Is Spider-Man the most unique idea for a superhero?

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Actually Peter Parker anD spiderman are the single lone greatest characters all time in print.

There is no other pop culture property.
that deals with every issue a man could endure.
Literally spiderman is how I was even able to fathom doing anything after my gf was killed.
If Peter Parker never lost Gwen Stacy.

I would have been extremely lost.

Art Barr

Last edited:

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Thats why i never liked justice league, whats the point when superman can do everything?

i remember in batman vs superman after the whole “save marthaaa” shyt, they had batman go in there and rumble and tumble with goons. Like lets be honest, superman could have saved his mom in like 2 seconds without anyone even knowing he entered the building.

they had zod basically kill batman, supergirl, and two flashes an infinite number of times that it broke time and space. Zod, the person superman not only killed but all his super powered kryptonian sidekicks.
Superman handled them easy too. Had Zod hemmed up without a mark on him and he ain’t never even fought before:mjlol:

But the Justice League has way more heavy hitters than just Superman. Shazam, Dr. Fate, Captain Atom, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, etc. Even two flashes would give Zod smoke.

Zod would get jumped and put back in the phantom zone quickly

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
This.

The creator is a Spider-Stan himself.

As to @Gizmo_Duck 's point.

The answer is yes.

Spider-Man is lightning in a bottle as far as Super Heroes go.

He broke almost every convention of the day.

He was a kid when he got his powers. He had to learn on the fly.

He experienced tragedy after tragedy but he wasn't broken by it. It strengthened his resolve.

He had real people problems. Trouble maintaining friendships, relationships, even jobs.

He operates in a relatively small but dense radius and his villian's range from geniuses to psychos, wealthy to working class jobbers just trying to put food on their table.

Its really a unique combination.
Sounds like Shazam aka Captain Marvel.

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
You actually are correct as far as no other large distributor.

Has an equivalent, similar or even just blatant ripoff of the character.
That is anywhere near as potent.
[Maybe invincible,...is the only one. Where i compare invincible to more superboy/goku/gohan].

It is really why it is the one character.
anyone will always come back to. Even if they were forced away from the product.

From the writing becoming oftputting.

As spiderman is completely integral to life as a growing person. Especially any person enduring trauma with no outlet.

If not for spiderman.
Just personally....
Spiderman is ......
I can get kinda choked up even thinking about petey.

Just the knowledge of the character.
I would never have known.
I could endure the traumas I faced. Plus because of spiderman. I knew of the journey and discovery behind dealing with trauma. Plus I knew ahead of time from spiderman before I ever endured trauma. There was sumfin, even if it was fictional. That had a testament to overcoming this said trauma and also knowing.
it was not all rainbows with a pot of gold at the end.

Spiderman is actually a world treasure and imo the greatest mainstream character in the domestic world. That is an integral piece of content.
most will need in their natural life.
at some arduous point in life.
I can not think anyone in life.
can live a successful happy life.
without indepth knowledge of spiderman.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
One of the first things with spiderman is.

The actual first penciler of spiderman and creator Steve ditko.

Steve ditko = Peter Parker

Amigos-de-Flash-Thompson.jpg

So given the fact stan Lee used the marvel way.
to create the script and conten.
being fleshed out from ditko's pencils.
Spiderman is akin to a case study about steve ditko.
That uniqueness is also why spiderman is spiderman.

Is because the matrix of ditko is engrained in Peter Parker aka spiderman.

Art Barr

Parkerlewis : if you look into ditko as a creator. You will find a number of things morally or in virtue. That he was about. That also may have created the virtue of Parker.
as such a distinctive character as well.

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Yeah i used to like superman as a kid but grew out of it pretty young. I still like spiderman, batman etc. superman is unoriginal and boring character. Thats why spiderman/ Batman movies and games obliterate the Superman IP. Even kids love spiderman way more then superman. It also makes for horrible storylines because you have to conveniently nerf him to tell any decent story. Lmao @ batman fighting him in a iron man suit :mjlol:

The issue with superman and batman.
as main drawing characters.
plus why they only draw as legacy characters.
Is a number of key variables.
One being batman and superman are truly based on complete fiction and also cultural lore with the idea superman is a supernatural jewish 'superman'. That originally the long term issue with superman.
is over time the character used to given any power abruptly to save the day. So superman host of powers for most heroes outside spiderman.[even spiderman's intellect is based in superman bring an intellectual genius which has been nerfed as his super power over time as well. As it ruins the storytelling of the character. Plus csn ruin storytelling for all of comics and superheroes in general] in general most of the super powers we have ever encountered. Were all superman's powers. That had to eventually be downgraded. As the idea of superman became so preposterous.

That it drove readership away.
Batman as a construct has disconnect to readership and over time general culture. As batman is completely a figment of complete imagination. There is no 6.4 dark haired playboy billionaire. Just the idea is one rooted in complete fiction. Which over time, and course of reality. Makes batman a very hard sell. Plus couple it woth the asinine bullshyt comedy series. Singlehandedly pushing phoney as a word used consistently used in america. That the content became so oftputting. Combined with Warners long term inability to read a fukk'n room. If not for the Burton movies. Batman would be a dead ip from sheer disconnect and oversaturation of the batman comedy in syndication. Which by the eighties for sure had complete disconnect for its target audience. That I absolutely hated batman till the dark knight. Which is an elseworld batman story.
Which was released in print.
That ol school word of mouth. Changed the perception of batman could be an incredible ride. So without the Burton FIlm.
to try to bring to a silver screen the elseworld tale. Or a new idea of batman the dark knight.

We would not be talking favorably about batman at all. Plus it would have died as a drawing ideal. That batman in 2023. Would be close to a fifty year dead drawing ip if not for the Burton film. Trying to create a gateway for the dark knight elseworld variation of batman.

With superman, that idea to relaunch superman. Fell prey to the same person whose content decision. Would eventually come to ruin marvel as a print house that owned themselves as well.

John bryne ruined superman in relaunch. The same way he ruined Westcoast avengers. Which would become the very reason we are watching the mcu lose any ability to draw as well.

Art Barr

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
To me, Spider-man feels like the only superhero of his kind. Theres no DC or Image equivilent, which is rare. I can think of a counter-part to almost every other marvel hero in some other form of media but not Spider-Man. It seems like its such a unique idea it would almost be copyright infringement to borrow too much from it.

I think the closest thing is the idea of batman grappling and swinging around but he doesn’t really do it like spider-man. Spider-Man is pretty much an acrobat that exists mostly in mid-town manhattan and can’t exist anywhere else really. No one else swings around like that, can crawl on surfaces, has an actual defined personality and characters outside of his costume, and has a rogue gallery on the same level outside of Batman.

His costume is also pretty unique too. No one else would ever think to wear some shyt like that if they were gonna become a superhero. shyt looks mad uncomfortable.
Technically there are like dozens of characters like spiderman but they are mostly. protege/successor type characters Jessica Drew, Miles, spidergwen, etc

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Thats why i never liked justice league, whats the point when superman can do everything?

i remember in batman vs superman after the whole “save marthaaa” shyt, they had batman go in there and rumble and tumble with goons. Like lets be honest, superman could have saved his mom in like 2 seconds without anyone even knowing he entered the building.

Time constraint , space constraint, and specialization.

It's kinda like saying why do we even have air force when navy seals can do everything? :troll:

You need a green lantern to monitor stuff outside earth and warn earth when it becomes an earth problem.

Similarly , You need a batman to access human social networks and do serious investigation. For example, supes can't be hacking into the lexcorp mainframes and starlabs to find out about their new wmd . Neither can he research the financial transactions of nefarious organizations to predict their actions.

Wonderwoman is defence against the gods(most of whom use magic) and she alerts earth of when dieties are fukking things up .

I do kinda agree with you that a few characters in the JL are redundant. Flash is unnecessary and can be covered by supes. Both Martian and cyborg are unnecessary and can be covered by batman. And tbh with you, I still don't understand what the two bird people contribute to the squad :pachaha:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Time constraint , space constraint, and specialization.

It's kinda like saying why do we even have air force when navy seals can do everything? :troll:

You need a green lantern to monitor stuff outside earth and warn earth when it becomes an earth problem.

Similarly , You need a batman to access human social networks and do serious investigation. For example, supes can't be hacking into the lexcoro mainframe and starlabs and finding about their new wmd .

Widerwoman is defence against the gods(most of whom use magic) and she alerts earth of when dieties are fukking things up .

I do kinda agree with you that a few characters in the JL are redundant. Flash is unnecessary and can be covered by supes. Both Martian and cyborg are unnecessary and can be covered by batman. And tbh with you I still don't understand what the two bird people contribute to the squad :pachaha:

This was the justice league at one point :heh:

wonder-twins-with-the-super-friends.jpeg