Is the appeal of still watching the WWE is that it's so bad, that it's good?

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
It’s funny how the narrative is if you’re a WWE or wrestling fan in general that you’re a lame, loser, gay or a nerd.

When in reality, wrestling appeals to a wide range of people. WWE is hotter than fish grease right now and is having its biggest year ever of its existence that includes the attitude era that’s held in high regard.
Has to be :duck:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I honestly gave up on caring about the product :manny: .

Probably old age but it seems like the marks are running the ring and outside the ring. It's not fun anymore.

I tried watching WM and was like :francis: . It just feels like something is missing.

Like the element of surprise which "wrestling journalists" killed.

Discussions and engagements without death threats and heads swinging fist because of another man in tights.

Then you have dikkriders and computer chair bookers that funk up the entire feel of the fake sport (I was guilty of this too).

Quite frankly, the shyt peaked before COVID and despite the glazing of the WWE, the throat gagging of AEW, and even overseas wrestling in its last dying strong style stance...folks that grew up on the attitude era, WCW, ECW and even CM Punk fukkery are not coming back.

Sad state of affairs, but it is what it is :manny:

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
It’s funny how the narrative is if you’re a WWE or wrestling fan in general that you’re a lame, loser, gay or a nerd.

When in reality, wrestling appeals to a wide range of people. WWE is hotter than fish grease right now and is having its biggest year ever of its existence that includes the attitude era that’s held in high regard.
biggest year ever based on what?

definitely not by ratings and paper view buy rates

haven't watched wwe since 2012 but it surely can't be a bigger pop culture entity right now than attitude era.

Roger king

Superstar
Daps
I stopped when you realize the vast number of this wrestlers are pro Trump MAGA and flat out racists, hulk hogan arguably the biggest name in the company history was on tape saying the n word and spewing antiblack hate all because his daughter had the temerity to get involve with a black man

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
biggest year ever based on what?

definitely not by ratings and paper view buy rates

haven't watched wwe since 2012 but it surely can't be a bigger pop culture entity right now than attitude era.
WWE is making more money now than at any point in history and stopped doing PPV years ago. Now it’s PLE(Premium Live Event) on Peacock.

It’s definitely better now than it was years ago but Vince did do some dope shyt too :sas2:

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
WWE is making more money now than at any point in history and stopped doing PPV years ago. Now it’s PLE(Premium Live Event) on Peacock.

It’s definitely better now than it was years ago but Vince did do some dope shyt too :sas2:
thats like say nba is bigger right now than the jordan era because it's making far more money. you have to count in inflation and both companies going out of their way to expend overseas. the general public interest it just not there. attitude era peak in ratings were an 8.0 and averaged 6 on a weekly basis

i don't know the ratings now but surely it can't be anywhere close even if you include streaming.

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
thats like say nba is bigger right now than the jordan era because it's making far more money. you have to count in inflation and both companies going out of their way to expend overseas. the general public interest it just not there. attitude era peak in ratings were an 8.0 and averaged 6 on a weekly basis

i don't know the ratings now but surely it can't be anywhere close even if you include streaming.

I think as far as consistently packing out shows year after year it's as big as it's ever been right now.

Attitude era was huge but in reality it was a short stint.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
:laff::laff::laff:I really couldn't imagine being at a wedding where this happens, must feel cringe worthy being there in person :mjlol:
I ain't gonna front throwing the ones up with your people in public is fun af after a few drinks :heh:

When some folks get the reference it gets straight up foolish :mjlol:

Last edited:

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
AJ Styles year long reign as WWE champ was a GOAT reign. From the Shinsuke and Samoa Joe feuds to the James Elllsworth fukkery :bryan:

Speaking of :bryan:, him making a surprise return and winning the world title in his first singles match in almost 4 years :ehh:

3 black world champs between 2019-2021 :sas2:

2 black women being the Wrestlemania Main Event(2021) and that being one of the best matches of the past decade if not ever :sas2:

Vince started the Tribal Chief/Bloodline story that led to the GOAT world title reign ever especially compared to the Attitude Era title reigns :sas2:

Vince still was able to book well when he wasn’t going overboard with the fukkery :mjgrin: