Is Star Wars Attack Of The Clones unfairly hated on because of how trash Episode I was?

Combat Carl

Yeah n!gga
Daps
Looking back, this film was NOT as bad as alot of brehs made it out to be. The lightsaber duels were on point and the end battle scene was pretty well done as well. Of course the obvious flaw of the film was George Lucas' trash writing skills with Anakin and Padme's boring ass love story and wooden acting.

I just feel that brehs really didnt give the film a chance because of how utterly :trash: Episode I was.

AOTC was a solid 6/10 film to me :ehh:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Let me elaborate: It's not great, episode 3 is still the best out of that trilogy, and it's the best by a mile, but attack of the clones isn't a bad flick like episode 1. It has some redeeming things to it, like the lightsaber battles, count dooku, Mace Windu, etc. But it had a pulse and a clear sense of direction, even though Lucas can't write to save his life, he still understands how to steer something and clearly has a vision of what he wants to do and where he wants a story to go. Hayden and Natalie (obviously) are both good actors but they weren't given much in those movies and Lucas isn't an actor's director at all, as anyone should be able to tell with the amount of CGI he puts in his films; I think he'd prefer to just direct the animation than the actors because he wants complete control.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
:ehh: I liked AOTC much better than TPM, but it still had it's issues. Anytime Anakin/Padme were on screen, it literally had me wanting to check my ticket to see if I was in the right movie and despite the fact that Yoda got a chance to fight, that was the most tame lightsaber fight of all time (yes, even more so than than the one in ANH). However, I did like the Jango/Obi Wan subplot and the final battle at Geonosis. It was alright. AOTC is the only Star Wars movie not finish #1 at the end of the year at the box office, and I think a lot of that had to do with the public's reception of TPM. A lot of people who saw TPM did not come back to see Clones and Sith.

Bobhoward

Baseball Ready
Daps
:mjlol:

Attack of the Clones is the worst fukking one.

Revenge of the Sith at least had a cool premise and story but it still has the terrible dialogue, wooden acting and just overall shytiness that plagued the rest of the prequel trilogy.