Israel–Hamas War: 10/7/2023 - Present

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
I feel like we're all waiting to see how far this will go. It's not like a Russia - Ukraine situation, in the sense where we all all thought Russia was gonna steam roll Ukraine.

If you tell me you didn't think that in the beginning, please buy a lottery ticket with your life savings
:mjgrin:

I didn't think the NATO was gonna back Ukraine this hard, but look at how many billions they sent over. Now since foreign nationals are in the mix (hostages etc) I feel like things got really messy. I don't think Hamas was expecting this, even neighbouring Arab countries are probably like
:huhldup:

They were saying Iran helped Hamas plan this, Iran's staying they support them and believe in their cause...but they didn't help them plan this.
:hubie:

It's so complex.

that guy

Superstar
Daps
I was complaining about this a while ago and morons wanted to argue. Pulling up bullshyt that doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things , because other groups can come together regardless of history to attack or defend themselves. Yet black people find it impossible…
:francis:
That’s because white people only come together in order to not cannibalize themselves. They don’t genuinely like each other. Uniting under the guise of white supremacy is a tool that distracts them long enough to stop fighting themselves and exert their lust for violence on other people.

Remember this whole Palestine-Israel conflict is a direct result of them globally waring with each other despite basically conquering the world. Despite total world domination they still found a way to fight each other across multiple continents.

We don’t have that problem as melanated people so it’s much harder to unite as one ethnic group. We don’t naturally hate one another nor does our culture revolve around violence and war.

Another reason is because all Caucasian countries are pretty much all the same culturally so it’s far easier for them to form one monolithic culture of white supremacy. We are far too diverse culturally and would be doing ourselves a disservice in doing so.

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker

bun-b-and-scooter-braun-attend-hand-in-hand-a-benefit-for-hurricane-relief-at-universal-studios-september-12-2017.jpg
:stopitslime:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
how could she be in shock is what's amazing

This is why a lot of people are afraid to speak up. One of my old Palestinian coworkers called out an exec at a top 5 company on LinkedIn. Wonder if he’ll get fired.
I work in private equity now but when I was in investment banking I was on the recruiting team for a few schools (Duke, Penn, etc.) and would tell my mentees that any thing they put in the public domain was fair game and could be used against them.

I think people still don't comprehend that freedom of speech doesn’t protect you from consequences - particularly in the private sector. Right or wrong - that’s the reality.

That’s why no one likes to talk about politics at work. Someone will get you out the paint.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I work in private equity now but when I was in investment banking I was on the recruiting team for few schools (Duke, Penn, etc.) and would tell my mentees that any thing they put in the public domain was fair game and could be used against them.

I think people still don't comprehend that freedom of speech doesn’t protect you from consequences - particularly in the private sector. Right or wrong - that’s the reality.

That’s why no one likes to talk about politics at work. Someone will get you out the paint.
You know like I know how things go

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
I work in private equity now but when I was in investment banking I was on the recruiting team for few schools (Duke, Penn, etc.) and would tell my mentees that any thing they put in the public domain was fair game and could be used against them.

i mean especially in the law field

that guy

Superstar
Daps

No offense but that’s the mentality of a foreign person. That whole “go along to get along” culture is mainly practiced by immigrants who are just happy to be here and “don’t want to mess up a good thing”

There’s a difference between professional social media etiquette and speaking the truth about the negative consequences of racist colonialism.

Anyone who supports Israel is a racist Zionist. No black person should degrade themselves by working for them.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't know if posted yet, but this is one possible outcome unfortunately:

Side note: World War 3 would probably be the dirtiest war in history I'm sure all sides will have all types of biological shyt deployed in addition to nuclear strikes. COVID is probably a surface-level peak and what would be deployed.

There's a quote I heard once, but I don't remember who from, that goes

"I don't know what world war 3 will be fought with, but I know world war 4 will be fought with sticks and stones"

Daps
Reppin
NYC
No offense but that’s the mentality of a foreign person. That whole “go along to get along” culture is mainly practiced by immigrants who are just happy to be here and “don’t want to mess up a good thing”

There’s a difference between professional social media etiquette and speaking the truth about the negative consequences of racist colonialism.

Anyone who supports Israel is a racist Zionist. No black person should degrade themselves by working for them.
I was born and raised here.

My point is that it was clear as day what the consequence of that letter would be.

If she’s fine with the consequences that’s one thing but it’s naïveté to be shocked that you can lose your job for that.

The entire private sector is run by individuals who publicly support Israel (or are Republican / elitist) so are you saying black people should exit that labor market? And to where?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I work in private equity now but when I was in investment banking I was on the recruiting team for a few schools (Duke, Penn, etc.) and would tell my mentees that any thing they put in the public domain was fair game and could be used against them.

We just got an email today at work to remind us to be mindful of what we post on social media .