Is this partly why the economy is so messed up?

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
There's no difference between that and the people who retire and get a part time job. Only thing is they went back to a job they know and were already trained for.

And if you think this is a reason for the economy being bad you to read up on the housing collapse,deregulation,and jobs being shipped overseas,etc.

john goodman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Pensions are over bloated in many states and we have serious budget issues in many places because of it. When there are budget issues many good things like infrastructure projects and school funding gets cut

Is this the reason why the economy is bad?

Everything is interrelated. This is stealing from the taxpayers.

Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Pensions are over bloated in many states and we have serious budget issues in many places because of it. When there are budget issues many good things like infrastructure projects and school funding gets cut

Is this the reason why the economy is bad?

Everything is interrelated. This is stealing from the taxpayers.
:childplease: How is it stealing? They did their time until retirement and decided to work again.

Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Doing a fake retirement then going back to the same job while collecting the pension is stealing and demonic.

You want the pension, retire and do something else. That's how it's supposed to work
I see your point but still wouldn't call it stealing. I figure if the job goes unfilled they should be able to work but in today's economy I doubt that's the case. That's when it gets questionable.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This is nowhere near the reason for our economic situation, but at the same time let's not act like this behavior should be condoned. :stopitslime:

It's all good if it's your relative getting the extra money, but it makes it that much harder for young people (who have the highest unemployment) to get their foot in the door anywhere.

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
THE REASON THIS HAPPENS IS BECAUSE OF OVERTIME. IT GIVES PEOPLE A FALSE INCOME LEVEL. WHEN YOU RETIRE OVERTIME IS NO MORE. YOUR INCOME IS SEVERELY CUT AND A LOT OF SENIORS CAN'T SUPPORT THEIR LIFESTYLE ANYMORE.

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
- offshoring and outsourcing are a much bigger problem than anyone wants to admit. Keeps real wages down and jobs for the general public down in number, therefore slowing down consumer spending.

- 2 trillion in cash American corps are sitting on, claiming its not a good time to invest kills the trickle down argument.

- record low percentage of taxes collected from the wealthy

- odd rise in real goods prices, while real income has gone down. Obviously bad manipulation on some goods and services.

Just my opinion, but its interesting that in the US, we blame people's actual needs for our financial problems as a society, when as people, we should be taking care of each other, and looking at some of the other huge problems.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
i have no issues with them.
i have issue with this government and the people who run it.

who din't give a damn about anybody but themselves.
when they live fine. plus self equate like everyone else is okay.

i hate politicians,.....this whole country is wack!

art barr

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
These government jobs contribute to a lot of the stagnation in black social mobility.

So many black people that claim to have jobs are actually just bums in uniform with their hand out. Not learning any skills, not working toward advancement, just hanging out, collecting a check.

Can't wait until they make collective bargaining illegal for government workers. It's coming.