Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Done

Steelo14

Pro
Daps
Ugandans just like many other African ethnic groups don’t even identify with other ethnic groups within their own country other let alone black people in the diaspora thousands of miles away. That’s why they’re still killing each other. Black Americans shouldn’t care about Uganda anymore than we should care about the Ukraine. We should care from a humanistic standpoint of course but the idea that we should form some global identity with other people just because we share the same skin color is a fallacy.

I don’t see the Palestinians as allies and we don’t need their support. I don’t care if Palestinians “support” black American issues, we’re still going to call Israel out for their bullshyt. Like I said earlier, being anti-Israel doesn’t equate to being pro-Palestine.

Come on bruh, the United States government does not give a shyt about the Congo and we are not funding Muslim extremist groups in the DRC :comeon:

Muslim terrorist groups are funded by other Africans. Africa doesn’t have a white supremacy problem, they have a tribalism and corruption problem.

There's a lot of misinformation and misgivings to unpack here. Ethnic tension exists even in what you consider homogenous societies---its human nature that cannot be solely ascribed to a Black characteristics.

Africans do and should care about their Diaspora because whether you like it or not, our fates are intertwined. One can't rise up without the other--this has been historically true for every diaspora from the Irish, Italians to the Arabs, Japanese etc.

Its strange to find issue with the idea of Black unity even if its based on skin color. Why is that a problem? Why is it ok for Whites to unite and dominate the world but bad if Black people do it? Just strange.

Democratic Republic of Congo has the world largest reserve of Coltan crucial for cellphones, chip manufacturing etc. As well as countless other strategic minerals. US involvement there dates back to the days of King Leopold of Belgium when it was a major source of rubber for the automobile industry in the United States.

Ronald Regan had the CIA draw up a plan on how to better maintain control over the whole country/region. The US has been funding this destabilization for decades.

Why are you so adamant about denying the role of Wh*te supremacy here? US,EU-Gulf countries all sponsor terrorism on the African continent. The idea that African countries are so wealthy that they can afford to sponsor terror groups or any idealistic militias is laughable.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
These so many things wrong with this stance.

Firstly, calling out Israel for committing a barbaric genocide and practicing white supremacy does not equate to supporting or advocating for palastine.

Secondly, Ugandans in the RDC wouldn’t advocate for black American causes any more than the Palestinians would (either though the Palestinians have advocated for black people because they recognize it’s the same white supremacist ideology and principles that they’re facing on their side of the globe)

Third, the glaring difference is that the Palestinians are being slaughtered by an foreign force that is being funded by our taxpayer dollars so this conflict is relevant to us as Americans. Meanwhile, I’m not aware of what’s going on in Uganda but it appears to be Ugandans killing Ugandans. It’s not like m23 is being funded with taxpayer dollars like Israel is.

Have you been to uganda? don't talk slick about my second country :ufdup:

Palestinians can travel visa free to Uganda

that guy

Superstar
Daps
There's a lot of misinformation and misgivings to unpack here. Ethnic tension exists even in what you consider homogenous societies---its human nature that cannot be solely ascribed to a Black characteristics.

Africans do and should care about their Diaspora because whether you like it or not, our fates are intertwined. One can't rise up without the other--this has been historically true for every diaspora from the Irish, Italians to the Arabs, Japanese etc.

Its strange to find issue with the idea of Black unity even if its based on skin color. Why is that a problem? Why is it ok for Whites to unite and dominate the world but bad if Black people do it? Just strange.

Democratic Republic of Congo has the world largest reserve of Coltan crucial for cellphones, chip manufacturing etc. As well as countless other strategic minerals. US involvement there dates back to the days of King Leopold of Belgium when it was a major source of rubber for the automobile industry in the United States.

Ronald Regan had the CIA draw up a plan on how to better maintain control over the whole country/region. The US has been funding this destabilization for decades.

Why are you so adamant about denying the role of Wh*te supremacy here? US,EU-Gulf countries all sponsor terrorism on the African continent. The idea that African countries are so wealthy that they can afford to sponsor terror groups or any idealistic militias is laughable.
Your first paragraph has nothing to do with any point I made so idk where you got that nonsense from. Please don’t resort to false narratives that I didn’t make for daps.

There is no issue with black unity, the problem is it’s simply not real and it doesn’t exist. As I stated earlier, Africans don’t even see each other as the same people, nor should they because each African nation has a plethora of different ethnic groups. The idea that black people globally should unite just because we look like one another one a surface level is a white supremacist ideal in itself. We are not a monolithic people. White people are a small fraction of the human population and therefore unite under white supremacy solely for genetic survival and also to prevent their own annihilation from constant infighting. Black people don’t have that problem.

Once again, the United States is not arming Ugandan soliders in the Congo. Here are a couple of sources:

If you have a source that says otherwise please feel free to post it

Nobody is denying the role of white supremacy in Africa. When you’re presented with facts you can’t resort to straw man arguments. The fact is Africas problems are internal, not external.

Implying that black Americans in the diaspora should form some global identity with Africans who don’t even identify with their neighboring ethnic groups just sounds cool for daps.

Steelo14

Pro
Daps
Your first paragraph has nothing to do with any point I made so idk where you got that nonsense from. Please don’t resort to false narratives that I didn’t make for daps.

There is no issue with black unity, the problem is it’s simply not real and it doesn’t exist. As I stated earlier, Africans don’t even see each other as the same people, nor should they because each African nation has a plethora of different ethnic groups. The idea that black people globally should unite just because we look like one another one a surface level is a white supremacist ideal in itself. We are not a monolithic people. White people are a small fraction of the human population and therefore unite under white supremacy solely for genetic survival and also to prevent their own annihilation from constant infighting. Black people don’t have that problem.

Once again, the United States is not arming Ugandan soliders in the Congo. Here are a couple of sources:

If you have a source that says otherwise please feel free to post it

Nobody is denying the role of white supremacy in Africa. When you’re presented with facts you can’t resort to straw man arguments. The fact is Africas problems are internal, not external.

Implying that black Americans in the diaspora should form some global identity with Africans who don’t even identify with their neighboring ethnic groups just sounds cool for daps.
No Ethnic group is monolithic. I don't see the point of bringing that up.

I notice the core of your argument is Black people should never unite, no matter what. Its bad for us to do so. Other groups are actively doing so and redesigning a New World Order. Black People should just isolate and suffer another century from decisions made without their active participation. White supremacy is good for White people because of their minority status(Patently false when they started dominating the world when their number was huge and birth rate was increasing) but no matter what Black people should never even consider it.

You claimed the US has no interest in Congo and now I see you made no mention of that. The idea of unity across the diapora has been championed by Black Americans---in fact, it is thanks to the hardwork and diligence of a Black American pastor that the atrocities of King Leopold in the Congo was exposed to the world.

You're a saboteur. People like you use concern-trolling to infiltrate Black groups and destroy any attempt at unity. You've existed across history and on the continent as well.