Is this the reason female Rapper Rapsody hasn't been able to blow up?

KingsOfKings

๐•„๐•’๐••๐•๐•š๐•“ ๐•š๐•ค ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•– ๐”พ๐• ๐•’๐•ฅ
Daps
One of the nicest imo. Just hate how 9th had to put her smack in the middle of someone project

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The excuses people made up in this thread is ridiculous.

"She didn't blow up because of how she looks", breh Missy Elliott exists and she pretty much danced on every negative aspect of her appearance and STILL blew up.

"Her content holds her back", breh Lauryn Hill had a #1 hit song with "Doo Wop". There was also "Lost Ones"

"She's too real Hip Hop", breh Missy's biggest album is a back to basics album in which she basically did a "look at me I'm real Hip Hop in my shell toe Adidas, door knocker hoop earrings and I rap over old school breaks".

Rhapsody is cool, but she doesn't have the charisma and the music lacks commercial appeal. Simple as that.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
The excuses people made up in this thread is ridiculous.

"She didn't blow up because of how she looks", breh Missy Elliott exists and she pretty much danced on every negative aspect of her appearance and STILL blew up.

"Her content holds her back", breh Lauryn Hill had a #1 hit song with "Doo Wop". There was also "Lost Ones"

"She's too real Hip Hop", breh Missy's biggest album is a back to basics album in which she basically did a "look at me I'm real Hip Hop in my shell toe Adidas, door knocker hoop earrings and I rap over old school breaks".

Rhapsody is cool, but she doesn't have the charisma and the music lacks commercial appeal. Simple as that.
I mean Lailaโ€™s wisdom and Eve were her best shots and it still didnโ€™t happen. Rap is basically the chick they use to argue with people that say โ€œall women rap about Is sexโ€ Se came out in the wrong era, it is what it is.

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
Stop being concerned if everyone else like the rappers you like. None of the shyt I listen to is in the top 40 and I don't give a shyt. I've honestly never heard a Drake or Future album in its entirety, and I have no interest in doing so. I can't say they are wack because I've never heard them, it's just not my interest.

KingsOfKings

๐•„๐•’๐••๐•๐•š๐•“ ๐•š๐•ค ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•– ๐”พ๐• ๐•’๐•ฅ
Daps
Album incoming

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think it's because it's conscious rap. I think to blow up one has to make catchy anthems and maybe have a story and I've never heard that from her (admittedly I don't really listen to her music like that to know).

Also it's not feminine enough. Lauryn Hill blew up and she was murdering verses yet still had a feminine aura.

Kendrick story/angle uis that he was the spokesperson for his generation and had anthems for them.

What is Rapsody's story? What are the anthems.

I think the better question is why should she have blown up?