Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I agree with you here. That interaction where she took the kid gloves off lead to a bad point in their relationship. Notice, in most of their interactions this season, she has the kid gloves on when confronting Issa with the hard truth which is why they all hid it from her. I agree about the part being easy to find someone but she had it up before they finished the sentence. The writer also shows Issa's trouble confronting the truth with her dealings with the racist Vice Principal. Once more, Issa has the chance to do the right thing but doesn't because she wants the program to succeed for her personal gain. This too, will come back to haunt her later on in the season. I will say one observation that I did notice is that the ONE person in the show who has always been honest since the first season has his stuff together (Lawrence's cousin).
Molly ain't that good when it comes to dudes but she's a GREAT friend to Issa and honestly Issa doesn't deserve her as a friend either. Shorty was mad at Issa and still tried to cover for her when she was in a bad spot. Issa doesn't even bring shyt to the table in that friendship imo.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Not everyone is cut out for this 'hoe phase' shyt... some ppl catch feelings way too easy & look for something more rather than just to fukk... Issa is clearly not the type. Not saying it's anything wrong but she just can't turn off her emotions.
smh at that text in the end tho by Issa ... playin the game wrong this isn't it

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
Idk why but Tasha face was lacking man she ain't look that fine this episode.:patrice:

Yeeeah... :francis:

...she's got a mild case of old-face going on this season. Looking like she's been living a little harder than usual. Body's flames though. Lawrence had better hope she's a regular at the gym in a place like LA.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Yeah Lawrence disappointed me this ep, snitching on himself and not really ready to move on? Get the new place man, if anything Issa will sweat you even harder. It's a fukkin' upgrade from The Dunes.
I hate people who HAVE TO be with someone. He should keep Tasha as his rebound and play the field even harder! He is no good for anyone right now, recognize that shyt and do you. Time heals all wounds, he'll be ready to wife another chic before he looks up.
And Tasha you should have let that niqqa walk home and think some more you fukked up offering him some of your dinner. Yer stunting his progress and yours.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
'Insecure' Offers a Refreshingly Nuanced Take on Singleness
Review: ‘Insecure’ remains ‘hella’ funny and topical in Season 2
‘Insecure’: 2nd season gains strength
'Insecure' Is Just as Witty and Self-Aware in Season 2

I could keep going:yeshrug:

Oh, as far as the ratings go:

Insecure Finally Got the Ratings Boost It Deserved

That was just a two minute google search. But I get it, you were sure you'd get tons of daps with that narrative and the multiple :mjpls: would surely get the coli on your side:krs:
i'm sure those are just live viewing numbers, is there anything that calculates total viewers (outside of illegal streams of course). it's crazy GOT only does 9M sunday night (is that just the eastern time viewing?), at first i was :lupe: seeing insecure at 1M, but after those GOT numbers, that seems really good. anyway, this show feels so much bigger than that, but of course my circle/being black amplifies it.

Daps
Not everyone is cut out for this 'hoe phase' shyt... some ppl catch feelings way too easy & look for something more rather than just to fukk... Issa is clearly not the type. Not saying it's anything wrong but she just can't turn off her emotions.

Yeah, plus to me its more so about Issa's character trait of being the victim even when she is in the wrong ... like I really wanna feel for her because she is definitely remorseful, but she is so caught up in "feeling bad" about what she did that she made her out to be the victim in the whole situation because Lawrence "moved on" ... so that move came off like "well if i'm gonna be the bad guy might as well go all out" :snoop: which never ends well imo, especially since she's been so emotional about every decision she makes

Thats part of Issa's arc I wanna see is her growing to reconcile with her own flaws, a lot of her actions directly contradicts the things she say, even from little things like "i'm not gonna be petty and look at Tasha's social" to doing just that (understandable) to the whole ordeal with the principle at the school. Even liberal white girl who tries so hard to be down with Issa is looking at her with the sideeye over the whole Mexican comments, I think a big part of her growth is to acknowledge her insecurities and owning up to her actions

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
I don't think the audience takes her serious. The funny part is that she sometimes thinks she can flow but we know she can't. Kinda like IceJFish.

Whether she's taken serious or not, the rapping is played out. She's doing this shyt in every episode and it just doesn't work even if she's trying to do it in private. The formula is just wack to me because she's not trying to be "awkward" with the rapping. She's talking mad shyt and none of it adds up based on her actions. Just like the flashbacks aren't a reflection of things she's doing but there's a dose of reality in it.

Like she kept peeping Tasha's IG page little by little and mustered up the "courage" to "confront" her but wound up getting shook when she walked by.

That's more "awkward" than anything but the awkward shyt kinda flies out the window when she's rapping about p*ssy and cheating on her man. Molly comes off more awkward especially when she asked her boss about the lobster rolls and he was like :dame:

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
I agree with you here. That interaction where she took the kid gloves off lead to a bad point in their relationship. Notice, in most of their interactions this season, she has the kid gloves on when confronting Issa with the hard truth which is why they all hid it from her. I agree about the part being easy to find someone but she had it up before they finished the sentence. The writer also shows Issa's trouble confronting the truth with her dealings with the racist Vice Principal. Once more, Issa has the chance to do the right thing but doesn't because she wants the program to succeed for her personal gain. This too, will come back to haunt her later on in the season. I will say one observation that I did notice is that the ONE person in the show who has always been honest since the first season has his stuff together (Lawrence's cousin).

I noticed that too. Dude knows ain't shat and will be honest about his ain't shat ways. He's the only person that is being true to himself.

@LovelyOne83 @BlackPearl The Empress i told y'all Tiffany had skeletons.

Yup, you did. Tiffany's dude been looking feminine since we met him. But you know how testy people are. To state the obvious would be the equivalent of having an ignorant, view of what a man is and upholding toxic masculinity or whatever the cliche phrase that tumblr kids are saying these days.

Last edited:

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Just went through what Lawrence is going through this past year.

It wont end well for Tasha, but fukk it, sacrifices must be made :demonic:

He might as well hit the realtor while he at it :demonic:

But he definitely can't go back to Issa, dynamic wont be the same, will always side eye her.

she's gonna be collateral damage. plus she knew that he was just in a long relationship prior to fukking with him. so that's on her.

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Amanda Diva looks unbiasedly better than all of them. And it ain't cause she's light skin. She just looks better. Tasha last season was the only one competing.

I don't agree. amanda seales looks decent, but she's not the baddest chick on the show. probably molly is.

ol girl playing the realtor on the last episode looks better than them all tho :cape:

but she's not a main or recurring character.