™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
can we please dead tbis “Hamas is hiding amongst civilians “

The biggest lie from this war
Not one evidence
Where’s the Hamas bodies ??
I literally provided you with 2 seperate articles almost a decade old and an arab article with witness testimony. You're just being a liar at this point.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
can we please dead tbis “Hamas is hiding amongst civilians “

The biggest lie from this war
Not one evidence
Where’s the Hamas bodies ??

It doesn't even matter. What the Zionists don't seem to be able to get through their thick head is that even human shields are protected by International Law, so that tired excuse is not only irrelevant, it's blindly ignorant.

What the Laws of War Say About Forced Displacement and ‘Human Shields’​

Amid the sorrow and anger over the ongoing violence, the core principles of humanitarian law are simple. Civilians must be protected.

Palestinians leaving the northern Gaza Strip, on their way south, near Khan Younis on Friday, Oct. 13.Credit...Samar Abu Elouf for The New York Times

By Amanda Taub
Oct. 19, 2023

As the Israel-Hamas war continues, its rising civilian death toll has raised more questions about what is allowed under the international laws that govern the waging of war. These rules are remarkably clear in some areas, as I wrote last week, and experts said they had been gravely breached by Hamas in its massacres of civilians and taking of hostages, and by Israel when it announced a complete siege of Gaza that cut off water, food and fuel to over 2 million inhabitants.

In the intervening days, two other legal issues have come to the fore: Hamas’s alleged use of civilians as human shields in the Gaza Strip, and Israel’s order on Friday that all civilians must evacuate from Northern Gaza.

War is politically and emotionally complex, and this conflict is no exception. Tuesday’s blast at the Ahli Arab Hospital compound in Gaza City — which Palestinian militant groups blamed on Israel and Israel blamed on one of them — underscored the horrific human toll of modern warfare.
It remains helpful to remember, amid the sorrow and anger over the ongoing violence, that the core principles of humanitarian law are simple. Civilians must be protected. They cannot legally be targets of violence, or disproportionately harmed by it. And those obligations apply to all parties involved in the fighting, even if the other side has violated them.

“Human shields” are still protected civilians.

Israel has long accused Hamas of using civilians as “human shields.” On Wednesday, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel told President Biden that Hamas is perpetrating “a double war crime, targeting our civilians while hiding behind their civilians.”

The use of human shields is considered a war crime as well as a violation of humanitarian law.

But even if one side intentionally jeopardizes civilians in this way — either by forcing them to remain near military targets or by placing military targets in or adjacent to the same buildings as civilians — those noncombatants are still entitled to full protections under humanitarian law, experts say. That means that when attacking Hamas, Israel must still weigh the proportionality of any harm to human shields and other nearby civilians. If the harm to them is disproportionate to the military objective, the attack is illegal under international law.

“There’s really only one way in which a civilian can lose that immunity from attack or their other protections become weakened, and that is direct participation in hostilities,” said Janina Dill, an Oxford University professor and the co-director of the Oxford Institute for Ethics, Law, and Armed Conflict.
Even if Hamas uses civilian homes for military purposes, or places weapons or fighters in tunnels underneath civilian buildings, it would not necessarily be legal for Israel to attack those targets, said Avichai Mandelblit, a former chief military advocate general of the Israeli military and former attorney general.

“Of course, there is the question of proportionality,” he said. “If you want a military gain, you have to put it side by side with the collateral damage.”
Ghazi Hammad, a member of Hamas’s political bureau, told The Times reporter Yousur Al-Hlou by phone on Thursday that the organization does not use human shields. “This is fake news,” he said.

“You know that Gaza is very small and densely populated, and therefore Israel considers any place to be a residential place,” he added later in a WhatsApp message.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Is all you do is look for debates? Theirs other fukked up things in the world. What were you looking to gain by posting that in here?
One, whether I look for debate or not why the fukk do you care?

Secondly, if we are praising Chinese support for Palestinians then it's absolutely relevant. It's not the first post that has been positive about the Chinese response. So, if it's brought up than their treatment of their Muslim minority population is relevant. Especially, if the leaders of the new supposed multipolar world are portrayed as saviors and protectors of human rights lol. fukk China and fukk Israel. Be consistent.

On the other hand we can point to the west's fake ass con0cern for the Uyghurs in China.

But they're perfectly happy for the mass slaughter of the Palenstinians

Just more political posturing from the depraved liberal political class.
We can agree that hypocrites are everywhere. Glad we are moving past a simple evil vs good perspective.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
One, whether I look for debate or not why the fukk do you care?

Secondly, if we are praising Chinese support for Palestinians then it's absolutely relevant. It's not the first post that has been positive about the Chinese response. So, if it's brought up than their treatment of their Muslim minority population is relevant. Especially, if the leaders of the new supposed multipolar world are portrayed as saviors and protectors of human rights lol. fukk China and fukk Israel. Be consistent.

We can agree that hypocrites are everywhere. Glad we are moving past a simple evil vs good perspective.

Oh I ain't moving past Israel and their pro-Zionists lapdogs being evil....i hope all them wicked sick fukks burn in hell :umad:

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Oh I ain't moving past Israel and their pro-Zionists lapdogs being evil....i hope all them wicked sick fukks burn in hell :umad:
Youre not getting an argument from me on that. In this conflict I feel Israel is definitely on the "evil" side compared the Palestinians. But, I'm not respecting the words of countries of China and/or Russia as anything more than political posturing when they are guilty of similar shyt in their backyard. It's like having a pimp trying to preach respecting woman to you.

But there are a few posters in here seem to want to praise these countries for what they say, and act like they not guilty of similar evils in this world.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Good reports on some of the issues before this started. One if from 8 years ago and one from a few months ago. One interesting thing is an abnormal amount of settlers are American...

If I was jewish, I could take a trip to Isreal for free, get the esteemed tourist treatment and have the Israli government offer me free land that they stole, to bolster their numbers.

That is fukking insane to me.