Is Tech N9NE still the favorite Rapper for Black people who don't have any Black Friends?

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I don't think he had the option of going another route. His career wasn't really popping like that....his own city wasn't supporting him....rap fans in general weren't really checking for him.

I think ICP is WOAT level but if he didn't find that lane then I doubt he'd even exist as a rapper. That fan base threw him a life line when nobody else was fukking with him.

Fred.
he chose to be independent. If he had gone the major route he definitely would have been on another career path. And black KC rap fans did support him, in my opinion. He ended up on the ICP type shyt because you can only do so much independently and being from KC and rapping hood shyt. He needed to branch off into white audiences to get his paper up. But it's not like other people in the industry didn't know who he was though. Other rappers clearly respected dude though.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
OP stoooooopid :mjlol:

That man still gets heavy bags tho... and he’s technically sound .
:mjlol: His fans keep describing him the way you would describe a free throw.

Don't hate, He's a very precise with his rhymes dude.:stopitslime:
Super consistent on the tracks fam. :francis:
very reliable with his bars homie:to:
he lands a high percentage of his flows breh. :mjcry:

:mjlol:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
he chose to be independent. If he had gone the major route he definitely would have been on another career path. And black KC rap fans did support him, in my opinion. He ended up on the ICP type shyt because you can only do so much independently and being from KC and rapping hood shyt. He needed to branch off into white audiences to get his paper up. But it's not like other people in the industry didn't know who he was though. Other rappers clearly respected dude though.

I wouldn't say he chose to be indie....he was signed to 3-4 labels and didn't go anywhere on any of them. I don't remember the label but he was even briefly signed to Quincy Jones WB imprint.

Granted, I'm talking early in his career. I remember seeing his CDs for sale in Recycled Sounds on Main and 7th Heaven on Troost....this was the early 90's. The first album on Strange Music was "Absolute Power" in 2002, so he was trying to get on for damn near a decade before going indie.

The next year he was touring with ICP, after that his career in the underground blew up.

I didn't know a single black person that fukked with him, outside of a couple songs. :manny:

Went to Central, Paseo and Westport....graduated in 1995, was all over the city all through the 90's and nobody was really playing his shyt. Which is why I'm not clowning him for the ICP shyt, it's not as if he got support on a grass roots level from his own city.

I definitely agree he was well respected among rappers....but then again so is K-rino and rap fans clown the fukk out of him. It is what it is. :manny:

Fred.

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Its funny dudes are naming guys that ive only heard from the real hard core white rap fans.. Logic, lil dikky, tech9, even tyler.... they always tell me i should listen to such and such...
i be like... yeaaaa, ill check him out.,thanx..
nikka, ive been listening to Capone N Noriega for 25yrs, u think ima just up and start listening to that other shyt now... dummy

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Thread title is hilarious. I spent some time in Iowa for graduate school, and I'll never forget this one bar with all the white women who worked there would do shots and put Tech N9ne on the jukebox and rap along word for word. Lower class white chicks from the Iowa/Omaha border. Dude has the most bizarre and improbable cult following: dark corners of flyover states, KC, and the Bay area.
so basically tech n9ne has the same fans as insane clown posse :mjlol:

SAJ!!

Straight Shooter
Supporter
Daps
I wouldn't say he chose to be indie....he was signed to 3-4 labels and didn't go anywhere on any of them. I don't remember the label but was even briefly signed to Quincy Jones WB imprint.

Granted, I'm talking early in his career. I remember seeing his CDs for sale in Recycled Sounds on Main and 7th Heaven on Troost....this was the early 90's. The first album on Strange Music was "Absolute Power" in 2002, so he was trying to get on for damn near a decade before going indie.

The next year he was touring with ICP, after that his career in the underground blew up.

I didn't know a single black person that fukked with him, outside of a couple songs. :manny:

Went to Central, Paseo and Westport....graduated in 1995, was all over the city all through the 90's and nobody was really playing his shyt. Which is why I'm not clowning him for the ICP shyt, it's not as if he got support on a grass roots level from his own city.

I definitely agree he was well respected among rappers....but then again so is K-rino and rap fans clown the fukk out of him. It is what it is. :manny:

Fred.

Were you referring to Qwest Records?

• Dap
Reactions: hex

cozy carl

Boy Toy
Daps
Reppin
Cozy Boyz
i remember some cac tryna sell me a cd of his back in 08
the album cover was a imatation of Thriller, i was like get
this goofy fukkin shyt outta my face:what:

268x0w.jpg

EUcKu6u.png

Last edited:

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
gotta give him some credit though, he can rap, there was a song with him, busta and twista on and he def did his part

But these hopsins and the corny ass odd future rappers are something else :dead: pure garbage