Is this the reason female Rapper Rapsody hasn't been able to blow up?

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Because he's become an absolute chore to listen to.

An unrelenting monotonous delivery coupled with every line needing to be some "coded jewel" makes for an awful listen. He needs to let the listener and the track breathe. And the saddest part is, he wasn't always like this. I revisited Cloud 9 with 9th Wonder and he's so much better at actually rapping then he is now.

Like I said before, he's now what everyone thinks is wrong with Lupe.

Cosigned except for the last sentence because Lupe on that wave too. Nobody trying to decipher every bar or figure out the metaphors comparing people to cereal boxes and shyt.
:troll:

But really tho...how "deep" were Nas bars on Illmatic, IWW, etc? How deep were Hov bars? What about Ice Cube? Let's keep it a buck: all the rappers most NORMAL adults put in their top 10 did not have super complex or dense rhymes or endless lyrical exercises with tons of metaphors in every line. Nas has complex lines and rhymes and metaphors, sure...but overall he was just saying dope shyt that people felt spiritually or could relate to...or just dope fly shyt. All the great rappers got tracks like Nas Is Like or Hard Knock Life or Kick In The Door that are just...dope songs. Rapsody always trying to write like she's James Joyce or some shyt and you're left with shyt that is technically proficient but not worth listening to.

This is why only people with mid to severe autism would place Canibus higher than Nas or Hov on their top ten list. If all you wanna hear is codes and messages you need a Little Orphan Annie decoder pin to decipher...don't shake my hand or look me in the eye nikka. I'm trying to hear dope music.
:camby:

SnowflakesByTheOZ

Sorry, that's another B
Daps
Image is everything and as posters said above though Rapsody is not an ugly woman in my opinion

Legs looking like a cocoa butter snack in this video :wow:

But she doesn't embody the hood rachet bytch that these girls want nowadays. She doesn't make music to snapchat in the party too and that's what these bytches want...

Code

Banned
Daps
Rapsody hasn't been able to blow because once you strip away the "real hiphop" pretense, you're left with a largely uninteresting female rapper with a speech impediment and an over-the-top admiration for Jay-Z.

Lmao

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Well the problem is she's not that great of a rapper. She's preachy AF, zero sex/celebrity appeal, and shes not bringing anything new. Shes a Female Talib kwali no one wants 90s hiphop in 2018:yeshrug:

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I hate saying shyt like this, but most female fans (aside from heads on here) really identify with the image and nothing else. She can be a symbol of empowerment and rap her ass off until she's blue in the face, if she's not portraying a desirable lifestyle, that audience IS NOT fukking with her, at all

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I hate saying shyt like this, but most female fans (aside from heads on here) really identify with the image and nothing else. She can be a symbol of empowerment and rap her ass off until she's blue in the face, if she's not portraying a desirable lifestyle, that audience IS NOT fukking with her, at all

Rap fans in general

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Not as interesting or entertaining as Missy

She doesn't have the talent for that

I don't 100% agree with that though

In my opinion, its all about the direction and focus the artist wants to go with their career
Would you say Missy Elliot would be as big without Timberland? You don't think Rapsody can get a similar producer to give her music life?
Plus you can't look at Rapsody's personality and make that inference. Missy Elliot's personality outside of her music videos really isn't that different