Is this true that the Buddha was black?

Hip-Hop-Bulls

All Star
Daps
Google the Ajanta cave paintings, they are ancient Buddhist frescos from India that were discovered to date as far back as 200 B.C. In them, we can get an authentic look into what the Buddha most likely looked like, some examples:

3339-004-C57FABEB.jpg

AjantaCaves67.jpg

tumblr_mgz408EFX01r0h08no1_500.jpg

Ya boy was a dark skinned Indian prince.

peace

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
Google the Ajanta cave paintings, they are ancient Buddhist frescos from India that were discovered to date as far back as 200 B.C. In them, we can get an authentic look into what the Buddha most likely looked like, some examples:

tumblr_mgz408EFX01r0h08no1_500.jpg

Ya boy was a dark skinned Indian prince.

"b..b..b...but cornrows!!!" :heh:

fukk outta here breh.

this stuff doesn't matter breh :childplease: the cacology you love says the people in Egypt FROM Africa on the hieroglyphics are darkskinned cacs. I mean gosh don't you know things were a big melting pot back then. WE (except Nubians, they came later) all made the pyramids breh. :heh: When you subscribe to cacology, some old painting on stones can't be trusted :manny:

I need PURE evidence as in Budda himself speaking to me personally, live in the flesh, TODAY while shaking my hand saying he's Indian & not African...i don't care that he looked Indian. Darkskin and black hair isn't exclusive to Indian people, can't use common sense with stuff like this

Remember this is your logic friend :pachaha:

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
this stuff doesn't matter breh :childplease: the cacology you love says the people in Egypt FROM Africa on the hieroglyphics are darkskinned cacs. I mean gosh don't you know things were a big melting pot back then. WE (except Nubians, they came later) all made the pyramids breh. :heh: When you subscribe to cacology, some old painting on stones can't be trusted :manny:

I need PURE evidence as in Budda himself speaking to me personally, live in the flesh, TODAY while shaking my hand saying he's Indian & not African...i don't care that he looked Indian. Darkskin and black hair isn't exclusive to Indian people, can't use common sense with stuff like this

Remember this is your logic friend :pachaha:

I never said the Egyptians weren't black.

and anyway even if I did those paintings of the Buddha don't differ much from what a lot of Indians look like today. That's not what you guys claim about Egypt.

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
Those features aren't exclusive to Africans and Olmecs WERE Native Americans descended from Asians (not Europeans) that crossed the Bering Strait about 20,000 years ago.

Why are you doing to the Native Americans what Europeans did to us?

:childplease: the thread is 15 pages deep with people trying to explain how cornrows and typical west african facial features doesnt imply black origin, and suddenly I am "blackwashing" history? :pachaha:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
blackzeus said:
:childplease: the thread is 15 pages deep with people trying to explain how cornrows and typical west african facial features doesnt imply black origin, and suddenly I am "blackwashing" history? :pachaha:

There's nothing 'typical' about our features since they're shared by many differing groups of people all over the planet as a result of environmental factors. The 'cornrows' on the statue are actually a hat.

:snooze:

Jone2three45

Supporter
Daps
Those features aren't exclusive to Africans and Olmecs WERE Native Americans descended from Asians (not Europeans) that crossed the Bering Strait about 20,000 years ago.

Why are you doing to the Native Americans what Europeans did to us?

Who do you think the Asians originated from... :rudy:

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
So you guys are saying that the original Buddhas where wearing a porcupine hat rather then having 9 ether hair with corn rolls and coiled hair? Really? If that's what you believe then that's you and fine, but post the information that you read and where you got it from, brother.

9 ether? Oh you a yorkie :heh:

I just posted paintings of the Buddha that are dated from around the time Buddhism had a strong hold in India, he looks Indian...dark skin, wavy hair, fine features - which isn't shocking based on the fact that he was an Indian :beli: