Is the Redfall worse than Cyberpunk 2077 at launch?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Problem is how hit and Miss Microsoft is across the board. Going back to last September you got

Grounded - Great game, but a niche title.
Scorn - hella Mid
High On Life - Average(above average if you are a Rick and Morty fan)
HiFi Rush - Great game, but a niche title.
Redfall - Ass

It's inconsistency out of them that is frustrating. I mean given their track record of how thier releases pan out Starfield will more than likely be at the least be a good game, but I don't care if it was coming to Gamepass or not I wouldn't want my first party games aka MY PRODUCT associated with a buggy mess like Redfall. If the game was complete and it just was underwhelming to gamers I could live with that, but to KNOWINGLY release a buggy mess just screams 'We have no idea what the fukk we are doing.'

It's not a good look for Microsoft no matter how you look at it, and it puts all the pressure on Starfield. That game has to legitimately be fukking amazing now to mitigate the damage from this. Forza won't be enough.
Scorn and High on life are not microsoft games.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Phil Spencer said:
we do mock reviews and Redfall got double digits from our mock reviews so the reviews it actually got are much lower. We never thought it'd review in the low 60s. Redfall is much lower than our internal metrics.

Now why would mock reviews enjoy the game so much more?

They aren’t influenced by internet hype/hate culture.

When the internet decides to pile on something everybody jumps in, it becomes a race to see who can trash the shyt the worst. Lots of people got more engagement in their content than ever before by hyperbolically trashing the game.

A 2/10 score and a headline like “Redfall is asscheeks” is the best way to get people to engage with your content this week :smh:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Now why would mock reviews enjoy the game so much more?

They aren’t influenced by internet hype/hate culture.

When the internet decides to pile on something everybody jumps in, it becomes a race to see who can trash the shyt the worst. Lots of people got more engagement in their content than ever before by hyperbolically trashing the game.

A 2/10 score and a headline like “Redfall is asscheeks” is the best way to get people to engage with your content this week :smh:

So why aren’t you playing it?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
So why aren’t you playing it?
Cause i know it will be better in the future and i got other stuff to play.

I’ve said the same thing about pretty much ALL games. They all get better and cheaper over time. Day one buyers are victims of their own lack of self control for pretty much any game. I’m still working through other gamepass games. Will get to Redfall on my own time:manny:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Cause i know it will be better in the future and i got other stuff to play.

I’ve said the same thing about pretty much ALL games. They all get better and cheaper over time. Day one buyers are victims of their own lack of self control for pretty much any game. I’m still working through other gamepass games. Will get to Redfall on my own time:manny:

But you don’t have to buy anything

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
But you don’t have to buy anything
My time is more valuable than money at this point. Played through too many games just for the definitive version to come out after i finished the game, and I rarely go back to re play a game once it reaches its final form.

I’d rather just give games their time to cook and show up when i’m ready to play :ehh:

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
They need to teach in schools on how to handle your money.

Anyone that pays money for unfinished broken game is a dumbass.

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens
bugs aside cyberpunk was a average game.. the story was meh as shyt :what: :what: :what:
This is coming from a guy who preordered Uber punk and was hype in that thread

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Scorn and High on life are not microsoft games.
They are 3rd party Xbox/Microsoft exclusives. If Sony has to hold the L for Forspoken(which I called from day one saying it looked mid as fukk), Microsoft has to hold an L for Scorn. High On Life was early made for Rick and Morty fans so I won't call it a bad game, just not for me cause that cac humor is fukking terrible.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
They are 3rd party Xbox/Microsoft exclusives. If Sony has to hold the L for Forspoken(which I called from day one saying it looked mid as fukk), Microsoft has to hold an L for Scorn. High On Life was early made for Rick and Morty fans so I won't call it a bad game, just not for me cause that cac humor is fukking terrible.
Well if you are counting 3rd party stuff you missed some games.