Is this the reason female Rapper Rapsody hasn't been able to blow up?

JYoung24

Young J
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cosigned except for the last sentence because Lupe on that wave too. Nobody trying to decipher every bar or figure out the metaphors comparing people to cereal boxes and shyt.
:troll:

But really tho...how "deep" were Nas bars on Illmatic, IWW, etc? How deep were Hov bars? What about Ice Cube? Let's keep it a buck: all the rappers most NORMAL adults put in their top 10 did not have super complex or dense rhymes or endless lyrical exercises with tons of metaphors in every line. Nas has complex lines and rhymes and metaphors, sure...but overall he was just saying dope shyt that people felt spiritually or could relate to...or just dope fly shyt. All the great rappers got tracks like Nas Is Like or Hard Knock Life or Kick In The Door that are just...dope songs. Rapsody always trying to write like she's James Joyce or some shyt and you're left with shyt that is technically proficient but not worth listening to.

This is why only people with mid to severe autism would place Canibus higher than Nas or Hov on their top ten list. If all you wanna hear is codes and messages you need a Little Orphan Annie decoder pin to decipher...don't shake my hand or look me in the eye nikka. I'm trying to hear dope music.
:camby:

Nah people fukked with rapsody album and it was actually good music not just rapping

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Most women don't want to sit around and nod their head to rap lyrics for extended periods of time.

It is what it is.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Lauryn hill technically seeing as that thing went number 1 and it’s mostly rap
Lauryn Hill was singing and actually looked good fam
and all her hits were related to relationship struggles, which disqualifies her... lost ones, that thing, strumming my pain.... women was eating that shyt up... couldn't want to sing some lyrics to a triflin nikka..

we talking female chuck d here... where that bytch at? nowhere.. that's never gonna blow with women. black men who do that don't even blow these days

Daps
and all her hits were related to relationship struggles, which disqualifies her... lost ones, that thing, strumming my pain.... women was eating that shyt up... couldn't want to sing some lyrics to a triflin nikka..

we talking female chuck d here... where that bytch at? nowhere.. that's never gonna blow with women. black men who do that don't even blow these days
That thing was more overall a conscious record for everyone. Looking back it was kinda preachy Lauryn just made good music tbh. From what I’ve heard from rhapsody her perspective isn’t really that interesting. Look at artist like sza in a age where most r&b is dead and most artist use mix of trap or gimmicks to make it work. It’s as simple as connecting with the people.

Daps
I just think it's about style and taste. They dont care how talented you are if your beats and music dont appeal to them. Black women mostly listen to melody and soulful singing so they probably not gonna listen to a female rapper making underground rap music. If some of these women were to change they image a bit and get some songs with a whitney/beyonce sample or a good melody then I'm sure they'd listen to her.

Lauryn was skilled but she also had an image women liked and made music they liked as well. These artist just want people to support them with out taking any chances.

blizzard man

Join the Nintendo Fun Club today!
Daps
Reppin
DC
You’d think Rapsody would be more popular now in this climate.. Oh well.

what climate do you mean? the degenerate rap climate? or that #metoo movement that rap doesn't give a shyt about

rapsody is solid but I dunno why shes not bigger, has she been on a major?

either way, dreezy is itight too

brownsugah

Banned
Supporter
Daps
People don’t like Rappers like Rapsody (and I’m seeing hate for Noname too) because they are actually conscious and are not rapping about the non-substantial shyt that the more popular female rappers out at the moment are rapping about. :(

All Star
Daps
People don’t like Rappers like Rapsody (and I’m seeing hate for Noname too) because they are actually conscious and are not rapping about the non-substantial shyt that the more popular female rappers out at the moment are rapping about. :(

there are people who hate noname? :picard: