Israel–Hamas War: 10/7/2023 - Present

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
If we were actively dehumanizing and openly bombing the reservations for the last 70 years instead of doing underhand shyt in the shadows it wouldn't be a matter of wether I support it or not, it would be expected.
Respect.

Very good point.

That being said, if there is credibility to the position that Hamas purposely uses innocent people as fodder and a political pawn, I can't fully buy into that.

I believe in the mitigation of innocent life. Whether my predecessors started the conflict or not, I can not rationally say to you with a straight face that I would NEVER dispatch what I believe to be Hamas hostile encampments that, by their mere existence, places innocent life on my side in danger.

Again, I'm not saying this is fact. I still need a hell of a lot of research to say I find it credible.

And if the hostility is not as black and white as, "Oppressor is the only hostile initiator for the last 75 years" than I take pause at the greenlight to not question Hamas' contribution to it all.

Last edited:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
:francis: buckle up, gonna be a interesting weekend

This shyt legit feels like the beginning of the nuclear war horror movie, "Threads".

Historically, it spookily feels like the dominoes that werd falling - yet could have been avoided - right before WW1.

Peace time agreements, war time promises, political powderkeg that forces all sides to pick a side, the threat of hostile military movements.

Yikes

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It's rough, though, because those things are what drive public opinion even though they're insignificant in the big picture.

The vast majority of humans don't make most of their decisions based on statistics, or deep historical understanding, or careful rational arguments. When it comes to casual viewpoints like their thoughts on another country or daily news items, they tend to make their decisions based on who they like, what their friends think, and how they feel emotionally. That's not an insult, it's just human nature. People don't want to dedicate hours of hard thinking to an issue like this, so they allow their subconscious to take control, and the subconscious defaults to associations and emotions.

Thus, control of the narrative and images like hospitals and babies and particularly sympathetic victims matter more to that narrative than the best historical book on the subject ever will.

We’re heading into scary times. AI and deepfakes will get to a point where there is no more information and only narrative. Maybe that’s how it’s always been if you consider that winners write the history.