Is the appeal of still watching the WWE is that it's so bad, that it's good?

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
I stopped watching wrestling after the Attitude era. Personally it doesn't captivate me like the Attitude era. I thought it had to do with my age and maturity but I was watching Attitude era clips on YT a few weeks and got the same energy for it I had watching it live.

Add in Twitter so I no longer have to watch a full episode to see the exciting parts and I am cool on watching a full episode of smackdown or raw

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I haven't watched WWE going back to 2000. The last two years were phenomenal.

I still don't tune in every week, but I'll watch every now and then and check it when it shows up on my social media from time-to-time. I even went to my first Wrestlemania when it came to SoFi last year.

The amount of celebrities that have been involved the last two to three years have been insane. Definitely reminded me of the 80's and 90's.

Bloodline makes me legit wish I were younger again. I'd be acting a fool with that Tribal Chief gimmick if I were still in grade school :mjlol: :heh:

shyt is so ridiculous, but that's what makes it great and entertaining.

Last edited:

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
I haven't watched WWE going back to 2000. The last two years were phenomenal.

I still don't tune in every week, but I'll watch every now and then and check it when it shows up on my social media from time-to-time.

The amount of celebrities that have been involved the last two to three years have been insane. Definitely reminded me of the 80's and 90's.
:dwillhuh:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I just used to remember seeing Mr. T, Salt N Peppa, Run DMC, Willie Nelson, Gladys Knight and them show up on the old school Wrestlemania's.

Now you got all these modern celebrities everything from music to Hollywood to the fashion industry showing up and mentioning it on social media like Winnie Harlow, Coco Jones out there doing the National Anthem, Kat Dennings, Sexyy Red, etc.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s still a Great live experience. went to shows for AEW and the wwe recently in the last year and had a great time. All walks of life be in those crowds, wrestling still draws . It might not be as good as the attitude era or even the ruthless agression era but they’re still entertaining

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
I originally stopped watching after Austin/Rock left. I was a little kid

I started watching again during the AJ Lee/CM Punk/Daniel Bryan days when I was in high school. Stopped watching wrestling again in my early 20’s after my favorites were no longer in the spotlight

I’m 30 now and don’t think I could ever get back into it. But the appeal for me back then was the ridiculous storylines, feuds, gimmicks, hype moments and characters

The actual wrestling wasn’t the only attraction for me. Of course you want to see your favorites win and do their signature moves. But people watch the product for more than just the scripted matches

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
It’s funny how the narrative is if you’re a WWE or wrestling fan in general that you’re a lame, loser, gay or a nerd.

When in reality, wrestling appeals to a wide range of people. WWE is hotter than fish grease right now and is having its biggest year ever of its existence that includes the attitude era that’s held in high regard.