Is there something going on with The Rock?

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
Oh dang, I knew Black Adam flopped but I didn’t know about the behind the scenes stuff
:ohhh:

The Rock trying to make a power play like that in his 50’s doesn’t make sense. Not saying it’s over for him but his best Action packed roles are definitely behind him, he would’ve had to try and pull this years ago.
Go on YouTube and watch the Patrick CC video about the rock. It’s pretty short and informative, I learned some things I didn’t know. He actually almost pulled it off, because he was really smart about the way he did it, his own team that wrote/rewrote scripts, his own producers, his own everything. Negotiations with coke boy definitely taught him a thing or 5.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
  • Became Rocky Maivia when Hollyweird wanted The Rock
  • Black Adam was the end of his chapter
  • When Kevin Hart doesn't fukk with you anymore, maybe your act got tired
  • Dude's "black side" picked up the phone:mjpls:
  • Dude going in the mid 50s route and not enough steroids will prevent father clock from going over brother
Dude could do the following, work for Hallmark or come to Koalabama and be apart of my wrestling promotion, since we go back:

images

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
Go on YouTube and watch the Patrick CC video about the rock. It’s pretty short and informative, I learned some things I didn’t know. He actually almost pulled it off, because he was really smart about the way he did it, his own team that wrote/rewrote scripts, his own producers, his own everything. Negotiations with coke boy definitely taught him a thing or 5.

The Kendall Roy of film :ohhh:

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Solo projects his numbers are horrible and he had to realized he need two or 3 other good actors on the screen to get numbers

It’s like do u want to hear 12 songs with just Dr Dre rapping on it? Or u need to have snoop, kurupt, game, Kendrick on it as well to really go out and buy it
This.

He's not the box office draw people think he is.

I'm a big Rock the wrestler fan, and I want/wanted that to translate to acting, but all his success came from pre-established ensemble franchise films. He should've been the next Stallone/Schwarzenegger. Anything that starred just him had underwhelming performance.

Black Adam finally revealed the veil on that because he hyped it up like it was one of the greatest comicbook films ever and it wasn't...arguably because he interfered too much in the production of it. Him fighting Shazam would've raised the profile of both films, but he fought against that.

Vic Damone. Jr

Don't support the phonies, support the real
Daps
Reppin
Memphis TN
Dude is doing interviews with people he would’ve never done them with before. Also he was adamant about never working with Vin diesel and Tyrese again but he signed back up for fast and furious? Has he toned down his arrogance?
:patrice:

The Black Adam debacle forced him to become less of an egomaniac.

CTE from Football/Wrestling kicking in.

DC humbled him like the Iron Sheik

He had to kiss vin diesels ring
And if he goes back to wwe hes gonna have to kiss Triple Hs ring

:mjlol:
oGQ0Gar.gif

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
This.

He's not the box office draw people think he is.

I'm a big Rock the wrestler fan, and I want/wanted that to translate to acting, but all his success came from pre-established ensemble franchise films. He should've been the next Stallone/Schwarzenegger. Anything that starred just him had underwhelming performance.

Black Adam finally revealed the veil on that because he hyped it up like it was one of the greatest comicbook films ever and it wasn't...arguably because he interfered too much in the production of it. Him fighting Shazam would've raised the profile of both films, but he fought against that.

Shazam was trash and the Rock wanted nothing to do with it. Because he didn't want to play a second rate villain in what was effectively a kids movie and he was right to do it.

Also Shazam 2 only made about $130 million Globally. Which is beyond pathetic.

As for Gunn, he could have gone for it but he has this weird hatred of Henry Cavill so he fired him as Superman instead of going with the Rock's idea of Black Adam vs Superman or Man of Steel 2. And the Rock was basically fired as well along with Gal Gadot also.

But now he's casting a new actor for Superman and he seems to want to cast a younger Henry Cavill look-a-like because he's an idiot.

Last edited: