Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
This episode was cool

I feel bad for Tasha. I'll keep it 100 and say majoroty of us, men and women have been in her situation. shyt happens.

I told y'all the bougie girl had issues with her man

Lawrence, Molly and Issa are trying to be something and it's not working.

Milky is trying to do whatever it takes at her job. Like really, a hockey game? I get it but you seen how he played her at the break room?

Lawrence ouchea doing his thing but his conscience is killing him which is why he told Tasha the truth

Issa wanna be a ho but it's not in her. She did some hoshyt but she's going to be a hoe because of a breakup. Good luck

i think that slave tv show is Underground shade. Regina is hilarious

Last edited:

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
insecure-we-got-yall-t-shirt_500.jpg

I'll be buying 1 next payday

Link?

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
"She looks like she's working at the pyramid tonight"

"Call me Alannis cuz there's something you oughta know, fukk going high, we going low"

The Obama care line and that juice sip (my friend's cousin, when we were like 12 told us you can NEVER look cool using a straw)

"I tweeted Ava...."

"He lived in a hotel half of last.....we good now"

Too many quotes, writing is really incredible. So are the transition shots.

Lot of complex emotional situations to unpack, from Issa's dilemma with the principal, to Molly's aspirations at work, to Lawrence and Tasha's continued relationship. Many will take Issa's text at the end as "hoe phase", but what that is highlighting is how we all use sex and intimacy as a coping mechanism for being hurt, alone. She's hurting over Lawerence and this is quick relief, but like getting high, you will be lower when it's done. I've done it recently, and without a lot of self awareness, it gets really emotionally messy and confusing, but people never address their behavior they just repeat the mistakes, and hide from feelings. Molly is learning that in therapy.