Is the economy actually bad ?

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
For corporations no. For your average household yes it feels bad much worse than 2019 prepandemic. People's dollars don't stretch as far and salaries have not kept up with inflation. So while the economy is doing well the overall sentiment by the average American is that it is not good.
If you own assets in the stock market which makes up a lot of the top 10% of this country's wealth then you'll be feeling great

TLDR: Wealth gap is real and widening. rich people feel the economy is doing good and middle class and lower are being stretched thin.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
It's doing great for the people who matter to our government (wealthy donor class)
People running around talking about Biden ruined the economy while stock market is at an all time high then they double down on their stupidity by threatening to vote for the party that will lower corporate taxes and deregulate...only increasing the divide

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it's somewhere in the middle. it can't be "bad" because the stock market is too high, and the unemployment rate is too low. people in 2009 would be begging for this economy

and i'm only speaking for myself, but now that gas is back down to normal, i don't notice inflation like that :yeshrug: i buy my food at costco and walmart; it's not overly expensive. the grocery store chains are more expensive, so i just dont go there

Daps
Reppin
NULL
A hash brown at McDonalds cost like $4. Yeah it's bad.
That’s not a matter of the economy that’s corporate America generating record profits because they found out people will still pay. The increase in corporate profits in recent years has drastically outpaced inflation

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
It's bad for the poor and lower class. It's great for the corporations. Personally, I'm doing ok but the cost of groceries is insane. I went grocery shopping two weeks ago and spent $250 on stuff which would have been $100 less a couple of years ago.

I can only imagine what people renting apartments are going through. :francis:

King_Sage

All Star
Daps
Bad for some, good for others..

The concern at the moment is the cost of money getting more expensive, can companies remain as profitable as they have been lately