Is there something going on with The Rock?

Breh13

Smh.
Supporter
Daps
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Shazam was trash and the Rock wanted nothing to do with it.

Nah you trying to rewrite history here. Shazam was well received by critics and audiences. It did over $350M on a shoestring budget. That's why the sequel was green lit. The sequel ended up being meh as fukk but that has nothing to do with this discussion.

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
Dude is doing interviews with people he would’ve never done them with before. Also he was adamant about never working with Vin diesel and Tyrese again but he signed back up for fast and furious? Has he toned down his arrogance?
:patrice:

@PAWG Life

@humminbird

@Realm-Breaker

What do you think is going on? I think with the Black Adam debacle it sort of humbled Dwayne Johnson. Wish he could of had classics like Arnold Schwarzenegger

@Monoblock

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Shazam was trash and the Rock wanted nothing to do with it. Because he didn't want to play a second rate villain in what was effectively a kids movie and he was right to do it.

Also Shazam 2 only made about $130 million Globally. Which is beyond pathetic.

As for Gunn, he could have gone for it but he has this weird hatred of Henry Cavill so he fired him as Superman instead of going with the Rock's idea of Black Adam vs Superman or Man of Steel 2. And the Rock was basically fired as well along with Gal Gadot also.

But now he's casting a new actor for Superman and he seems to want to cast a younger Henry Cavill look-a-like because he's an idiot.

I can't speak on Gunn and his moves. I'm not even a fan of the Guardians of the Galaxy franchise nor do I even think he's the right person to take over the DCEU, but all of Rock's greatest hits are kid friendly family shyt...Jumanji, Journey to the Center of the Earth, Jungle Cruise, Rampage...he did this to himself. Anytime he's tried to step outside of that he bombed or it was the Fast series which doesn't need him. There's not a single reason he can't be a solid to great action star other than he wanted to be the biggest movie star in the world. He should've kept it funky with himself because that's the type time he's been on for 15 years.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
@PAWG Life

@humminbird

@Realm-Breaker

What do you think is going on? I think with the Black Adam debacle it sort of humbled Dwayne Johnson. Wish he could of had classics like Arnold Schwarzenegger

@Monoblock
it's pretty simple
Black Adam underperformed(rock wants to act like it didn't but did)
and the public that subtly waited for this to happen is making fun of him still.
at the same time he's got to prove to studios he's still got the juice for big-budget solo projects. so he's doing stuff like what the thread mentioned
I'm just happy he's back for Fast and Furious. his best role imo

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
I'm the only one that find him creepy as fukk? always smiling while talking with that leatherly skin of him, and this obsesion with his positive image, shyt is just weird, is like he is not even a real person, just a walking brand.

Daps
it's pretty simple
Black Adam underperformed(rock wants to act like it didn't but did)
and the public that subtly waited for this to happen is making fun of him still.
at the same time he's got to prove to studios he's still got the juice for big-budget solo projects. so he's doing stuff like what the thread mentioned
I'm just happy he's back for Fast and Furious. his best role imo

I’m not really a movie snob like that but were there people in that cinematic realm really waiting for him to fail?
:ohhh:

He really wasn’t the best actor I thought he mainly got by off being well liked.

Daps
Here's the short of it: The Rock wanted to play Black Adam for ages and DC was all about it. However, the production of the movie took many twists and turns and Dwayne implanted many of his own people on the project, he was basically allowed to take near creative control of the entire thing. The budget ended up going completely out of control, some say it ballooned to over $250M.

So, he really needed it to be a big hit and it wasn't. It was a pretty big flop considering how much the budget was. The Rock also snubbed them on being in the Shazam universe until all of this was over with. Black Adam is the major antagonist to Shazam.

Meanwhile, Warner Bros. merged with Discovery and has a bunch of new executives.

The Rock attempted a power play against WB/Discovery and wanted them to greenlight a sequel with him and Henry Cavill returning as Superman.

The new executives told The Rock to get the hell out of here with that and James Gunn (coming over from Marvel who is now the new President of DC) announced a slate of new DC movies and none of them are going to feature Dwayne.

The Rock found out a lot about trying to make power plays vs. multi-billion dollar corporations. Very few in Hollywood would have gotten away with it, Actually I don't think anyone would.

He is now trying to rebuild his image.

They can make a whole movie franchise going over DCU fukkery at this point :russ:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I’m not really a movie snob like that but were there people in that cinematic realm really waiting for him to fail?
:ohhh:

He really wasn’t the best actor I thought he mainly got by off being well liked.
yeah, I wasn't trying to single you out but online people hate the rock because they see him a lot and he pretty much plays the same role.

Daps
you guys don't get tired of talking about why you hate the rock:pachaha:

I'll see everyone when the Red One trailer drops

This is the coli, we purposely make hate threads on everything and everyone that’s popular
:blessed:

But seriously I’m just now finding out that the rock was kind of real world hated, never knew that.