Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
Would love to hear your assessment of Issa. Those mistakes you pointed out in Tasha, make Issa look even worse. I think she's the basic one :jbhmm:

I'm not #TeamIssa either. I'm just highly annoyed by the halo that has been placed on Lawrence's head when he was emotionally draining...among other things.

yeah, you are.
you hurt,...fa real hurt.

art barr

You're an idiot.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Word.

Brehs in here celebrating Lawrence prepping for a hoe phase. It isn't by choice, though. Big difference. :francis:

men don't have a ho phase cause we not exchanging our virtue to have sex.

men, don't exchange or sell our virtue sexually in general if we are healthy males.
the word ho has been used as such a striking blow verbally.
it lost all its meaning somewhere when nikkaz 4 life dropped.

a ho phase is literally someone selling their virtue doing extras or golddiggin for a price list.
or trying to prey on the reverse sexist laws and project eic mindstate.

lawrence is just a single guy with a roster.
a woman who likes her roster for their sexual prowess and is responsible and not producing children out of wedlock.
to prey on the system is not being a ho.
those actions are not being a ho.

lawrence is in no harm no foul arena. he verbally has not committed to tasha and he now has a roster because he was knocked on the ropes.
by someone who acted like they were down for him.
yet, judging him on financial bullshyt.
when, duke just happened to fail.

issa is a shyt show punk bih like will smith wife played by thandy newton in pursuit of happiness.

quick to leave after the venture fails and not be supportive regardless.
that she even down graded and played lawrence out.
the same lawrence, who got a degree and was a gifted enough.
to be a programmer who made a venture to create his own company in programming.

issa was cool till the prospect of that failed..now she talembout she bored. or bored being the female buzzword for broke.

word to katie got bandz for giving the real definition on the word boring as code.

@ the .27 mark

issa is a typical college chick who does not understand virtue and wants to create a roster.
yet is not woman enough to really get some game and go do what she really wants.
which is why she is insecure.
plus has these incidents in the mirror where she has schzio issues to showcase that.
she used lawrence in college to attain value.
so she would not get that misnamed ho mark.
that girls who are figuring it and have a few multiple suitors out of committals.
get in their late teens to twenties get. just because she had a few suitors in the whole word ho being misused and gon awry.

now, after college is over and lawrence failed.
issa is on some other shyt and looking to back track to an old flame from high school.
who not even a real underground dope rapper in cali of all places.

issa is on bullshyt, to the utmost power.
plus, is factually a cheat, as well.

art barr

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I'm not #TeamIssa either. I'm just highly annoyed by the halo that has been placed on Lawrence's head when he was emotionally draining...among other things.

You're an idiot.

@LovelyOne83

how is lawrence emotionally draining.
he did nuffin but have a failed venture and punk mark ass bih issa.

bih = spiteful woman, and issa created spite out of lawrence's failure.

that issa emotionally checked out on duke during committals and cheat via actual sexual intercourse with a complete lack of committal type too.

lawrence was loyal to ol girl.
till he found out he was getting played by his female.
lording where he lay his head at night over him.

on some boi,..yousa boring bih nikka boi.
imma do what i want because you broke type demo.

you just emo about the shyt because we see the perspective of issa as the focus of the show
to try to deflect from her narcissism on how evil a cheater type chick she is.
when issa a fukk'n scourge.
you even mad at tash and she just trying to see if lawrence is a suitable suitor for committals while being on the rebound. plus, down for the nikka, he can lay his head there if he like.
While he not in committals with tasha.

so please tell us in your idiocy how you don't see any of that shyt.
yet you don't have no game, and you damaged as fukk.

please i wanna see this rant that says i am an idiot in this relationship shyt.

i know this shyt all to well, and you don't know a nikka like me at all....
plus, a nikka like me would roster noncomiittal spot.
any broad talking that damaged bullshyt spewed by you.

art barr

let's play cause i already made the editor of essence i know fall back on this black male female dialectic shyt.
with just the facts,...we can easily do this and i give you that table.

so what's the deal....

you ain't got shyt out this game..i got everything out this game.
except a marriage and i got shyt nikkaz don't get in marriage.
when, i ain't never been engaged or in committals consistently with women like that.
plus, got what nikkaz don't get because i was truthful enough.
to tell said women i had to many women and could not schedule her nowhere, and got the spoils..
plus, i don't and never cheated on any committal based relationship, as well.
so you can't even deflect,.. like i am so lame dog no game messy ass nikka, either.

so please miss me with all that idiot bullshyt.
plus, your damaged bullshyt easily shown by the bolded in your quoted post as well.

Last edited:

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
@Art Barr

You're the type to talk in circles, full of fillers and minimal points (if any), to appear that you've won an argument due to the length of your response, rather than the actual content. Ehhh, I'll pass.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
@Art Barr

You're the type to talk in circles, full of fillers and minimal points (if any), to appear that you've won an argument due to the length of your response, rather than the actual content. Ehhh, I'll pass.

no, you just scared to read but know..
I am the truth, there staring back at you.

i will take this concede'd L, you gave yourself and mark another w in my undefeated column tho.

if you say some shyt else, after being asked to be mature and discuss shyt with facts like adults.
imma show you how well i draw on here being ignorant, tho.

try me.

all cause i already made the editor essence back down with that bullshyt you talembout on these subjects after she typing in #fightme.

you not on no level in this shyt and you damaged as fukk.

words like clingy, emotional draining,...

those are words cheater enabled and narcissistic based and damaged people use.

art barr

Last edited:

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
Strike #1 - She's asking when they can have another f0ck session and she hadn't even been in a date with Lawrence yet.

Strike #2 - She clearly tried to sneak in a weekday meet up (Thursday) and Lawrence was like, "Naw, you still the weekend f0ck". She accepts her role and promptly settles for the regular Fri-Sun screw session. There is literally nothing that she will say "no" to. She has no boundaries. She is a bobble head.

Strike #3: She really isn't as attentive as y'all make her out to be. If she was, she would've noticed how his mood changed when he mentioned his roommates fiancé.

Possibly Strike #4: On the date, Lawrence asked her if she wanted to go dutch on some shrimp & she said that she was scared to order it. How is she scared to eat in from of a man that she frequently gets back shots from? And is she really having all that sex to still have to go dutch on their first date??? Lawrence can't even find a f0ck to pretend to give.

These things illustrate a habitual lack of judgment on Tasha's part. She has sex too fast with a man that she KNOWS just got out of a long term relationship. She has no standards or boundaries. She shows mad signs of desperation, so I am not "off base" in my assessment.

The Coli talks about women making bad decisions all day, and you can't see this basic $hit from a mile away? Tasha is being played.

Nothing good will come from this.

She's a placeholder. To be fair, I think for most men like because she's cute and they live vicariously through Lawrence so they want him to "win" and having Tasha even if it's sex is a "win"

We all know that tasha or a situation involving her will not end well for Lawerence.

You are right about Tasha wanting "outside time" with Lawrence and he told her nah and she looked sad about it. She was giddy eyed when he reluctantly took her out

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
She's a placeholder. To be fair, I think for most men like because she's cute and they live vicariously through Lawrence so they want him to "win" and having Tasha even if it's sex is a "win"

We all know that tasha or a situation involving her will not end well for Lawerence.

You are right about Tasha wanting "outside time" with Lawrence and he told her nah and she looked sad about it. She was giddy eyed when he reluctantly took her out

Yup. It's crazy how the Hive sees this as a win for Lawrence but completely disregards this girl's feelings. So much so, that they lie to themselves by stating that she only wants sex. Nah girl, you know...
:stopitslime: They tried it.

Tasha is a great case study of what not to do (or allow) with a man. She needs to work on herself too.

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
Yup. It's crazy how the Hive sees this as a win for Lawrence but completely disregards this girl's feelings. So much so, that they lie to themselves by stating that she only wants sex. Nah girl, you know...
:stopitslime: They tried it.

Tasha is a great case study of what not to do (or allow) with a man. She needs to work on herself too.

Wait, the hive said Tasha is content as the placeholder and for causal sex?

it's called insecure for a reason
Everyone on the show has issues
Even the bougie AkA Tiffany
And I think she has skeletons in her relationship.

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
Wait, the hive said Tasha is content as the placeholder and for causal sex?

it's called insecure for a reason
Everyone on the show has issues
Even the bougie AkA Tiffany
And I think she has skeletons in her relationship.

Yes. LOL. It's either (1) we don't know the terms of their "relationship" or (2) Tasha never said she wanted a relationship or (3) Tasha is a grown woman that is comfortable with sex. Then they tell us to "grow up".

Tiffany is probably one step away from pegging her man. He has a stacked 401K though. Hahaha

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
Yes. LOL. It's either (1) we don't know the terms of their "relationship" or (2) Tasha never said she wanted a relationship or (3) Tasha is a grown woman that is comfortable with sex. Then they tell us to "grow up".

Tiffany is probably one step away from pegging her man. He has a stacked 401K though. Hahaha

Alas! You caught what I was alluding to. It's possible her husband is also smashing Issa brother.

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery

anybody statin that is either foolin themselves or inexperienced with jumpin into diff relationships while single (or married in some cases)

Tasha is a Now and Later (fukk with her for now...keep her around for later just in case)...Lawrence NEVER wanted to go there with shorty
but since Issa played him the FIRST thing a nikka will do is take the closest opportunity available and Tasha was it....some of the key signs that Lawrence don't want shyt to do with her other than the p*ssy?...check how he brought up her sayin "Zaddy"...thats a serious character flaw on Tasha that already lets Lawrence know she ain't the one...If we (men) bring up or joke with women about a flaw like that early in the "relationship" trust it urks us and is possibly a pet peeve (if she keeps sayin it...he will flip on her!)....another sign was him bringin up that he hates movin...not sayin he wanted Tasha to welcome him into her house with open arms but she could have offered a night or two till he found his new spot....and trust...Tasha IS NOT in this just for the sex...shorty is feelin Lawrence and wants to be wifed!!.....look how disappointed she was when he brushed off her Thursday invite for Friday...when she said "maybe i'll be here" shorty was tryin to subtly let him know she was pissed but at the same time not tryin to show she was fienin....

matter of fact Tasha been sizin up Lawrence as hubby material since season one when she saw how head strong he was...educated black man with determination but was just goin through a minor setback....her p*ssy BEEN wet...

i got my stories of jumpin from chick to chick when u can't be with who u really want...and one lesson i would tell Lawrence is to be up front and let Tasha know she ain't makin it to the goal line....but we can have as many first downs as possible...:shaq: