Israel–Hamas War: 10/7/2023 - Present

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
My whole tiktok timeline is politics and mostly about the conflict. I have been following the events closely. I have seen the tiktoks. I based my opinion on listening to both sides; not just 1.

No need to throw random links at me with no explanation. If you can't make a claim and support it then you can keep them. I can post a million random links too but that's not a conversation.
Wow, what’s with the tone? Do we have beef? I’ve never been terse or hostile towards you. Just posted a POV I found compelling. Won’t do it again.

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
By "sides", I'm speaking of Israeli government military vs. Hamas. I don't lump every Palestinian into Hamas sympathizers or every Israeli into their military's actions.

There was non violent Palestinians, un-affiliated with Hamas, who marched to the Gaza fence and Israel shot 8,000 Palestinians

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news...otesters/0000017f-f2da-d497-a1ff-f2dab2520000

Non violent resistance only works against a humane enemy. Israel is not humane as it is actively trying to ethnically cleanse Palestinians

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Non violent resistance only works against a humane enemy. Israel is not humane as it is actively trying to ethnically cleanse Palestinians

That's just one of those Hallmark talking points that bears no relation to reality. Are you saying the Southern Segregationists were humane? That the South African Apartheid government was humane? How about Slobodan Milošević? You feel that Charles Taylor was humane, or were LURD the humane ones? Was Ferdinand Marcos a humane dictator? What about the Soviet leaders in Eastern Europe and the Baltic States? Was Hosni Mubarak humane, that was the weakness that let him down?

Even your name is pissing me off, because Nkrumah knew nonviolence could work against the British despite seeing all the horrific shyt they had just pulled in Kenya and India, but now you want to kiss 1950s British ass as some special "humane" leadership.

Claiming that Netanyahu, or Israelis in general, are some particular case of inhumanity such that nonviolence couldn't possibly work despite having worked against all those other brutal dictators is uninformed. Even in the midst of the Nazi takeover in Europe, nonviolence where it was used achieved significant victories even against Nazis. Look at the nonviolent resistance in Le Chambon or Denmark or (later in the war) the Netherlands. Did that only work against "humane" Nazis?

It's my experience that most people who criticize nonviolence have never actually studied at on any objective level. They've never read a single full book on it, much less taken a course or earned a degree in the subject. They enter the discussion of nonviolent resistance on some cherry-picking bullshyt. "If nonviolence failed once that proves it can't work", which ignores the thousands of times that violent resistance fails to work. "If violence was ever used even once in the conflict, that proves violence was the solution", which ignores that 98% of the strength of the movement came from nonviolent actions. Nonviolence can only be disparaged if it's held to a completely different standard than violent resistance is held to.

The truth is, NOTHING works all the time, NOTHING is guarantied. Failure is always an option. But when actual objective study is done, nonviolence campaigns are statistically far more likely to succeed than violent campaigns, result in far lower casualties to their participants than violent campaigns, and when they win, they're far more likely to result in democratic governments afterwards than when violent rebellions win. That's just objective statistical data, and I'd be interested to see any objective counter that doesn't come from cherry-picking or emotional appeals.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I agree. There is no 100% good or bad on either side. People are so wrapped in defending Palestine they're willing to over look the grimy shyt Hamas is doing. Hamas literally sets up bases in hospitals and among families and I have seen very few people acknowledge that as an issue.

I think that last line is gold and something I will do moving forward. I thought Israel was responsible initially too until I heard actual experts give their opinions and saw the videos and pictures.

This is serious event that could impact us all. History in the making. We should seek to make moves with accurate information and not give in to sensationalism.

On another note, I hope there’s ceasefire very soon and a 2 state solution.

Yup both are wrong. Hamas for killing innocent kids and elderly, and Israel for killing innocent kids and elderly.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
The holy Koran requires the faithful to comply with agreements and treaties on the rights of refugees [5:1]. It provides a set of instructions in dealing with refugees and migrants, praising those who go to the assistance of people in distress and requiring the faithful to protect refugees [9:100 and 117]. It recognises the rights of refugees and internally displaced persons, entitling them to certain rights and to humane treatment [8: 72-75, 16: 41]. It condemns people whose actions prompt mass migration and views them as lacking faith in God’s words [2: 84-86]. Article 12 of the 1990 Cairo Declaration on Human Rights in Islam says: “Every man shall have the right, within the framework of sharia, to free movement and to select his place of residence whether inside or outside his country and, if persecuted, is entitled to seek asylum in another country. The country of refuge shall ensure his protection until he reaches safety.”

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.

They have used this power 40+ times to Isreal's benefit. The "two state solution" is a farce that neither the U.S. or Isreal actually want or have ever intended on helping create. They want indefinete apartheid, they want to maintain palastine as an open air prison til they can find an excuse to gobble up the rest of the land and ethnically cleanse the undesirables.