Israel–Hamas War: 10/7/2023 - Present

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
At least you admit that you can't counter a single challenge I posed to you. This doesn't seem to be in your wheelhouse.

You're doing exactly what I said you do.

[violence fails over and over again with horrific consequences] - KEEP TRYING VIOLENCE!

[nonviolence fails once] - Goddamnit, it didn't work, it must never work.

And you think my ignorance was what was exposed here? No one claimed that nonviolence works every time, just like no one would be stupid enough to claim that violence works every time. But it's been proven that nonviolence works substantially more often and more completely than nonviolence does. I spent a good bit of my life studying both violence and nonviolence before I came to that conclusion. What study have you ever done of the issue because mining for anecdotes to protect your confirmation bias?

:russell:

Palestinians have engaged in non violent resistance for decades and Israel still steals their lands, kills their children, bombs their infrastructure

Why aren’t you asking Israelis to put down their weapons and decolonize?
:mjpls:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Why aren’t you asking Israelis to put down their weapons and decolonize?

I have, repeatedly, dumbass. :why:

I see no reason to continue this conversation because you're not even acting capable of participating in it. I made my basic arguments, with specific examples, scientific data, and sourced links, in my previous comment. Until you're ready to move beyond one-liners and actually have a substantive discussion, what's the point?

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
You would think people would be smart enough to see how the video the IDF posted doesnt even agree with their own claims.

If the rocket was shot from a cemetery behind the hospital...then why does the video show it travelling horizontally across the city before shot down

And then theres the whole timestamp issue which completely invalidates the "evidence"

that guy

Superstar
Daps
So who cause the hospital explosion? I don’t know who to believe. I wish I was plugged in but…
:whoa:
I doubt I really want to know what happened.
Israel :what:

1. They took credit for it before the international community created an uproar
2. They deleted the tweet the posted footage from last year claiming it was proof Hamas was responsible
3. They posted a fake audio recording of Hamas militants blaming themselves
4. Israeli ALWAYS bombs hospitals and have no problem killing women and children
5. Most importantly, Israel refuses to allow international independent journalists to investigate the impact site

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I have, repeatedly, dumbass. :why:

I see no reason to continue this conversation because you're not even acting capable of participating in it. I made my basic arguments, with specific examples, scientific data, and sourced links, in my previous comment. Until you're ready to move beyond one-liners and actually have a substantive discussion, what's the point?

You’ve placed far more onus on the victims of colonialism than the colonialists. That’s pretty disgusting.

Do you wish Africans who military defeated white supremacist regimes across Africa “kumbaya’d” their way to success? You think they didn’t try petitions and peaceful rallies first?
:dead:

Violence is sometimes necessary. Violence or the threat of violence freed Africa.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
When President Biden delivers a prime-time Oval Office address on Thursday about the wars in Israel and Ukraine, it will be his third major speech on the Mideast conflict as he grapples with a fragile Democratic coalition that is closely watching how he handles the outbreak of violence.

Mr. Biden’s speech comes as his political coalition has begun to fray over the Israeli conflict. Progressives and young Democrats are demanding that he press Israel to stop its incursion on Gaza, while more centrist Democrats who make up the core of his political base were nearly unanimous in their praise of his Tel Aviv speech.

Liberal Democrats who have been critical of how Mr. Biden has tethered the White House to Israel as the Israelis carry out attacks on the Gaza Strip focused their attention Wednesday on amplifying attention on antiwar demonstrators who marched around the Capitol and renewed their calls for a cease-fire.

“We cannot bomb our way to peace,” wrote Representative Cori Bush of Missouri. “We need a cease-fire,” said Representative André Carson of Indiana. And several left-wing members of Congress reposted a message from Pope Francis in which he called the situation in Gaza “desperate” and pleaded that “the weapons be silenced; let the cry for peace be heard from the poor, from the people, from the children!”

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
You’ve placed far more onus on the victims of colonialism than the colonialists. That’s pretty disgusting.

No, that's a complete lie. Like your other statements, you're literally just repeating the same catchphrases that everyone repeats even if they have no relevance to me at all. At least try to engage with the issue.

Do you wish Africans who military defeated white supremacist regimes across Africa “kumbaya’d” their way to success? You think they didn’t try petitions and peaceful rallies first?

The fact that your name is "Nkrumah Was Right" and you're still saying this dumb shyt. :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol:

If you know that Nkrumah was no "kumbaya" brother, then why would you use that dumb shyt with me? It's a contentless argument, just more proof you're not even trying to think.

If you had actually looked at the data I linked, you'd see that successful violent revolutions are far more likely to result in despots, military dictators, and unstable governments than successful nonviolent revolutions are. And far fewer people die in successful nonviolent revolutions than in successful violent revolutions. So fukk yeah, of course I would rather fewer deaths and a better final outcome than more deaths and a worse final outcome. I would prefer far, far less war in Africa, fewer military dictators, and more democracies. Do you realize how dumb that "dilemma" sounds to someone actually educated on the topic?

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
So who cause the hospital explosion? I don’t know who to believe. I wish I was plugged in but…
:whoa:
I doubt I really want to know what happened.

Man you know who to believe. :stopitslime: I’ve only been following this for a few days and it’s clear which side is doing dirt and hiding behind being oppressed.

I will say this, Israel is losing the perception war at this point. The US being unapologetically behind them isn’t a good look on the world stage… this could get ugly.

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
No, that's a complete lie. Like your other statements, you're literally just repeating the same catchphrases that everyone repeats even if they have no relevance to me at all. At least try to engage with the issue.

The fact that your name is "Nkrumah Was Right" and you're still saying this dumb shyt. :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol:

If you know that Nkrumah was no "kumbaya" brother, then why would you use that dumb shyt with me? It's a contentless argument, just more proof you're not even trying to think.

If you had actually looked at the data I linked, you'd see that successful violent revolutions are far more likely to result in despots, military dictators, and unstable governments than successful nonviolent revolutions are. And far fewer people die in successful nonviolent revolutions than in successful violent revolutions. So fukk yeah, of course I would rather fewer deaths and a better final outcome than more deaths and a worse final outcome. I would prefer far, far less war in Africa, fewer military dictators, and more democracies. Do you realize how dumb that "dilemma" sounds to someone actually educated on the topic?

If you’re so educated on this topic, then why do you advocate for a strategy that had limited success compared to armed struggle?

Do you think Rhodesians would’ve given up if Robert Mugabe asked nicely?
:dead: :francis::mjlol:

It seems like you prefer a world where only cacs have weapons

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey

That twitch streamer Hasan saw this tweet and its deleting in real time. Along with various other attempts the IDF made to obfuscate this bombing, after the people of Gaza started posting dead bodies on twitter.

No one should be expected to believe someone who's initial reaction, to anything, is to first control the narrative.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
This was conclusion as well and I would've done the same thing in my position. Israel is prepared and willing to turn Gaza into a parking lot, they've been telegraphing it since the inital attack.

The IDF wanted to invade days ago. Those arab 🧢threats got them to reaccess the risk. Now that Uncle Sam is committed to refereeing this conflict, the IDF can focusing on targeting HAMAS terrorists, without outside interference.... Specifically the HAMAS soldiers who hide behind and under the people of Gaza.
And honestly this is the best resolution...for now. Hopefully a cease fire resolution comes about soon and a solution can come about before the end of the year.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
If you’re so educated on this topic, then why do you advocate for a strategy that had limited success compared to armed struggle?

:dahell:

Goddamn, you're really showing your ass here. Do we need to start off at the beginning? I already posted this once, why didn't you read/watch then?

For the next two years, Chenoweth and Stephan collected data on all violent and nonviolent campaigns from 1900 to 2006 that resulted in the overthrow of a government or in territorial liberation. They created a data set of 323 mass actions. Chenoweth analyzed nearly 160 variables related to success criteria, participant categories, state capacity, and more. The results turned her earlier paradigm on its head — in the aggregate, nonviolent civil resistance was far more effective in producing change.

They broke down literally every successful rebellion between 1900 and 2006, and nonviolent rebellions were far MORE successful than violent rebellions. Like I pointed out earlier, you haven't studied this issue at all and don't know anything about it. Why did you even call yourself "Nkrumah was Right" if you don't realize that he led a nonviolent revolution because he KNEW it would have the greatest chance of success?

All the data is here. Where are they wrong?

Why Civil Resistance Works: The Strategic Logic of Nonviolent Conflict
Maria J. Stephan and Erica Chenoweth
International Security, Vol. 33, No. 1 (Summer 2008), pp. 7–44