Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Yeah they are underplaying the fukk outta him, Tasha and Molly (unless she's saying extra ratchet shyt with Issa)

Issa's non-Molly friends are boring as fukk and literally just different sizes of each other.

Issa's character is kinda meh to me unless she's spazzing out in a flashblack. And she gotta stop this rapping shyt. It was cute when she did the p*ssy song and the kids flipped it into their own thing but it's played out now.

this is just something that carried over from ABG series. she ain't supposed to be good to be honest.

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
Yup, you did. Tiffany's dude been looking feminine since we met him. But you know how testy people are. To state the obvious would be the equivalent of having an ignorant, view of what a man is and upholding toxic masculinity or whatever the cliche phrase that tumblr kids are saying these days.

Sis, let's call a thing a thing. We know what it is but we could be wrong. But I knew they were fronting. No couple is that perfect

I wish kelly would have more lines. She's dope and quite attractive. She pretty

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
this is just something that carried over from ABG series. she ain't supposed to be good to be honest.
I understand this after it was explained to me. But wtf is good wit the people in the club actin like her shyt was fire then? It's not consistent. This is an issue I had when this show first came out being that I never saw Awkward Black Girl.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Whether she's taken serious or not, the rapping is played out. She's doing this shyt in every episode and it just doesn't work even if she's trying to do it in private. The formula is just wack to me because she's not trying to be "awkward" with the rapping. She's talking mad shyt and none of it adds up based on her actions. Just like the flashbacks aren't a reflection of things she's doing but there's a dose of reality in it.

Like she kept peeping Tasha's IG page little by little and mustered up the "courage" to "confront" her but wound up getting shook when she walked by.

That's more "awkward" than anything but the awkward shyt kinda flies out the window when she's rapping about p*ssy and cheating on her man. Molly comes off more awkward especially when she asked her boss about the lobster rolls and he was like :dame:
shyt that was the average person, talking nonstop about how strong they are and all the shyt they gone do but when the time comes they punk out.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Yeah Lawrence disappointed me this ep, snitching on himself and not really ready to move on? Get the new place man, if anything Issa will sweat you even harder. It's a fukkin' upgrade from The Dunes.
I hate people who HAVE TO be with someone. He should keep Tasha as his rebound and play the field even harder! He is no good for anyone right now, recognize that shyt and do you. Time heals all wounds, he'll be ready to wife another chic before he looks up.
And Tasha you should have let that niqqa walk home and think some more you fukked up offering him some of your dinner. Yer stunting his progress and yours.
Team Lawrence we got that early W this season but we lookin like we heading for a 1-15 record this year :sadcam:

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Tasha going to get a serious case of... "It's not you, it's me" from Lawrence by the end of this season.

People be thinking that's a bullshyt thing to say to someone, but sometimes that shyt is real. If a person's heart isn't there, it don't matter how good you are to them, don't matter how good the head is... if they don't see you as, "The One" it's only a matter time before they get away.

:mjcry:

Best advice is to never get with somebody who recently got out of a serious relationship. It's a set up.

:francis:
Tasha is too sexually and emotionally invested in Lawrence to see things for what they are.

From the outside looking in its obvious but she's clearly too pressed to think rationally.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Issa is playing herself by attempting a hoe phase. Plus right as Lawrence dumb ass is catching feelings for her again she does this which will fukk his perception of her lol.

Idk how people get caught up like this but it's entertaining.

Strapped

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Is issa on twitter or the gram, can someone tell her yvette carnel wants a sitdown