Israel–Hamas War: 10/7/2023 - Present

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I don't think Einstein is overrated, however many many many many scientists and mathematicians should be held on the same level.

actually no. there are only a handful. and anyway don't focus on einstein.

modern physics is largely down to them.

"Deutsche Physik was opposed to the work of Albert Einstein and other modern theoretically based physics, which was disparagingly labeled "Jewish physics" (German: Jüdische Physik)."

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

RIP to them and all of the victims.

according to zionist coli posters on here these people aren't dead and it's all hamas propaganda

by a christian republican in america. :francis:

fukking disgusting that posters on here are spamming bullshyt lies when they openly admit Israel is not to be trusted.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

DHS Announces Start of Applications for Visa-Free Travel to U.S. for Eligible Israeli Citizens and Nationals​

Release Date: October 19, 2023
WASHINGTON – Today, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is announcing the start of visa-free travel for short term visits to the United States for eligible Israeli citizens and nationals following Israel’s admission into the U.S. Visa Waiver Program. Starting today, Thursday, October 19, eligible Israeli citizens and nationals can start applying for authorization to travel to the United States through the U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s (CBP) Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA).

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
actually no. there are only a handful. and anyway don't focus on einstein.

modern physics is largely down to them.

"Deutsche Physik was opposed to the work of Albert Einstein and other modern theoretically based physics, which was disparagingly labeled "Jewish physics" (German: Jüdische Physik)."

Nah man, there are way too many people you learn about through history:
Many have done outstanding work (Gauss, Euler, Lagrange, etc. for example).

Then you have Isaac Newton who:
Newton was strongly influenced by immediate predecessors and older contemporaries like Descartes, Brahe, Huygens, Fermat, Pascal, Hooke, Cassini, Kepler and Boyle (plus the two you mention).

There’s also the work ancient figures in the Greek/Roman period like Archimedes and Ptolemy, who did a lot of groundwork (including basically inventing calculus). This was with was progressed by figures in the Middle East around the 10th century like al-Haytham and Ibn Bajjah, and this work was known in Europe by Newton’s time.
There are so many key names who all have been critical. 3000 years of development and going.

Stand on the shoulders of giants and all that.

Not to mention the modern geniuses. Gell-man, Abdus Salam, Tao, Feynman, etc. It's funny because a research paper I read not too long ago about an engineering field I'm interested in was written by none other than Terence Tao.

Someone put it great about why Einstein we probably won't see another Einstein, although there have been some great minds with significant findings even in the last few decades:

Physics has become so much more esoteric, so much removed from our everyday experiences that lay people have almost no chance to be awed by their appeal. In case of Einstein, lay people, journalists or housemaids all became awestruck by hearing simple things like, "time can be dilated" or "time is the fourth dimension" or "space can be curved" and these are "proved" by a genius called Einstein. Journalists propagated amusingly silly stories like "Einstein has toppled Euclid" and many many more. As a result Einstein after 1919 became nothing short of a pop star! But all these hoopla was possible for one essential reason, his relativistic ideas were kinda semi-understandable for general public. People increasingly became curious about relativity and popular level books flooded the market as a result. People quarter understood them, became more curious about new questions raised in their mind bought new pop books and the cycle went on and on. While all these were going on Einstein became synonymous with the ultimate genius & intelligence.

Note that Einstein was awarded the Nobel Prize for his contribution to quantum theory, but not many journalists or lay people were interested in his work on the photoelectric effect or other such contributions. It was always relativity. Einstein meant only relativity. Why? Because even then, these other topics were not easy to sell to the general public. Even though their importance were nothing less if not more, common people hardly noted them.

And that gives you the clue, why there is no new "Einstein" since then. The further physics goes from our everyday world, the more deeply it tries to probe the nature the less common its world of concepts becomes for the general mass or journalists. It becomes next to impossible to sell ideas like "topological quantum field theory" or "diffeomorphism invariance" in loop quantum gravity or "moduli stabilization" in string theory unless they come up with nice debatable stories which people can sort of understand (like "cosmic landscape", "anthropic multiverse" etc.). Even if there is more than one "Einstein" right now, nobody will be interested in them.

And that's the reason, you will never likely to find another "Einstein".

Last edited:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Nah man, there are way too many people you learn about through history:
Many have done outstanding work (Gauss, Euler, Lagrange, etc. for example).

There are so many key names.

i said "modern physics" and you give me a list of mathematicians + classical physicists.

John von Neumann
Albert Einstein
Niels Bohr
Wolfgang Pauli
William Teller
Richard Feynman
Steven Weinberg
Edward Witten

:hubie:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
i said "modern physics" and you give me a list of mathematicians + newton (non-relativistic).

John von Neumann
Albert Einstein
Niels Bohr
Wolfgang Pauli
William Teller
Richard Feynman
Steven Weinberg
Edward Witten

:hubie:

and my original point was physics and math, period.

Those guys wouldn't be where they were today without Newton, Euler and the many others (who also influenced Newton, Euler, etc).

shyt, we ain't even talk about the engineers either. Ohm's Law, KCL, KVL, etc. and the age old analysis tools basically used on the job today to build some of our more advanced tech. Biot, Savart, Maxwell, Ampere, Carnot, Bernoulli, etc. all significant and relevant today as well as many others.

Last edited:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Advocate for Zionism brehs
:mjlol:

You ain’t slick

I'm not. But I am saying there's a very real chance of genocide, displacement and and abduction for innocent Palestinians.

Does that identity sustain past such an event? Or does it fade away like the Goths? I've never been a Zionist, but I'm also not gonna say the Palestinians can win this war without a massive earth-shattering shift in US/NATO military policy.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
and my original point was physics and math, period.

Those guys wouldn't be where they were today without Newton, Euler and the many others (who also influenced Newton, Euler, etc).

you said.

I don't think Einstein is overrated, however many many many many scientists and mathematicians should be held on the same level. Many have done outstanding work (Gauss, Euler, Lagrange, etc. for example).

and there are not "many many many". especially recently.

Screenshot-2023-10-21-at-02-32-10.png

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Not to mention the modern geniuses. Gell-man, Abdus Salam, Tao, Feynman, etc.

:mjlol:

of those four names two are jewish.

better not to argue against yourself.

-

von neumann (for example, by all accounts) had instant recall of anything he had ever read.

no idea why you are focusing on einstein.

"Eidetic memory[edit]

Von Neumann was also noted for his eidetic memory, particularly of the symbolic kind. Herman Goldstine writes:

One of his remarkable abilities was his power of absolute recall. As far as I could tell, von Neumann was able on once reading a book or article to quote it back verbatim; moreover, he could do it years later without hesitation. He could also translate it at no diminution in speed from its original language into English. On one occasion I tested his ability by asking him to tell me how A Tale of Two Cities started. Whereupon, without any pause, he immediately began to recite the first chapter and continued until asked to stop after about ten or fifteen minutes.[388]

Von Neumann was reportedly able to memorize the pages of telephone directories. He entertained friends by asking them to randomly call out page numbers; he then recited the names, addresses and numbers therein.[30][389] Per Stanisław Ulam, von Neumann's memory was auditory rather than visual.
[390]"

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
you said.

and there are not "many many many". especially recently.

There are a whole lot highly relevant scientists, engineers and mathematicians who have contributed greatly to humanity. I've already named mainly many physicists my last few posts. Haven't even touched the engineers and mathematicians who've made enormous contributions to the actual fundamental sciences and maths we use today (Fourier, Laplace, etc.).

It's been 3000 years full of science and math names across all continents.

Last edited:

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

This post :snoop: :snoop:

Especially that part about jealousy - that's basically downplaying the entire scientific and mathematical contributions made by the entire fukking world through history. It's like you do know there were an astonishing amount of math and physics contributions before Albert Einstein, right?

For example, try starting here:

Calculus was formally invented nearly 400 years ago which was the culmination of thousands of years of work going back to Ancient Babylon and Egypt. Then significant contributions were made to it by the entire world since then.

I don't think Einstein is overrated, however many many many many scientists and mathematicians should be held on the same level. Many have done outstanding work (Gauss, Euler, Lagrange, etc. for example).

There were Muslim Physicists who had very similar ideas and theories before Newton did and Newton had copies of al-Haytham's works in his library. Science ain't a one person glory hog they've turned it into. It's a human effort.
I wonder why they don't celebrate these names as much in the media though? :jbhmm:

The Islamic golden age and contribution to renaissance Europe is well known these days. The reason we know 20th century scientists like Einstein more is because that’s when the era of scientists becoming celebrities began. Think how every one knows Neil Degrasse Tyson today.

Maybe juuuust maybe, if you allegedly keep getting kicked out of every country in the world...maybe you are the problem?
Maybe, just maybe, if you keep getting enslaved by every country in the world.. maybe you are the problem?

Do you see how stupid you sound? That’s white supremacist racial ideology you’re pedaling that can easily be flipped to harm Black people. Stfu and focus on the crimes of the state of Israel.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
There are a whole lot highly relevant scientists, engineers and mathematicians who have contributed greatly to humanity. I've already named mainly many physicists my last few posts. Haven't even touched the engineers and mathematicians who've made enormous contributions to the actual fundamental sciences and maths.

It's been 3000 years full of science and math names across all continents.

see once you break with logic people can't talk to you anymore.

your own post shows disproportionate jews as does leading contemporary physics.

Screenshot-2023-10-21-at-02-46-25.png

now I am not going to explain proportion to someone who fancies that he is making a sound argument.

that would be reductive and a waste of time.