :francis:
Lmaooo. I was so prepared for that

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Rasheeda's boisterousness indirectly showed Molly how her CaClleagues truly feels about her:mjpls:

...Issas's Broken p*ssy:laff: came back to ETHER her:pachaha:

This music on this show Go HAM:dj2:, and Jidenna in the cut lowkey:myman:

Last edited:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
She looks better and better each episode to me......

Great episode, I think the show is finally finding its way.

I'm loving the way this show addresses how we (black people) act or think we are supposed to act when around white people in the workplace whether its Rasheeda coming in "keeping it real" and Issa coworkers sending secret emails and not knowing how she would "react" to any criticisms.... That shyt is so real and something I can definitely relate to
Lawrence Other Boss telling him to do another job he didn't apply for:patrice:

...CaClleague passive-aggressively asking Molly to handle Rasheeda:usure:

Unfortunately, I can relate to both FUKKERY:martin:

Last edited:

President Sakora

Supporter
Daps
Last episode was really good. Best so far.
Glad Lawrence is taking on more responsibility :obama:

I'm glad Issa's beach plan worked out too :sas2:

That Indian woman tried to get in on Issa's success :camby:

And :snoop: at Molly saying she just wants to be just friends with Ol dude after getting into that dating site :snoop:
remember all things being equal, women date for resources.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
dope ep.....maaaaan this and atlanta be neck and neck with each other i swear. That first part where they tried to have shower sex was too real :mjlol: niccas think u just hop in the shower and go at it but naaaaah breh u gotta have u a shower mat down for one and that water temp gotta be juuuuuust right :shaq:.....molly getting played again was just great tho, hope the other smoove lawyer brutha play her ass too. Want her taking nothing but Ls for the rest of the season. Issa lil fantasy moment was too funny especially when ty $ showed up, especially when it was after ol dude went shirtless :pachaha:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Molly was on that bullshyt though. Glad to see ol girl check Molly for telling her to "switch it up" for the whites. Plus, dropping dude cause he don't have a degree like the rest of your friends? :childplease:

I kinda understand this though. I don't know if I agree with it or not, since I do have a degree and tend to be attracted to educated women but...I see if from both angles.

man, I don't think this show is getting great ratings on HBO. I really hope they don't cancel it. hell, girls gets bad ratings, but it's gotten 5 or 6 seasons. but then again, issa rae isn't co-signed by judd apatow like lena dunham is with girls.

Yeah but How to Make It in America was axed after 2 and it was pretty good. How did Girls last so long anyway?