Is The Rock the most oversaturated Movie Star of All Time?

Daps
is it Rock's fault the movies are trash? it's not like Arnold wrote The Terminator or Predator himself

maybe he became famous during a trash era for mainstream hollywood blockbusters?

:camby::camby:
This is the easiest era to get great script. There are so many more production companies and channels willing to release a project, he easily could find an elite action movie script.

He just found his lane and is sticking with it.

Cloutius Maximus

with the aid of the Funk...
Daps
Reppin
Altadena, California
:camby::camby:
This is the easiest era to get great script. There are so many more production companies and channels willing to release a project, he easily could find an elite action movie script.

He just found his lane and is sticking with it.

is it tho? i mean rock works with the big studios, im not expecting him to do indie A24 type joints

getting a great script and getting it PRODUCED into an actual movie is two different things. If he finds that dope original concept for a blockbuster, can he get the studio to invest 100+ mil?

Mʀ2ᴋDᴇᴇᴢ

Licensed New Age Healer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
orangutan_square.jpg
:russ::russ:

Daps
is it tho? i mean rock works with the big studios, im not expecting him to do indie A24 type joints

getting a great script and getting it PRODUCED into an actual movie is two different things. If he finds that dope original concept for a blockbuster, can he get the studio to invest 100+ mil?

His Net Worth is over $400MM. He doesn’t even need the studio at this point if he wanted to fund a dream movie.

And why does he need that big of a budget to fund those type of movies.

In this era, you can easily fund an action blockbuster without breaking the bank (Deadpool)

Easily? Why hasn't someone took his spot yet?

Because Hollywood is no longer looking to break the next action star. Most of your actors in those type of movies are established already.

In the streaming era, people are driven towards many different things and them Michael Bay type of movies are often flopping unless you got an established star who can get fans to come out.

The Rock already can get people to come out, there is no reason why he can’t pick better scripts on top of being in these action movies.

Last edited:

Ku$h Parker

I'm Nothin Correctable
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Prime Minister of S.B. Westside
I was thinking that about Kevin Hart but he sat down...Rock doesn't fit this parameter unless people want to mention his TV show as well. I remember they pushed Seth Rogan for a grip also. I think that's what they do just keep pushing people until you get tired of them.

Sef had them Classics tho:banderas:

Ku$h Parker

I'm Nothin Correctable
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I really liked some of them but it seems like he’s taken a seat also. Another Breh said it but John Cena is getting they mega push now.

Crazy as a TSC breh I thought it would be Austin gettin that Hollywood Push out here due to his Mega Popularity in 98-99,Yeah Rock was killin it but I didnt think he would go there,same wit Cena

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
His Net Worth is over $400MM. He doesn’t even need the studio at this point if he wanted to fund a dream movie.

And why does he need that big of a budget to fund those type of movies.

In this era, you can easily fund an action blockbuster without breaking the bank (Deadpool)

Because Hollywood is no longer looking to break the next action star. Most of your actors in those type of movies are established already.

In the streaming era, people are driven towards many different things and them Michael Bay type of movies are often flopping unless you got an established star who can get fans to come out.

The Rock already can get people to come out, there is no reason why he can’t pick better scripts on top of being in these action movies.
No, no, no..you said easiest era to get a great script..why hasn't anyone dropped nonstop box office hits like Rock?

Ku$h Parker

I'm Nothin Correctable
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
He right though……

Also there aren’t classics cuz we won’t allow shyt to be classics

Everyone is a fukking CRITIC now a days instead of just sitting back. Letting them work and keep it moving.

Back in the days my childhood generation would watch a movie, enjoy it and that’s it.

Now, niccas watch a movie and take notes to shyt on every scene and then bytch about it before the credits role

80% of the movies that we view as classics back then wouldn’t be classic if they dropped today.

If Twitter was around in the 80s/90s, Sly and Arnold would’ve been done and never recovered to y’all after Save Mama from the Train, Twins, and etc shyt they did

:russ: You mean

Or

Edit and Arnie tricked Sly into doing Stop or My Mom Will Shoot

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
Just wanna remind people that even when it comes to films staring a wrestler or former wrestler The Rock still doesn't have the best movie:mjlol:

They Live>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Anything The Rock has ever done