Israel–Hamas War: 10/7/2023 - Present

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

It's funny, many pro-Israel accounts are scolding Biden for actually supporting Israel. It makes me believe they weren't going to vote for dude anyways.

However, Biden has for sure tanked much of the Democratic Party's Muslim vote/support, which is significant. If you look at the comments they're basically taken up the stance that sounds familiar: get asked to show support during election time but get shytted on in return and now are seeking to find better candidates than the primary two available.

The Arab vote in Michigan is important

But not as important as black turnout in Detroit. Biden may actually get more Jewish support too.

Young voters across the board from 18-34 years old and some of the older millennials who are in their late 30s, early 40s are not feeling the pro Israel policy and are way more sympathetic to the Palestinians. But the older voters actually turn out.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

But not as important as black turnout in Detroit. Biden may actually get more Jewish support too.

Young voters across the board from 18-34 years old and some of the older millennials who are in their late 30s, early 40s are not feeling the pro Israel policy and are way more sympathetic to the Palestinians. But the older voters actually turn out.
Yeah the thing is though the optics in general are bad.

Colored folks definitely get off-put by it even if it's not the same specific race. People simply don't want to see colonizers act like colonizers.

That article I linked a few posts back summarizes it really well and it's a fast way to lose support or remove people's energy from your campaign/cause.

Biden risks labeling himself as a president who is in favor of colonization, and one who will turn a blind eye to ethnic cleansing and war crimes—and those are tough labels to shake once they take hold in communities of color. Voters of color are strategic, and willing to swallow a lot of nonsense and vote for the lesser evil. But there are some who will simply not pull the lever for any president, in any party, who stands aside while an oppressed people is besieged, starved, and bombed into oblivion. Even if you don’t think Israel is a colonial power, or don’t think the Israeli government is violating the human rights of Palestinians as they wage war against Hamas, the Americans who do think those things are voters Biden is losing right now. Those are the kinds of voters who, once lost, Biden will never win back.
Biden’s refusal to publicly call for peace or even restraint could be doing irreparable harm to him (to say nothing, obviously, of the harm it’s doing to millions of people in the region). There is scant polling data on the issue so far, but what there is suggests a huge generational divide, and a racial one. An NPR/PBS poll taken last week showed that while 65 percent of Americans overall think the country should publicly support Israel, including 86 percent of baby boomers, that number drops to 48 percent in the case of Gen Z Americans. The racial divide is also dramatic, with 72 percent of white Americans favoring US support for Israel, compared to just 51 percent of what the pollsters call “nonwhite” Americans.
Moreover, I feel like white commentators too easily forget that we live in a country where Trump is a looming threat only because a significant majority of their own cousins and uncles and spouses are set, once again, to vote for a raving orange clown, no matter how many times he gets indicted for crimes. White folks are the ones threatening the future of American democracy: To save it, Democrats need supermajorities of Latino, Asian American, Pacific Islander, and Arab American voters, and they need Black people to continue supporting Democrats by well over 80 percent margins, and they need all those groups to turn out. So, just maybe, the white anti-Trump crowd could listen to voters of color with some respect when they try to tell you what’s wrong with their political approach.

Last edited:

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps

This...

No votes should be taken for granted and mobilizing the youth vote in your favor is a positive always because more votes are always good. But the issue has always been youth actually voting enough for people to care what they think. Also, I have a memory of people interviewing people at events like BLM protest and occupy Wallstreet and I don't know if it's representative of these groups as a whole but a significant amount are very much activists but if you ask them if they voted, they will say "I don't vote" lol.

Who knows what impact this will have. Also, if whoever the republican nominee is, turns out to be even more supportive of Israel actions then who knows how that will change things. What others view as the bare minimum that Biden has done to push back against Israel, you may not even get that from some other candidates. The right wing has much more genocidal ideas towards Muslims, especially old boomer right wing types. They love language like "we should glass them" and the like and depending how much the candidates play towards that, that will change the game a bit.

But, the dark horse could be the populist candidates will gravitate towards whatever is popular. I could imagine Trump making a shrewd decision to actually be more anti-israel in rhetoric because he see the opportunity to get the youth vote. Though he will definitely back Israel once in office.

Edit: also, more importantly, people have short memories. Depending on how this plays out and what happens between now and Nov 2024 this issue may not even be relevant or recent enough to impact voting. People forget shyt quickly if a new shiny objects appears. I'm willing to bet Ukraine flags have disappeared from Facebook profiles and been replaced with Israeli flags. shyt this time next year we may be seeing a bunch of Taiwanese flags.

Last edited:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

This shyt here was wild! The cac woman...named Karen (irony) was wildin and trolling all show. Using bad faith arguments, lying and just being argumentative for the sake of wanted to just disagree. Godfrey tries to keep the show flowing but shyt got wild quick lol.

I already posted this pages back. She wasn’t trolling. This is how they do. And the most important part of what she said that went over peoples heads is how Palestinian land shrunk. She said when you go to war and you win, you get to keep the land. And this is now a war so if they do this ground invasion, they will claim at least 1/2 of Gaza.

This is about systematically driving Palestinians out of what’s left of Palestine body by body acre by acre.

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
Israel has killed more women and children than they have grown men, they can’t even pretend this is a real military conflict, this a terroristic genocide campaign, a pogrom because they’re angry.

Women and children:snoop: they're trying to ensure bloodlines are wiped out
Sounds like targeted genocide to me

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
This...

No votes should be taken for granted and mobilizing the youth vote in your favor is a positive always because more votes are always good. But the issue has always been youth actually voting enough for people to care what they think. Also, I have a memory of people interviewing people at events like BLM protest and occupy Wallstreet and I don't know if it's representative of these groups as a whole but a significant amount are very much activists but if you ask them if they voted, they will say "I don't vote" lol.

Who knows what impact this will have. Also, if whoever the republican nominee is, turns out to be even more supportive of Israel actions then who knows how that will change things. What others view as the bare minimum that Biden has done to push back against Israel, you may not even get that from some other candidates. The right wing has much more genocidal ideas towards Muslims, especially old boomer right wing types. They love language like "we should glass them" and the like and depending how much the candidates play towards that, that will change the game a bit.

But, the dark horse could be the populist candidates will gravitate towards whatever is popular. I could imagine Trump making a shrewd decision to actually be more anti-israel in rhetoric because he see the opportunity to get the youth vote. Though he will definitely back Israel once in office.

Edit: also, more importantly, people have short memories. Depending on how this plays out and what happens between now and Nov 2024 this issue may not even be relevant or recent enough to impact voting. People forget shyt quickly if a new shiny objects appears. I'm willing to bet Ukraine flags have disappeared from Facebook profiles and been replaced with Israeli flags. shyt this time next year we may be seeing a bunch of Taiwanese flags.

RFK Jr. and Cornel West are running independent campaigns trying to capture populist voters. But RFK is staunchly and militaristic toward suppprt for Israel. Dr. West is obviously opposite

But since they both are running outside of party ticket that has ballot access, they will need to do that on their own. No telling which states they will siphon votes off.