Is Tech N9NE still the favorite Rapper for Black people who don't have any Black Friends?

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
268x0w.jpg

:mjlaugh::Bookertlol:

one of the WOAT covers ever :mjlol: this is a definition of being corny :dead:

SAJ!!

Straight Shooter
Supporter
Daps
Thread title is hilarious. I spent some time in Iowa for graduate school, and I'll never forget this one bar with all the white women who worked there would do shots and put Tech N9ne on the jukebox and rap along word for word. Lower class white chicks from the Iowa/Omaha border. Dude has the most bizarre and improbable cult following: dark corners of flyover states, KC, and the Bay area.
No lies told.

I remembered coming from the library and seeing the old Olympic Lounge packed for a Tech N9ne concert. The lines were so long, damn near everybody was turned away.

Dude does have a huge fanbase in that area. I can't front.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Tech n9ne is....really good though....if you actually appreciate the skill of rap rather than adhering to some weird social allegiance you should be able to acknowledge that...its pretty obvious....

I swear, some of yall dont really acknowledge skill in anything in an objective sense...you're more on the lines of "whose listening to them" and "are they saying what i want them to say". And theres so much more to MC skill than that.
Hellmann's dripping all over this post :dead:

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
That’s not his lane

Tech is an underground rapper like MF Doom and such.

A lot of white people like underground rappers in general and not specifically him.

Dude did his own thing and got successful without c00ning. I respect that.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
:mjlol: His fans keep describing him the way you would describe a free throw.

Don't hate, He's a very precise with his rhymes dude.:stopitslime:
Super consistent on the tracks fam. :francis:
very reliable with his bars homie:to:
he lands a high percentage of his flows breh. :mjcry:

:mjlol:

THIS IS RETARDED, TECH HAS HELLA SOUL TO GO ALONG WIT HIS TECHNICAL ABILITY

YOU ARE DESCRIBING KENDRICK LAMAR

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
THIS IS RETARDED, TECH HAS HELLA SOUL TO GO ALONG WIT HIS TECHNICAL ABILITY

YOU ARE DESCRIBING KENDRICK LAMAR
Relax Trevor, He's good okay. I'm not hating on his abilities.
I'm just saying that just because you're a good rapper doesn't mean you're a cool person/swaggy.
You can be dorky ass dweeb that spits flames. and thats what he is breh. obviously he represents what alot of coli posters are. :mjlol:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Its funny dudes are naming guys that ive only heard from the real hard core white rap fans.. Logic, lil dikky, tech9, even tyler.... they always tell me i should listen to such and such...
i be like... yeaaaa, ill check him out.,thanx..
nikka, ive been listening to Capone N Noriega for 25yrs, u think ima just up and start listening to that other shyt now... dummy
CNN CHANNEL 10 WHA WHA :birdman:

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
Relax Trevor, He's good okay. I'm not hating on his abilities.
I'm just saying that just because you're a good rapper doesn't mean you're a cool person/swaggy.
You can be dorky ass dweeb that spits flames. and thats what he is breh.

CALLING TECH A “DORKY ASS DWEEB” JUS SHOWS ME HOW DUMB U ARE .. U PROLLY LOOK LIKE THIS

profile-photo-56957.jpg

TECH GREW UP ON THE BLOCK WIT THE 57TH ST. BLOODS IN KC. HE STARTED OFF AS A GANGSTA RAPPER AND IS PART OF ONE OF THE HARDEST CREWS EVER WIT YUKMOUTH CALLED THE REGIME. ONLY “DORKY ASS DWEEBS” SAY “DORKY ASS DWEEB”.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I wouldn't say he chose to be indie....he was signed to 3-4 labels and didn't go anywhere on any of them. I don't remember the label but he was even briefly signed to Quincy Jones WB imprint.

Granted, I'm talking early in his career. I remember seeing his CDs for sale in Recycled Sounds on Main and 7th Heaven on Troost....this was the early 90's. The first album on Strange Music was "Absolute Power" in 2002, so he was trying to get on for damn near a decade before going indie.

The next year he was touring with ICP, after that his career in the underground blew up.

I didn't know a single black person that fukked with him, outside of a couple songs. :manny:

Went to Central, Paseo and Westport....graduated in 1995, was all over the city all through the 90's and nobody was really playing his shyt. Which is why I'm not clowning him for the ICP shyt, it's not as if he got support on a grass roots level from his own city.

I definitely agree he was well respected among rappers....but then again so is K-rino and rap fans clown the fukk out of him. It is what it is. :manny:

Fred.
me and all my friends fukked with tech, but there was a hard shift from black fans to white fans. I remember going to a couple of his concerts and being at the Absolute Power photoshoot/mini concert at Uptown and it was hella black people there.
absolute-power.jpg
But after that, yeah the white people took over. And yeah he was on some with Quincy but it wasn't like he was on like Universal or a major-major.

And it's funny you mentioned K-Rino, he's my favorite rapper. LMAO.