Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Free-Palestine

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I want my people to secede from Nigeria so I somewhat support IPOB.

Nnamdi Kanu is a Jew and was given refuge by Israel after he jumped bail so I would think that he's very pro-Israel.

A lot of Arabs are racist (so are a lot of Jews) so I don't understand why so many black people are so invested in this conflict.

I will say this preemptively (for those who will say that they're speaking up out of moral concern). When I say racist, I mean really racist. There are black men and women being enslaved, tortured and raped in some of these Arab countries. In 2023.
I've met some really nice Palestinians but some really racist ones too (despite knowing that the world is watching them). A lot of black women are seen as the lowest of the low in these countries and if I wasn't from a Western country, I would have probably gone through hell over there.

If you support IPOB why are you complaining about terrorism?

Hijo de luna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
This is a really good explanation of the history behind the conflict. I've changed my stance slightly. This shyt really isn't our business. America needs to pull a Brittain and back slide quietly. But that won't happen because Isreal wouldn't make it in that region without America's support. It's a sad situation, but not as sad as Sudan.

Last edited:

Anwulika

All Star
Daps
You trying to tell me about what I do and don't speak on? :skip:

Insinuating that I avoid speaking on certain issues? :skip:
That aside, yeah. I agree with what you are saying. A focused effort on black issues by black people would be great. Now start to identify, categorize and prioritize them. In the meantime, call out all the other bullshyt because otherwise you are seen as a passive observer of tragedy and that never works out great for those already under the boot.

:skip:

You misunderstood me. Let me rephrase; there are many injustices happening in this world that you couldn't possibly speak on (there's simply just too many) so you have to choose your battles wisely.

You don't need to wait for someone else to champion a black cause and gain momentum in order to support one. You can do that yourself (preferably one that is closer to home).

My husband and I are starting ours from our village. Our hope is that if we provide enough CCTV cameras, the right security personnel, training plus proper planning, we can make our village safe. We hope that this will help more businesses to thrive, attract investors and help to curb corruption.

We're also thinking of ways to provide a consistent supply of power to our village (one that doesn't depend on the Nigerian government). Feel free to add ideas if you have any.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
You misunderstood me. Let me rephrase; there are many injustices happening in this world that you couldn't possibly speak on (there's simply just too many) so you have to choose your battles wisely.

You don't need to wait for someone else to champion a black cause and gain momentum in order to support one. You can do that yourself (preferably one that is closer to home).

My husband and I are starting ours from our village. Our hope is that if we provide enough CCTV cameras, the right security personnel, training plus proper planning, we can make our village safe. We hope that this will help more businesses to thrive, attract investors and help to curb corruption.

We're also thinking of ways to provide a consistent supply of power to our village (one that doesn't depend on the Nigerian government). Feel free to add ideas if you have any.

You are coming from an entirely different world than I live in, so let me step back. I applaud your very direct actions in your community. I don't know where you live so feel free to tell. I am on a geo-political tip with a focus on the US because I live in the US. I make an effort to learn more about the world I live in. Like you said before; there is a lot of shyt going on and there is only so much that one person can digest, filter and act upon. Please don't take my silence on an issue as malice.