Is Star Wars Attack Of The Clones unfairly hated on because of how trash Episode I was?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
honestly i dont even mind hte first movie, sorry im not some star wars nerd, i thoguht it was a entertaining movie. Great actors with ewan, natalie and liam. Darth maul was ill, those races were dope, that final battle :banderas:,

may take some flack but the old ones aged horribly to me, the light saber battles :flabbynsick:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
this buti though only waited for this here......

this was the only good thing about this movie though.... as much as i like maul this short fight didnt make the rest of the movie worth it.... if it was longer or maul had more screen time fightin other people id agree but they did my dude bogus...

I'd rather watch the Pod Race and Maul Fight than wack ass Hayden and his terrible acting. Him and Natalie Portman has ZERO chemistry and I'm suppose to believe this is Luke and Leia Mom and Dad? The Coliseum battle was all over the place. Dooku was an average villein and not seeing Maul. Maul should of been the person Anakin had to kill to become Vader. Maul should be in the whole damn trilogy and Lucas knows this which is why he resurrected him in "The Clone Wars" cartoon. The only thing about Clones I messed with was the Yoda fight. It aged worst than "Menace".

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Another thing. "THE CLONE WARS" should of been Episode II. Not the origin story of how the clones came about, that should of been flashbacks at best. That was a huge mistake by Lucas. Episode II should of been space battles and wars, not that terrible love story he tried to put in. The whole "The Clone Wars" Cartoon as Lucas apologizing to the fans.

Combat Carl

Yeah n!gga
Daps
honestly i dont even mind hte first movie, sorry im not some star wars nerd, i thoguht it was a entertaining movie. Great actors with ewan, natalie and liam. Darth maul was ill, those races were dope, that final battle :banderas:,

may take some flack but the old ones aged horribly to me, the light saber battles :flabbynsick:
That Darth Vader vs Kenobi duel from Episode IV is the all time WOAT

The Luke vs Vader duels both held up with time because of the story behind the duels and James Earl Jones' acting

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
For the record, I'm a huge "Star Wars" fan so I like all the films but if someone asked me seriously what was the worst, obviously it's between "Menace" and "Clones". "Sith" takes 4th Place cause Lucas kinda figured it out buy that 3rd film. Also the Prequels story wise was always going to be the most boring of the saga which is why Lucas started it in the middle. Nobody wanted to see a little Kid Vader. But that was the story. Again out of all the Prequels, I left more Disappointed by "Clones". I had issue with "Menace" but I understood at the time Lucas was really trying to appeal to Kids like he did with the Ewoks in "Jedi" which I was young. I remember Adults use to hate on the Ewoks heavy calling them "Teddy bears in the Forrest", lol.

Star Wars = A +
Empire Strikes Back = A +
Return of the Jedi = A
Revenge of the Sith = B +
The Phantom Menace = C
Attack of the Clones = C

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
I'd rather watch the Pod Race and Maul Fight than wack ass Hayden and his terrible acting. Him and Natalie Portman has ZERO chemistry and I'm suppose to believe this is Luke and Leia Mom and Dad? The Coliseum battle was all over the place. Dooku was an average villein and not seeing Maul. Maul should of been the person Anakin had to kill to become Vader. Maul should be in the whole damn trilogy and Lucas knows this which is why he resurrected him in "The Clone Wars" cartoon. The only thing about Clones I messed with was the Yoda fight. It aged worst than "Menace".
i agree maul shoulda ran the whole trilogy but they dropped the ball majorly... i always looked at dooku like :flabbynsick:... this slow ass old dude keepin up speed wit anakin was laughable to me... ida even been happier seein more grievous, i think he coulda been utilized better... yoda was ill...

im not even a star wars fan like that... i watch for the bad guys so Maul & Vader were the best parts for me... i just hate part 1 so much cause im like i sat through all this bullshyt & i only get this much Maul??? rest of the movie was :camby:... at least 2 had some interestin fights to keep my attention... im not moved by the actin or story in any of em really though so i dont even factor that in....

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Maul is like Bobafett. He's so mysterious and underused that the fans fell in love with him. But Maul was the perfect Sith to introduce after Vader. What the hell was Lucas smoking to kill him off? I get it, he wanted Obi to come into his own and become a man but Maul would of been perfect as the Main antagonist throughout the whole Saga.

giphy.gif

sun raw

All Star
Daps
Nah Attack of the Clones is actually even worse than Episode I.

AntLive1981

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia,Pa
I was left dissatisfied when I saw this in the theater. It took way too long for the action to get really jumping and I was highly disappointed in the light saber fight compared to the Darth Maul fight in Ep 1. The special effects were on point, but it was just a bunch of fancy shyt to look at while boring shyt was going on on-screen. I liked Ep 3 way better.

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
all three are hated on because of how trash episode 1 was, Darth Maul was literally the only cool thing

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
There’s nothing unfair about shytting on this movie

Terrible name

Terrible dialog and acting

Went full cartoon CGI sets and characters. Everything looks fake like a video game

The worst and most unbelievable romance in film history

Anakin is a whiny creep

Anakin and Obi-Wan seem to barely tolerate each other instead of being good friends

There’s a 50s diner

Yoda flipping around like Sonic with a lightsaber

Baby Boba Fett

The assassination attempt on Padme where: Sidious tasked Dooku, who tasked Jango Fett, who tasked another bounty hunter, who tasked a droid that uses poisonous centipedes

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The assassination attempt on Padme where: Sidious tasked Dooku, who tasked Jango Fett, who tasked another bounty hunter, who tasked a droid that uses poisonous centipedes

Yeah, this made no sense to me.

Why would the Jedi put Padme in a room with a huge window where everyone could see if they knew an assassin was coming to kill her?
Why didn’t the Jedi use a decoy like they had earlier in the film?
Why did Jango Fett hire another bounty hunter to do his job?
Why didn’t Zam Wessell use a sniper rifle to shoot Padme through the window instead of using those slow moving bugs?
We saw her shoot at Obi-Wan, so we know she’s strapped.
How come the bounty hunter never used her shapeshifting powers to blend in with all those alien bar patrons while hiding in the nightclub?
Why did Jango snitch on himself by killing Zam with a dart that could be traced back to his home planet? They have blasters.

That whole sequence made no sense at all.

I would say:
Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
A New Hope
Revenge of the Sith
Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones