Israel–Hamas War: 10/7/2023 - Present

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
And now the news is corrupt. Long lost is respectable and honest journalism. And it aint a left or right thing with the stations covering this genocide, they all got blood on their hands. Propaganda in real time. Its like they pretend we arent watching social media or live streams or something. They just go on with their bull shyt lies and its so blatant.

It truly makes me wonder about past history, even recently. Seeing these bytch mafukkas on every station just sit up there and lie. Seeing the president lie about multiple shyt. Like damn what else yall been lying about?

It’s frustrating, cause my parents are in their mid 70s. They arent on social media, at all. So the only thing they see is the Israel bias on the news. So having a honest discussion with them about whats going on is near impossible because thats all they see. They dont get the option to see the Palestine side, because its never shown on the news. Thats not my parents fault, that falls on the news channels being biased. Theyre supposed to give the info to spread awareness to the public about whats going on.

CNN, Fox, MSN, ABC, they have all failed America

Here's the thing. Social media ain't THAT much better. It's just not filtered. But there's plenty of fukked up unverified stories out there. The whole "beheaded babies" thing was proliferated by social media. For as much as media has an agenda, I think its folly to think that people on social media don't as well. Especially on X. You just gotta cross-reference your shyt. Just because MSNBC is lazy doesn't mean you have to be.

But I get that people want to hate "the media" but also understand that they have processes to get access and verify information. They can't just waltz into Palestine and get interviews (mostly because Israel won't let them). Now I get that they SHOULD report that. But some of it isn't that simple. Not to mention, when so much information gets shared on X and Facebook and what not, and it's nearly impossible to verify. Being a journalist in war time is some of the most difficult shyt. Especially when one side is working hand in hand with your government specifically to spin the sentiment. The fog of war will never be lifted here. But I've personally seen journalists press IDF officials, question their talking points and bring up the legality of their tactics. But because they aren't screaming on TikTok people think that they aren't "doing their jobs."

What I WILL criticize them for is being lazy. That woman that got stabbed in Detroit is a perfect example. They tried everything in their power to make that fit the wartime narrative, but it didn't. Even after investigators told them FROM DAY ONE they had no evidence of Anti-Semitism. It's trying to take a lazy angle. Meanwhile, that old dude who stabbed that woman and her kid were a blip. It's not so much "lies" as it is laziness.

Best advice I can give? Stop watching the networks. Go DIRECTLY to the Wire services like AP and Reuters or specifically world politics outlets like Politico.

"Don't trust your lying eyes".

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
What I WILL criticize them for is being lazy. That woman that got stabbed in Detroit is a perfect example. They tried everything in their power to make that fit the wartime narrative, but it didn't. Even after investigators told them FROM DAY ONE they had no evidence of Anti-Semitism. It's trying to take a lazy angle. Meanwhile, that old dude who stabbed that woman and her kid were a blip. It's not so much "lies" as it is laziness.
What you call lazy, I'm calling an agenda. That old cracker was explicit and the media chose to let it slide down the timeline.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
What you call lazy, I'm calling an agenda. That old cracker was explicit and the media chose to let it slide down the timeline.

As one who's been in major newsrooms nationally, there's rarely some "agenda".

What happens is writers, producers and reporters trying to tie together threads to see how things fit into national conversations. Sometimes doing that makes people ignore shyt and stay in their modes. National media is in war report mode, so they are looking to tie nearly everything into that. Which makes it lazy.

All news desks have slants, some are more liberal, some are more conservative etc. But that idea that the editor or station manager comes down from on high and says "NO PALESTINIAN STORIES".

That doesn't really happen. That's shyt from TV/Movies.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Here's the thing. Social media ain't THAT much better. It's just not filtered. But there's plenty of fukked up unverified stories out there. The whole "beheaded babies" thing was proliferated by social media. For as much as media has an agenda, I think its folly to think that people on social media don't as well. Especially on X. You just gotta cross-reference your shyt. Just because MSNBC is lazy doesn't mean you have to be.

But I get that people want to hate "the media" but also understand that they have processes to get access and verify information. They can't just waltz into Palestine and get interviews (mostly because Israel won't let them). Now I get that they SHOULD report that. But some of it isn't that simple. Not to mention, when so much information gets shared on X and Facebook and what not, and it's nearly impossible to verify. Being a journalist in war time is some of the most difficult shyt. Especially when one side is working hand in hand with your government specifically to spin the sentiment. The fog of war will never be lifted here. But I've personally seen journalists press IDF officials, question their talking points and bring up the legality of their tactics. But because they aren't screaming on TikTok people think that they aren't "doing their jobs."

Best advice I can give? Stop watching the networks. Go DIRECTLY to the Wire services like AP and Reuters or specifically world politics outlets like Politico.

"Don't trust your lying eyes".

Yup it’s not like cnn etc had a bureau office in Gaza. It’s impossible to get in. The reporters there were there before.

And news will always have a side. During the Iraq and Afghanistan war were people sympathetic to all the innocent victims? Did you want to hear their stories?

A lot of people just don’t like Jews so will always take whatever news with a grain of salt and vice versa

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
As one who's been in major newsrooms nationally, there's rarely some "agenda".

What happens is writers, producers and reporters trying to tie together threads to see how things fit into national conversations. Sometimes doing that makes people ignore shyt and stay in their modes. National media is in war report mode, so they are looking to tie nearly everything into that. Which makes it lazy.

All news desks have slants, some are more liberal, some are more conservative etc. But that idea that the editor or station manager comes down from on high and says "NO PALESTINIAN STORIES".

That doesn't really happen. That's shyt from TV/Movies.
:mjlol: Ofc there's an agenda. I happen to live with a financial journalist who has also been in newsrooms and written for highly-regarded publications you know. What we've discovered is, the agenda doesn't need to be stated because the employees are well vetted before they're even hired.

As we've seen in these last few weeks, even bourgeoning professionals- kids still in school!- are vetted and discarded based on their feelings on the I-P conflict. They keep lists.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Wait, wasn’t there a mass protest against the Iraq war? Especially after WMD was not found and US still went on

I know here in UK, everyone was against it.
Yes, and Americans didn't care. We were traumatized as a county and basically gave the government a green light to blow up whomever it pleased. Americans have short memories.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
so the world will just allow this massacre and genocide to continue similar to what the nazis did to the jews? There's really no justice in this world, it's really just a game for the rich and powerful.
It's people like yourself, myself and a good hundred million more sharing this exact sentiment My Brother!