Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Just now catching up, on episode 3. That vibrator situation is oh so real. There have been plenty of times I've hijacked batteries from remotes, flashlights, clocks, or small kitchen gadgets to get off :laugh:
At times like that often wonder why didn't I just invest in the chargeable vibrator :sadcam:
anigif_6cdc93889941c86be90b6321fd2882ae-5.gif

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I applaud him for giving black actors an avenue that they wouldn't have had otherwise, but a lot of his movies and shows are simply bad, and have a level of corn as a bunch of white shows :manny:
Plenty of people have been making bad shows, but Tyler Perry (the most consistently successful Black creator) is the one who gets the constant random criticism. :yeshrug:

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
As a person whose had several drug fueled threesomes soundtracked by The Weeknd, I'm still calling this a W for LawrenceHive. He needs to get better at directing traffic, that's all. Have them do shyt to each other or eat some p*ssy until you're back in the game:blessed:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Man, this is entertainment and fiction. You can't be compromising humor for societal messages. Only job this show should be about is entertaining us.
Agee. If this was a family sitcom, I could see "let's learn a lesson", but this shyt is geared toward people in their 20's and up, you ain't figure out how to use a condom and drinks responsibly, that's on you.

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward
Hate to say it Targset but our queen dying at the end. That talk about naming heirs after her convinced me. She either marrying jon or naming him her heir after she passes away.:to:

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward
Dany and Jon have a baby. On her death bed while giving birth, she names Jon lord protector until their child comes of age. :patrice: