Is the economy actually bad ?

tay1

All Star
Daps
Bad for some, good for others..

The concern at the moment is the cost of money getting more expensive, can companies remain as profitable as they have been lately
They'll continue to become more profitable as they cut staff and implement AI. For example, many drive through's have AI taking orders.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
it's somewhere in the middle. it can't be "bad" because the stock market is too high, and the unemployment rate is too low. people in 2009 would be begging for this economy

and i'm only speaking for myself, but now that gas is back down to normal, i don't notice inflation like that :yeshrug: i buy my food at costco and walmart; it's not overly expensive. the grocery store chains are more expensive, so i just dont go there
The inflation thing and how it's crushing the middle class is just a Republican talking point to shyt on Dems. Yes inflation was up but mafukkas be talking like an extra dollar for eggs a month has them in the homeless shelter. "Bu bu but Milk went up .75 cents this year" ass nikkas. :damn:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
if you have non monetary assets this is probably one of the greatest times in American history

Real estate, stocks, watches, cars. All of this is appreciating

tay1

All Star
Daps
Inflation is definitely happening and is having an effect. Fast food companies have released statements saying how even they are feeling the effects.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Inflation is definitely happening and is having an effect. Fast food companies have released statements saying how even they are feeling the effects.
mcdonalds also basically admitted they were just price gouging tho :jbhmm:

CrushedGroove

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Trump caused this. When the tax cuts for the wealthy happened under his watch, the recipients were in a profits race. To make it not look so obvious, they gave workers raises, but offset it by raising prices.

Who wants to make less money? Nobody! So they won't drop prices, but they also won't raise wages anymore.

COVID caused a supply shortage which increased prices as well and they have not gone down much since because yachts have to be bought and shareholders hands have to get greased.

While this doesn't encompass everything, it is something that I have noticed.

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
The rebound of the economy from covid was always going to take some time. A once in a lifetime pandemic and you legit have folks acting like it should have little to no effect and that the economy should come roaring back in a year. It doesn't work like that.

It's improving but at its own pace.

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
As far as the stock market there is 0 reason not to at least have a little money in the makets. You can buy fractional shares these days. No excuse.

"The stock market isn't an economic indicator!" You're right. Congratulations. Now why did you leave that potential cash on the table?